Some early details of the tri-motor version & more ...

Grnr92663

Cars
Touring + R1S
Don't ask me where I got them ... since I can't recall :). Very clean design

VutPn0g.jpg

IO2pCzC.jpg

nigk4xA.jpg

iRSQYSt.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Joe
Interesting! MotorTrend said it would be 1,400hp, which is absolutely batshit (And I want it).

That much power might prove to be too much for the current suspension and tires. It is extremely well sorted, but keeping that kind of torque productive in a turn is iffy.

Still want it though.

The extra motor and hardware to mount are at least 200 lbs. Add another 50/ 75 lbs for heavier suspension and wider tires and I’m betting 1500 hp to really make a significant difference between this beast and the Dream P. Why go through all that trouble and expense for something marginally faster when you can have something that will eat plaids? I’m also betting range will take a hit, maybe down to near 400 miles if they are using the big battery. You also will be able to program torque vectoring to deal with the extra power coming out of turns

Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Service, told me that the chassis was actually engineered to take four motors, but that three would be the maximum for the sedan. So . . . four for the Gravity? A pickup truck?

The current Air has an almost perfect 50/50 weight distribution, while the tri-motor Plaid has a 46/54 weight split. As the Lucid drive units weigh considerably less than Tesla's (and the Air starts out as a significantly heavier car), perhaps there won't be as much rear weight bias in the tri-motor Air as in the Plaid. I find our Air better planted under hard acceleration and more balanced in turns and quick lane changes than our Plaid and hope Lucid doesn't lose that sense of balance and precision.

Biggest snub would be to turn this into a roadster, take out 3 modules to lighten it up, maybe get the CD down, who wouldn't buy a 400 mile 1500 hp roadster?

. . . who wouldn't buy a 400 mile 1500 hp roadster?

Maybe all the people who have had $50,000-250,000 of their money tied up in roadster deposits with Tesla since 2017 . . . ?

Maybe all the people who have had $50,000-250,000 of their money tied up in roadster deposits with Tesla since 2017 . . . ?
They would never consider a non Tesla anyways

I would buy a Lucid convertible in a minute. And unlike Tesla, removing or putting up its roof will likely not require manual labor.

Yeah if they made a roadster I’d probably reserve it the same day, to be honest.

How much would it sell for? Hard to believe that it would be more than the $169K for a DE. So, are we wasting our money buying one now? And YES, I want the tri-motor! More than I want my DE.

How much would it sell for? Hard to believe that it would be more than the $169K for a DE. So, are we wasting our money buying one now? And YES, I want the tri-motor! More than I want my DE.

I would be incredibly surprised if it launches before the Gravity is done being produced, so you can always hang out with the DE for now, sell it later (at a solid price because it's limited edition and numbered), and then get the tri-motor later, if it's released. :) At least, that's my plan, haha.

Biggest snub would be to turn this into a roadster, take out 3 modules to lighten it up, maybe get the CD down, who wouldn't buy a 400 mile 1500 hp roadster?
Or, give it a lift gate, some tasteful “cladding”, air suspension and slightly higher ride height.

Throw some shade at Porsche for the best looking wagon ever with the shittiest range ever.

Tri-motor will probably aim for the new S63E which should be close to $200k, along with the top-flight Bentley GT.

Back