No more rentals?

Spin Doctor

Verified Owner
Cars
'22 AGT, '93 968
Referral Code
NM5ZS2NA
Just got off the 'phone with the new guy at Tysons. Car is (finally) booked in mid-April to look at my trunk issues and a few other things.

Got told the may or may not have a loaner available, which is fair enough this far out. I was also then told that they don't do rentals any more, instead they'll provide uber credits to get me home and back to collect the car.

I don't like to complain - I'm very much a supporter of Lucid and want them to succeed - but this is pretty disappointing. And it could get quite expensive quite quickly, if they need to keep the car for any length of time.

Grrrr.

Just got off the 'phone with the new guy at Tysons. Car is (finally) booked in mid-April to look at my trunk issues and a few other things.

Got told the may or may not have a loaner available, which is fair enough this far out. I was also then told that they don't do rentals any more, instead they'll provide uber credits to get me home and back to collect the car.

I don't like to complain - I'm very much a supporter of Lucid and want them to succeed - but this is pretty disappointing. And it could get quite expensive quite quickly, if they need to keep the car for any length of time.

Grrrr.
They have made this choice on and off for the past few years; last time it was because their contract with Hertz was ending and they hadn’t set up a new one yet.

I would escalate this to the manager and confirm whether this is actually new policy or not.

Grrrr.

Thank you for sharing. There has been no change in policy. Depending upon the repair in question, Lucid owners may be offered a loaner, a daily rental or a rideshare credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back