Song Recommendations to get the best out of the Air sound system!

I tried searching for this but couldn't find the answer. Should there be a dolby atmos icon when playing on Lucid through the tidal app? I've tried playing songs that are atmos and I can't tell whether it is actually playing it with atmos on as there is never an icon.

How do you know if what you are listening to via Tidal is atmos on Lucid? I have the tidal 90 day trial which includes Atmos.
Yes it will say Dolby Atmos on the upper right screen.

Thanks, any idea what I could be doing wrong? It never says that even when I ask Alexa to play a song on tidal that specifically is atmos capable.
Not on the Lucid app but on your computer or phone, select the option for, I seem to recall, Tidal Hifi Plus.

Thanks, any idea what I could be doing wrong? It never says that even when I ask Alexa to play a song on tidal that specifically is atmos capable.
You have to search in the app and there is a filter for atmos or your can search artist and the word atmos or song title and atmos. Also search doesnt always work properly because Tidals search is about is smart as a dumb dog. Once you find the atoms track you "heart" it and it will show up in Tracks in your car.

IMG_1353.jpeg

You definitely need to make sure you are set up with Tidal on "Hi Fi Plus". Then either on your computer or your iphone you can go into Tidal and set up a Playlist using the Dolby Atmos choice as shown above by MorganB. You can scroll through the various recordings and pick which ones you want on your playlist. Or you can use a prearranged playlist from Tidal after you click on the Dolby Atmos choice.

Thank you for your help. I was using Alexa to play atmos songs via Tidal which didn't work. Adding the songs manually in Tidal did the trick. Hopefully they can improve the interface over time.

When I play a Dobly playlist on Tidal and leave the car, on return the car will play the last song played but it will not have the same playlist after, and instead go to some other default playlist. Just wanted to see if anyone else gets this too?

When I play a Dobly playlist on Tidal and leave the car, on return the car will play the last song played but it will not have the same playlist after, and instead go to some other default playlist. Just wanted to see if anyone else gets this too?
I already emailed and reported this bug to Technical Support last month. You can also report it, to raise the issue again.

I already emailed and reported this bug to Technical Support last month. You can also report it, to raise the issue again.
Ok so its not just me. I do a lot of short trips so kinda annoying to have to reload the playlist all the time. Again all would be solved if they just released Android Auto already and let Apple come whenever they get it together

Is tech support [email protected] ?

Ok so its not just me. I do a lot of short trips so kinda annoying to have to reload the playlist all the time. Again all would be solved if they just released Android Auto already and let Apple come whenever they get it together

Is tech support [email protected] ?
Yes that is the correct address. The key issue is "Tidal app on Lucid does not remember the last played position in the playlist, once the car goes to sleep and wakes up." It is very annoying for me to have to find the last song played on my playlist and manually resume from there.

Got this announcement last week:
"Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker in 3D Audio with Dolby Atmos on Apple Music Classical
Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Mahler, Shostakovich – just in the first years of his tenure, chief conductor Kirill Petrenko has recorded several symphonic milestones with the Berliner Philharmoniker. Each of these highly acclaimed recordings opens up a fascinating world of sound, which you can now also enjoy with our partner Apple Music Classical – exclusively in 3D Audio with Dolby Atmos."

What is the difference between songs listed as Dolby Atmos, TIDAL Masters and 360 Reality Audio?

What is the difference between songs listed as Dolby Atmos, TIDAL Masters and 360 Reality Audio?
Tidal Masters is a gimmick.

Got this announcement last week:
"Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker in 3D Audio with Dolby Atmos on Apple Music Classical
Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Mahler, Shostakovich – just in the first years of his tenure, chief conductor Kirill Petrenko has recorded several symphonic milestones with the Berliner Philharmoniker. Each of these highly acclaimed recordings opens up a fascinating world of sound, which you can now also enjoy with our partner Apple Music Classical – exclusively in 3D Audio with Dolby Atmos."
Hopefully we will be able to enjoy Apple Music with Atmos in our Lucid some day.

By way of occupational hazard, I’ve lost 35% of my hearing my left ear, and about 10% in my right. I can’t tell any difference, between any of the above and Spotify, Amazon, Apple Music or iHeart radio. I’m at a loss.

I've got one, or two recomendations.
Warning, fantastic base guitar which may destroy your speakers :)

Dolby Atmos is a minimum 7.1.4 channel surround sound format. Tidal Master is a high resolution two channel stereo streaming format competitive with WAV, FLAC and AAC which support high resolution audio of 24bit/96khz or higher, and is supposedly lossless but with smaller file sizes to accommodate streaming bandwidths. 360 Reality Audio is Sony’s proprietary multichannel audio format competing with Dolby Atmos, but is more geared towards headphones in which a virtual mix is created simulating speaker locations, and secondarily can play back multichannel audio over speakers on compatible home theater systems. Apple Music Spatial audio takes a 7.1.4 mix like Dolby Atmos and converts that to a headphone compatible mix in which the speaker locations are simulated similar to 360 Reality Audio.

You can find more details about Atmos and audio in the car in the FAQ section here: https://www.lucidupdates.com/faq.html

Dolby Atmos is a minimum 7.1.4 channel surround sound format. Tidal Master is a high resolution two channel stereo streaming format competitive with WAV, FLAC and AAC which support high resolution audio of 24bit/96khz or higher, and is supposedly lossless but with smaller file sizes to accommodate streaming bandwidths. 360 Reality Audio is Sony’s proprietary multichannel audio format competing with Dolby Atmos, but is more geared towards headphones in which a virtual mix is created simulating speaker locations, and secondarily can play back multichannel audio over speakers on compatible home theater systems. Apple Music Spatial audio takes a 7.1.4 mix like Dolby Atmos and converts that to a headphone compatible mix in which the speaker locations are simulated similar to 360 Reality Audio.

You can find more details about Atmos and audio in the car in the FAQ section here: https://www.lucidupdates.com/faq.html
Thank you for the information!

Back