Song Recommendations to get the best out of the Air sound system!

I just put together a few test tracks in Atmos to test the system with a few subwoofer tracks. https://tidal.com/playlist/4c101bba-c6da-4d66-b3da-e0191294aee9

With these tracks, it feels like the soundstage is narrow in the front and the bass is weaker than I would have guessed. However, the bass sounds fine on the later tracks.

Of course, if you really want to test the bass, there’s this classic.

I just put together a few test tracks in Atmos to test the system with a few subwoofer tracks. https://tidal.com/playlist/4c101bba-c6da-4d66-b3da-e0191294aee9

With these tracks, it feels like the soundstage is narrow in the front and the bass is weaker than I would have guessed. However, the bass sounds fine on the later tracks.

I personally have noticed a large variation in bass , depending on the song. Thanks for providing this. Curious to check it out.

I personally have noticed a large variation in bass , depending on the song. Thanks for providing this. Curious to check it out.
According to @bunnylebowski then those atmos tracks that seem to be lacking bass are playing true and the bass was not more bass the song had was not the true intention of the artist then, yes?

According to @bunnylebowski then those atmos tracks that seem to be lacking bass are playing true and the bass was not more bass the song had was not the true intention of the artist then, yes?
I have a banging sound system at home. Atmos sounds incredible, yes. But so does everything else.

Even my record player sounds amazing hooked up to those speakers. Not being able to represent the bass is a problem.

Like objective tests have shown, the speakers are actually really great. So I'm thinking that some of us just have systems that aren't fully working. That's why the rest are puzzled by why some people don't like the system in the car. (That sentence is an ugly word soup but I'm on mobile and not at home 🙃)

Yes, I believe that is completely correct.
On tracks that aren’t as heavy on bass, I still enjoy them. The difference is noticeable , and they are likely playing the way intended.
I personally have readjusted my listening expectations. On less bass heavy tracks, I find the notes much crisper than I had previously appreciated, etc.

I really enjoy the system and spend many unnecessary miles driving just to listen to one more song.

Funny my home setup is inferior to what the lucid can do, so yeah I don’t go nuts with the audiophile stuff anymore.
What's funny is, I'm in the process of wiring my new home theater system, 6000F RP-II 7.1.2 surround with 2 dolby height speakers (obviously they're still boxed up, just set the 3.1 up for now to test)
You can't see the 15inch sub to the side SPL15, and new LG C2 77" OLED display

Whole system, probably 8.5k or so or $9.5k if you include the fireplace TV stand from Costco
1667344810394.png

What's funny is, I'm in the process of wiring my new home theater system, 6000F RP-II 7.1.2 surround with 2 dolby height speakers (obviously they're still boxed up, just set the 3.1 up for now to test)
You can't see the 15inch sub to the side SPL15, and new LG C2 77" OLED display

Whole system, probably 8.5k or so or $9.5k if you include the fireplace TV stand from Costco
View attachment 6274
1667345546544.png

here's the unfinished pieces 🥸

And for headphones, I'm Sennheiser all the way, so if Lucid sounds like Sennheiser (neutral and centered), I am SUPER EXCITED!

Still wish they would give us a better equalizer with more frequency adjustments and a subwoofer separate adjustment because this system is still lacking on the low end. For a $4000 option I really expected better.

Still wish they would give us a better equalizer with more frequency adjustments and a subwoofer separate adjustment because this system is still lacking on the low end. For a $4000 option I really expected better.
It is better for some and not for others. Tis the way of sound systems, very subjective. Though, I do agree that more settings would be better! Then @copper could come and tell me how to set my system up...again.

Back