Spare tire

Man that was hard work. Jacking up an EV is A LOT harder than other cars.

Also make sure to pack some gloves (latex and work gloves), a kneeling pad. Nice thing about the jack kit included was a ratchet for the jack.

Man that was hard work. Jacking up an EV is A LOT harder than other cars.

Also make sure to pack some gloves (latex and work gloves), a kneeling pad. Nice thing about the jack kit included was a ratchet for the jack.
How does it drive with this spare? Does the car's traction control etc flip out?

How does it drive with this spare? Does the car's traction control etc flip out?
Well, it pulled toward the side with the spare. No errors or warnings but I definitely was not "gunning" it

I thought you might just “toss it in” the frunk to check out fit since the swap seemed so easy to do!
Yea you know, I probably should have haha. Let's hope I never have to find out!

I sent the President an email and have yet to hear anything yet.

I agree with Pete44, full size tire would be nice, but the $1000/$1700 seems ridiculous. I was actually thinking about getting a full size tire of a different make/look so that I wouldn't have to worry about speed etc... and drive the car normally for a few days while the replacement tire came in. Looking at the threads it seems like they cannot easily fix these 21" tires due to some sort of foam inside the tires? Would be curious if anyone else has thought about this also.
I had a flat on my Tesla in which the tire has a similar foam band running along the inside wall. Local tire company removed small portion of the foam and placed patch on inside wall with plug continuing through the screw hole. I know this voids the 168MPH rating but I will never go that fast. The tire has continued to function well without problems.

Hoping that there is no list for @CLTGT to monitor...would be much easier if she provided a code for use on the website.

That is what I asked her for, also gave her the link to this thread. Based on history, I would expect a reply at some point this week.

Update - Well, she actually just got back with me and told me she has to get with her web programmer to make the discount happen. Very impressed with her quick response on Easter morning. Happy Easter!

Sounds like this is coming soon.

Last edited:
Back