Song Recommendations to get the best out of the Air sound system!

Finally signed up for my Tidal trial and got a real chance to hear the sound system as it was meant to sound. Wife was in the car, so I pulled up some Lady Gaga.

Can’t say I’m the biggest fan of her music, but wow, her production is impressive. Great use of the soundscape. And credit where it’s due, one heck of a voice.

And the Lucid’s system is beyond impressive. Popped on some Atmos Beatles mixes this morning, and it was bliss.

Also, first thing I did when I first turned on the music was turn down the bass. (The Lucid reps must have set it up on +6 when testing, or something.)

People who say this system has no bottom end either have something wrong with their system, something wrong with their ears, or they have very different notions of what bottom should sound like than I do. And I’m a bass player.

The Tidal app, meanwhile, is not so great. Why they don’t just have an Atmos playlist right on the home screen is beyond me. And the selection of Atmos tracks leaves a bit to be desired, at least in the genres I prefer. But I have odd musical taste at times, admittedly.

I’ve found just favoriting items in the mobile app is the easiest way to get the music I want to the Air.

Favorite genre for cruising around town so far is jazz. Check out Esperanza Spalding’s “Esperanza” album. Sounds amazing, even without Atmos.

Looking forward to getting spatial audio via my iPhone eventually.

Finally signed up for my Tidal trial and got a real chance to hear the sound system as it was meant to sound. Wife was in the car, so I pulled up some Lady Gaga.

Can’t say I’m the biggest fan of her music, but wow, her production is impressive. Great use of the soundscape. And credit where it’s due, one heck of a voice.

And the Lucid’s system is beyond impressive. Popped on some Atmos Beatles mixes this morning, and it was bliss.

Also, first thing I did when I first turned on the music was turn down the bass. (The Lucid reps must have set it up on +6 when testing, or something.)

People who say this system has no bottom end either have something wrong with their system, something wrong with their ears, or they have very different notions of what bottom should sound like than I do. And I’m a bass player.

The Tidal app, meanwhile, is not so great. Why they don’t just have an Atmos playlist right on the home screen is beyond me. And the selection of Atmos tracks leaves a bit to be desired, at least in the genres I prefer. But I have odd musical taste at times, admittedly.

I’ve found just favoriting items in the mobile app is the easiest way to get the music I want to the Air.

Favorite genre for cruising around town so far is jazz. Check out Esperanza Spalding’s “Esperanza” album. Sounds amazing, even without Atmos.

Looking forward to getting spatial audio via my iPhone eventually.
If you tap the Explore (magnifying glass icon) button, scroll down a bit and you’ll see a Dolby Atmos genre.

8A144471-1231-4233-8AA2-4E6E83DF4CDE.jpeg

Just saw Tidal has Sting’s Ten Summoner’s Tales in Atmos. That album is a master class in music production.

Also, Dream of the Blue Turtles.

Just saw Tidal has Sting’s Ten Summoner’s Tales in Atmos. That album is a master class in music production.

Also, Dream of the Blue Turtles.
I just posted this here, but while you are at it, try The Police Greatest hits. Sounds so good!

I"m loving these posts folk. Hearing these classics playing in my head as I read. Keep 'em commin'.

Sound & Vision just posted their top immersive Atmos songs list:

So… how does it sound in the Lucid?

Sound & Vision just posted their top immersive Atmos songs list:

So… how does it sound in the Lucid?
For those interested, here's the playlist (except for Norah Jones - can't find Atmos or 360 for her song):

All I wanted for Christmas/Hanukkah/Festivus was Led Zeppelin in Atmos and I didn’t get it. Maybe next year? I wonder who determines what songs are encoded? Do you guys think it is partially artist driven?

I just wish Tidal/Lucid wouldn't forget the album or playlist I was listening to every time I turn off the car.

If you are new to Tidal and on the "free trial" make sure you are on Hi-Fi Plus and not just Hi-Fi.

And make sure you set the option in the Tidal settings in the actual car itself for the highest quality.

Where is this Tidal setting hiding? I can’t find it. Please help.

I listen to progrock.com on tune in.
Or maybe the newly remastered Discipline's Unfolded Like Staircase which was remastered by RUSH's Terry Brown and one of his 5 top albums.

I listen to progrock.com on tune in.
Or maybe the newly remastered Discipline's Unfolded Like Staircase which was remastered by RUSH's Terry Brown and one of his 5 top albums.
Problem is Tunein doesnt support Atmos!

Back