Song Recommendations to get the best out of the Air sound system!

Bunnylebowski

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT Black/Tahoe/19"
Ok I just gotta share this. Put Tidal into HiFi streaming, then play the song Bubbles by Yosi Horikawa. This is not in Atmos format, but you are gonna feel the music flying around your head more than most Atmos mixes, and the production quality is outstanding, covering pretty much all frequency ranges and highlights how amazing this car’s audio is. If you don’t have to pick your jaw up off the floor then you need to have your hearing examined.

Bubbles - Yosi Horikawa - @bunnylebowski
Bump - Yosi Horikawa - @bunnylebowski
The Road to Ensenada - Lyle Lovett - @hmp10
Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice - @Neurio
Moanin' - Art Blakely - @AZLucidGuy
With You Without You - Beatles - @Pete44
Linger - Cranberries - @Pete44
What's Going On - Marvin Gaye - @ctonylee
A Love Supreme - John Coltrane - @ctonylee
Live and Let Die - Guns N Roses - @RichMalden
Tamacun - Rodrigo y Gabriela - many users
Such Great Heights - Postal Service - @hydbob
Blah Blah Blah - Armin Van Buren - @borski
All of these from @copper
Young by Vallis Alps (amazing vocals)
The Magnificent Seven by The Clash (sound staging excellence)
Don't Bother None by The Seatbelts (this one is just plain fun)
My Blood by Twenty One Pilots (low bass note at 2:21)
I Know by Bayonne (another catchy fun track with some neat synths)
Rose of Jericho (Adam K & Soha Remix) by BT (very addictive baseline)
Elevate by St. Lucia (excellent combination synths and instruments)
For a Ride by Lo & Yosie (simple sound with impressive clarity)
Afterglow by Big Wild (another fun bass line)
Golden Cage by The Whitest Boy Alive (listen for the bassist)
Giorgio by Moroder by Daft Punk (listen for how Giorgio's voice changes in each section due to using different microphones)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I just gotta share this. Put Tidal into HiFi streaming, then play the song Bubbles by Yosi Horikawa. This is not in Atmos format, but you are gonna feel the music flying around your head more than most Atmos mixes, and the production quality is outstanding, covering pretty much all frequency ranges and highlights how amazing this car’s audio is. If you don’t have to pick your jaw up off the floor then you need to have your hearing examined.
Just took a listen to this, only thing missing was popping a gummy beforehand.

Okay. Bookmarked this one for when I actually get the car. Even in my far-from-perfect AirPods Pro, this mix sounds amazing. Incredible use of space, and every instrument is just perfectly clean.

Also, confirms my long-held belief that the sound of a ping pong ball hitting a table is just gloriously musical.

Maybe a separate thread for music/songs that really show off the sound system? Would be a great way to get the most out of it and hear something you might not normally listen to. Mods, what say you?

As suggested by @Maverick , please post your song recommendations for songs you feel truly showcase what the Air is capable of and why every other reservation holder should be upgraded to Dolby Sound.

1) Song title and artist
2) Equalizer settings if possible

I ask Alexa to play ‘X genre’ or simply ‘music’ in ‘Dolby atmos’ or ‘spatial audio’ and usually an interesting and satisfactory play list is generated.

I just played it on my AirPods and that is quite a psychedelic experience.

On the way home in my Air GT, I listened to:

Moanin' by Art Blakey

Tidal Dolby Atmos

I have this one on SACD at home and it sounded great in Atmos in the Air.

Amazing!
Love Art Blakey. Can’t wait to get my Air to try out Tidal.

Now download those in .flac and play. Wait, does Air support playing music saved in a phone?

I have compared Tidal hifi and bought the exact same lossless music from their online store and it sounded better than the stream.

anyone in socal willing to let me experience the difference between dolby tracks and non dolby tracks? possibly a test between same songs on different platforms, dolby vs non dolby? 😅😅

i did a test drive specifically to test the difference in quality, but since i didn't have tidal, i used spotify and amazon music unlimited via bluetooth. i made the same playlist on each: spotify default quality, and amazon music dolby atmos quality. during the test drive, i spent 10 minutes alternating and comparing songs, trying to figure out if this is worth the $2.9k difference.

i think i heard the difference? but i'm not too sure...im not an audio-head, so maybe i'm just thinking that i hear the difference. i read that using the native tidal app will pronounce the difference, even more than using tidal on your phone and connecting via bluetooth.

Bumping this thread up for people.

Adding

ICE Ice baby - Vanilla Ice thanks @Neurio

I don’t have Tidal…yet. Has anyone tried In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins?

I've cranked Live and Let Die a couple times, very nice.

Back