Spare tire

Completely agree . Indeed, many thanks to @hydbod for getting the first spare even though, I remember correctly, has never had a flat one.

That's true! you guys scared me into getting one, plus my dad is going to take the car on a few roadtrips and I don't want him to be without something. Got the spare AND a tire kit for him!

That's true! you guys scared me into getting one, plus my dad is going to take the car on a few roadtrips and I don't want him to be without something. Got the spare AND a tire kit for him!
Well, now that you're doubly protected, Murphy's law is you may never need to use them.

One quick question...does anyone know if the flat regular tire will fit in the frunk or trunk? Just wondering whether after you change it, you can cart the old one out (especially if it's something that could be repaired but also because it would seem strange to leave the other one on the side of the road.)

I do not have my car yet to be able to measure, but I will say that EZSpare recommends a tire that is as close to the same diameter as what it is temporarily replacing. The EZSpare from my experience with my '73 Mustang is narrower though. I would think it might fit where @hydbob has his in the picture, but it will be much taller. The bag it comes in is sized to fit the bigger tire so that the "mess" is contained.

It is not like those "space-saver" spares that a meant to expand to the right size.

I do not have my car yet to be able to measure, but I will say that EZSpare recommends a tire that is as close to the same diameter as what it is temporarily replacing. The EZSpare from my experience with my '73 Mustang is narrower though. I would think it might fit where @hydbob has his in the picture, but it will be much taller. The bag it comes in is sized to fit the bigger tire so that the "mess" is contained.

It is not like those "space-saver" spares that a meant to expand to the right size.
Yea I lined up the same next to my tires and they are so close in terms of total diameter. I'm 99% confident you can fit the old tire with rim into the frunk as well

Yea I lined up the same next to my tires and they are so close in terms of total diameter. I'm 99% confident you can fit the old tire with rim into the frunk as well
So if they both fit in frunk, why not just get a full size extra tire so you don’t have to worry about range or speed? I’m making a 1,000 mile trip in a month and was going to rely on the tire repair kit but rethinking my options.

You still get quite a bit of space to put things on top of the tire with the narrower width and it is easier to handle. It's all about how you want to use the space.

You still get quite a bit of space to put things on top of the tire with the narrower width and it is easier to handle. It's all about how you want to use the space.
Plus it looks like it's about $700 cheaper right?

Sorry I took the discount, my price was $20 cheaper than what they have listed on their website!

Let me send the President an email and see what she says. Hopefully, she will honor what @hydbob paid.

How about the impact of the weight of the full size tire on range? I wonder how much that would be.

How about the impact of the weight of the full size tire on range? I wonder how much that would be.

They’re only like 30-40 lbs. it’s not going to make a huge difference on a 5200lb car haha

So if they both fit in frunk, why not just get a full size extra tire so you don’t have to worry about range or speed? I’m making a 1,000 mile trip in a month and was going to rely on the tire repair kit but rethinking my options.
I agree with Pete44, full size tire would be nice, but the $1000/$1700 seems ridiculous. I was actually thinking about getting a full size tire of a different make/look so that I wouldn't have to worry about speed etc... and drive the car normally for a few days while the replacement tire came in. Looking at the threads it seems like they cannot easily fix these 21" tires due to some sort of foam inside the tires? Would be curious if anyone else has thought about this also.

The weight rating is something to consider as well. For me, living in NC, Lucid coming to fix a flat might take some time.

I agree with Pete44, full size tire would be nice, but the $1000/$1700 seems ridiculous. I was actually thinking about getting a full size tire of a different make/look so that I wouldn't have to worry about speed etc... and drive the car normally for a few days while the replacement tire came in. Looking at the threads it seems like they cannot easily fix these 21" tires due to some sort of foam inside the tires? Would be curious if anyone else has thought about this also.
If not fixable, the $1,000/$1,700 is a sunk cost anyway. Also true if plan was to get an original tire to leave at home.

Just installed to make sure it fits 👍
20220416_105556.jpg

Back