Song Recommendations to get the best out of the Air sound system!

Try the Key Card reset.

1) exit car
2) place key card above or below camera (can't remember) to lock car
3) Make sure all fobs/phones/keys are away from car for 15 minutes
4) return and unlock like normal
5) see if bass returns
6) profit
Thanks, that worked!

I took a leap and got Tidal for my Sony WH-1000XM5 while I wait for delivery. The first song I could tell the difference between Spotify Very High and Tidal Master was A Case of You by Joni Mitchell. The instrumental part is much brighter and natural sounding than the lower quality versions.

While not an audiophile, I will keep going through my 1800+ Spotify songs and post the planned playlist for delivery day to cover a variety of genres.

Thanks, that worked!

Every time you turn off the car, the whole audio system gets reset; The steps you did above absolutely do not reset anything in any different fashion.

The fact that your audio sounds better is purely coincidental.

I would call service....

Every time you turn off the car, the whole audio system gets reset; The steps you did above absolutely do not reset anything in any different fashion.

I would call service....
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. If the software didn’t properly boot up and the connection, say, to the bass in the DSP failed to properly load, a reboot would fix that and cause the audio to sound better. I’ve had the bass drop exactly once, and it has never happened since then. Unless it recurs, there’s nothing service will be able to do.

I would call service....
Has never happened again.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. If the software didn’t properly boot up and the connection, say, to the bass in the DSP failed to properly load, a reboot would fix that and cause the audio to sound better. I’ve had the bass drop exactly once, and it has never happened since then. Unless it recurs, there’s nothing service will be able to do.
What's that setting again +6 0 -2

The current car 1.x.x SW "reboots" every time the car shuts down.... just walk away and let the doors lock.

The key card lock does not do anything differently.

And, 15 minutes makes no difference; If you want to know when the car is fully shutdown, put on the turn signal before you get out, and then wait for it to go off after the door locks/mirrors fold.

The current car 1.x.x SW "reboots" every time the car shuts down.... just walk away and let the doors lock.

The key card lock does not do anything differently.

And, 15 minutes makes no difference; If you want to know when the car is fully shutdown, put on the turn signal before you get out, and then wait for it to go off after the door locks/mirrors fold.
Agreed. That doesn't make it 'coincidental' that the bass came back though; it means it was an intermittent software issue.

Riders On The Storm (ATMOS) by The Doors

This has be one of THE best ATMOS songs. You can literally hear and feel rain drops above you even outside has stopped raining. And the sound of thunder feels so real from above left to right tearing.

It’s literally raining where I am driving now. The rain has stopped, but this song fooled me thinking rain is still going.

Riders On The Storm (ATMOS) by The Doors

This has be one of THE best ATMOS songs. You can literally hear and feel rain drops above you even outside has stopped raining. And the sound of thunder feels so real from above left to right tearing.

It’s literally raining where I am driving now. The rain has stopped, but this song fooled me thinking rain is still going.
Crazy, isn’t it?

I find the audio sounds very nice! But I feel the volume is low and the bass is very low. I even tried to +6, 0 +2 referred to earlier. If I want to jam out, I have to put the volume to 9.5 out of 10. In every other car I had, if I went to 7, it would be ear-splitting.

I find the audio sounds very nice! But I feel the volume is low and the bass is very low. I even tried to +6, 0 +2 referred to earlier. If I want to jam out, I have to put the volume to 9.5 out of 10. In every other car I had, if I went to 7, it would be ear-splitting.
I agree that the system is not particularly loud, but I personally could not listen if it was turned all the way up. If I am about 60-70 percent it’s plenty loud. Perhaps give service a call if your volume isn’t adequate.
You likely already have a Tidal subscription.
With Atmos, I find some songs much louder than others. If you haven’t experimented yet, make an Atmos playlist, you won’t want to get out of the car😉😉😉

With Atmos, I find some songs much louder than others. If you haven’t experimented yet, make an Atmos playlist, you won’t want to get out of the car😉😉😉
How does one create a ATMOS playlist?

How does one create a ATMOS playlist?
I think the following will work.

Go to Tidal app on phone;
Put Dolby Atmos in search bar
Click on playlists ( numerous choices will be present )
Press o song you like
Press on 3 dots right hand side above song
Press add to playlist.

This is the general method I use on my phone; you may need to make modifications.

Only certain songs are available in Atmos, but I learned to really like songs that I never did previously because they are in Atmos.

The Tidal app isn’t perfect ; you may have to mess with it for a bit.

I think the following will work.

Go to Tidal app on phone;
Put Dolby Atmos in search bar
Click on playlists ( numerous choices will be present )
Press o song you like
Press on 3 dots right hand side above song
Press add to playlist.

This is the general method I use on my phone; you may need to make modifications.

Only certain songs are available in Atmos, but I learned to really like songs that I never did previously because they are in Atmos.

The Tidal app isn’t perfect ; you may have to mess with it for a bit.
There are also prebuilt Atmos playlists. Within the Tidal app, if you hit the bottom-middle Search icon, then scroll down a bit when on the Explore pane, then tap Dolby Atmos, you’ll find lots of tracks, albums, and playlists that are mastered or encoded in Atmos. You can hit the “heart” icon on any of them to have them show up in “My Collection” > Playlists in the car.

Attachments

• B8C69568-F791-4A8F-A602-505390C4D4DE.png
    B8C69568-F791-4A8F-A602-505390C4D4DE.png
    304.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 803A7B13-EEC2-4AC5-B8ED-509FCB0A54C6.png
    803A7B13-EEC2-4AC5-B8ED-509FCB0A54C6.png
    279.5 KB · Views: 75
  • F9CCE8CA-5280-438E-8B1B-7A33AF08452A.png
    F9CCE8CA-5280-438E-8B1B-7A33AF08452A.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
There are also prebuilt Atmos playlists. Within the Tidal app, if you hit the bottom-middle Search icon, then scroll down a bit when on the Explore pane, then tap Dolby Atmos, you’ll find lots of tracks, albums, and playlists that are mastered or encoded in Atmos. You can hit the “heart” icon on any of them to have them show up in “My Collection” > Playlists in the car.
That method is better.😉

Back