Song Recommendations to get the best out of the Air sound system!

You're forgiven.
That’s funny.
Can’t live without them.
Got to give USPS a shoutout, though. I mailed to myself 2 boxes of books, using media rate, on Saturday, from D.C. They were delivered Monday. That’s faster than 3 day Priority!

Young by Vallis Alps (amazing vocals)
The Magnificent Seven by The Clash (sound staging excellence)
Tamacun by Rodrigo y Gabriela (holy crap acoustic guitars sound good)
Don't Bother None by The Seatbelts (this one is just plain fun)
My Blood by Twenty One Pilots (low bass note at 2:21)
I Know by Bayonne (another catchy fun track with some neat synths)
Rose of Jericho (Adam K & Soha Remix) by BT (very addictive baseline)
Elevate by St. Lucia (excellent combination synths and instruments)
For a Ride by Lo & Yosie (simple sound with impressive clarity)
Afterglow by Big Wild (another fun bass line)
Golden Cage by The Whitest Boy Alive (listen for the bassist)
Giorgio by Moroder by Daft Punk (listen for how Giorgio's voice changes in each section due to using different microphones)

Is it USPS or UPS? I didn't know they had a band.
Haha, it’s a band called The Postal Service because back when they made it they were all remote and sent tracks to each other (on tapes and/or CDs!) via USPS.

Young by Vallis Alps (amazing vocals)
The Magnificent Seven by The Clash (sound staging excellence)
Tamacun by Rodrigo y Gabriela (holy crap acoustic guitars sound good)
Don't Bother None by The Seatbelts (this one is just plain fun)
My Blood by Twenty One Pilots (low bass note at 2:21)
I Know by Bayonne (another catchy fun track with some neat synths)
Rose of Jericho (Adam K & Soha Remix) by BT (very addictive baseline)
Elevate by St. Lucia (excellent combination synths and instruments)
For a Ride by Lo & Yosie (simple sound with impressive clarity)
Afterglow by Big Wild (another fun bass line)
Golden Cage by The Whitest Boy Alive (listen for the bassist)
Giorgio by Moroder by Daft Punk (listen for how Giorgio's voice changes in each section due to using different microphones)
Any chance you've got this saved in a playlist that can be shared? :D

I now have 749 downloaded Dolby Atmos tracks from Tidal on my Playlist. Many are albums that obviously include songs than didn't make it to the "big time" but still sound quite good. The problem I have is it always starts with the first song I downloaded and then I have to hit the "shuffle" symbol to get it to randomly play tracks. I'd like to be able to scroll through the playlist while a song is playing and pick something I want to hear next but haven't figured out exactly how to do that.

I now have 749 downloaded Dolby Atmos tracks from Tidal on my Playlist. Many are albums that obviously include songs than didn't make it to the "big time" but still sound quite good. The problem I have is it always starts with the first song I downloaded and then I have to hit the "shuffle" symbol to get it to randomly play tracks. I'd like to be able to scroll through the playlist while a song is playing and pick something I want to hear next but haven't figured out exactly how to do that.
When you say downloaded, do you mean to your phone? If you’re streaming it over Bluetooth you’re not going to get the best quality.

I don't know how these will sound in the Air, but these sound awesome in my home system which is on the higher end of high-end.

Mirror - Madison Ryann Ward - Album: Mirror
While(1<2), Pt. 2 - deadmau5 - Album: while(1<2)
Our Love Comes Back - James Blake - Album: Overgrown
Song for You - Rhye - Album: Blood
Trying - Ella Mai - Album: Heart On My Sleeve
Digging in the Dirt - Peter Gabriel - Album: Us (remastered)
Outro - Joe Marcinek Band - Album: Slink
With the Love in My Heart - Jacob Collier/Jules Buckley/Metropole Orkest - Album: Djesse Vol. 1 (Jacob Collier is a monster talent)
Lonely Town, Lonely Street - Bill Withers - Album: Still Bill
Good Feeling - Dominique Fils-Aime - - Album: Stay Tuned!
What Else - Elizabeth Shepherd - - Album: Heavy Falls The Night
Kiss the Cloud - Yello / Fifi Rong - Album: Toy (The entire Yello album "Toy" is a good listen)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Once you start playing the playlist in Tidal (not in shuffle mode), in the pilot panel under Tidal there’s what looks like a list with an arrow in the upper left corner of the list. That will open up your entire playlist then you can scroll through it. Or if it’s in shuffle mode you can do the same.

What I REALLY wish was that Tidal in the Lucid allowed you to like tracks and add them to playlists. ☹️

I had Brothers In Arms by Dire Straits come on as part of my Daily Mix the other day and thought it sounded amazing.

So today I heard the Dolby Atmos version of "Tell Me Something Good" by Rufus and Chaka Khan. Turned the volume up and the experience was immersive. Chaka Khan's vocals come up from the rear and the other vocals are all around not just from the front. Instruments are clear as possible. Sounds great especially loud!!

ATMOS version of Living On Prayer by Bon Jovi is pretty awesome! 👍

Here's a playlist with most of the songs from this thread.

Thanks for putting that together! There's some real gems in there. Forgot about Prodigy and Digital Underground. Yeah the bass in the car sucks.... my ass!

I amused myself (and probably no one else) putting together this playlist that I think shows off the Lucid's sonic abilities, some of the tracks are a bit off the deep end but there's enough sonic diversity in there with soundtrack stuff, dark stuff, broad stuff, vocal stuff, minimalist stuff, crazy stuff, that song from Breaking Bad when Gustavo goes to kill Hector Salamanca and gets blown up, and a few hefty electronic and metal bits that use ALL of the frequencies. All the songs are right for the car, especially the first one, and I challenge anyone who disagrees in hand to hand combat. None of the tracks are in Atmos, they're good enough as is.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting that together! There's some real gems in there. Forgot about Prodigy and Digital Underground. Yeah the bass in the car sucks.... my ass!

I amused myself (and probably no one else) putting together this playlist that I think shows off the Lucid's sonic abilities, some of the tracks are a bit off the deep end but there's enough sonic diversity in there with soundtrack stuff, dark stuff, broad stuff, vocal stuff, minimalist stuff, crazy stuff, that song from Breaking Bad when Gustavo goes to kill Hector Salamanca and gets blown up, and a few hefty electronic and metal bits that use ALL of the frequencies. All the songs are right for the car, especially the first one, and I challenge anyone who disagrees in hand to hand combat. None of the tracks are in Atmos, they're good enough as is.

Back