Song Recommendations to get the best out of the Air sound system!

On a mellower, slightly narcotising but very pleasant vein, Diana Krall’s “The Look Of Love” and “Besame Mucho” sounds very rich. Almost symphonic.

Oh man the Atmos mix of DEVO’s Whip It is incredible. It’s perfectly engineered to highlight what Atmos can do.
Insanely good. Really shows off the Lucid system overall. But yes, actual smart use of the various channels. Whoever did this mix should teach others how to do Atmos for music well.

Using the Lucid tidal interface is there a way to add songs to a playlist?

Using the Lucid tidal interface is there a way to add songs to a playlist?
Unfortunately no. It’s a feature I’ve requested. CarPlay doesn’t allow it either but at least you can click the heart icon which puts it in your liked songs, Lucid doesn’t do that.

Insanely good. Really shows off the Lucid system overall. But yes, actual smart use of the various channels. Whoever did this mix should teach others how to do Atmos for music well.
Yeah it’s like they stacked the synths and split them in such a way where it sounds like you’re inside the keyboard, and you can clearly hear the delineation with the high frequency parts in the height channels with the low mids of the synth enveloping the whole cabin. Love it. I bet Mark Mothersbaugh mixed it himself, he’s super savvy.

Oh man the Atmos mix of DEVO’s Whip It is incredible. It’s perfectly engineered to highlight what Atmos can do.

So, I listened to that song by the guys with the red plastic head thingies . What a hoot!!

I'm a layman at best, so bear with me on the terminology. On some atmos tracks the sounds that are sent to some of the rear channels are almost inaudible from the driver's seat. It's really frustrating when it's vocals or a particular guitar riff, etc. I haven't messed with the balance at all, but I don't think we can with atmos, right? Is there anything I can do to correct this, or is this just poor mixing and/or a limitation of atmos vs. stereo? It's not a problem with the system, because I've tried resetting and it's the same songs every time. Thanks!

I'm a layman at best, so bear with me on the terminology. On some atmos tracks the sounds that are sent to some of the rear channels are almost inaudible from the driver's seat. It's really frustrating when it's vocals or a particular guitar riff, etc. I haven't messed with the balance at all, but I don't think we can with atmos, right? Is there anything I can do to correct this, or is this just poor mixing and/or a limitation of atmos vs. stereo? It's not a problem with the system, because I've tried resetting and it's the same songs every time. Thanks!

It’s the way Atmos is encoded. In Atmos based tracks you cannot change the equalizer to change speaker orientation.
I have noticed very occasional tracks sound weaker than others, but it is rare. If many of your tracks are somewhat inaudible in Atmos you could potentially have a system problem. Listen to Mediate by INXS ( thanks Bunnylebowski ), Whip it by Devo or The Motto by Tiesto. If these don’t blow you away I would check your system.

The culprit seems to be the driver’s seat headrest. It blocks a lot of sound from the left rear of the car. I jumped into the back seat and leaned forward, centering myself in the cabin, and it sounded amazing. If only I could do that at 75mph on the highway! 😕

The culprit seems to be the driver’s seat headrest. It blocks a lot of sound from the left rear of the car. I jumped into the back seat and leaned forward, centering myself in the cabin, and it sounded amazing. If only I could do that at 75mph on the highway! 😕

Of course , if it was a Tesla you could perform that trick without endangering yourself or anyone else on the road.😜😜

Songs I have found that sound incredible and really shine in ATMOS ( please dont judge my musical taste haha)

Charlie Puth That's Hilarious

Charlie Puth Light Switch

And a KPop title: NewJeans Cookie

I tried, but I just can’t relate no matter how good the sound quality is. I had to go listen to The Police just to rinse the sound out. 😂

Seriously though, I defy anyone to listen to this with the volume up and say that SSP isn’t awesome.

Guess I was enjoying that Fiction Plane album over USB a little too much yesterday.

Attachments

• 60D84368-C1F0-4A64-9863-9706AB012C51.png
    60D84368-C1F0-4A64-9863-9706AB012C51.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 71
I tried searching for this but couldn't find the answer. Should there be a dolby atmos icon when playing on Lucid through the tidal app? I've tried playing songs that are atmos and I can't tell whether it is actually playing it with atmos on as there is never an icon.

How do you know if what you are listening to via Tidal is atmos on Lucid? I have the tidal 90 day trial which includes Atmos.

Back