Software question

In part I understand your explanation but previous software versions did not do this. I can not say exact version where this was not occurring I am guessing some where between 1.1.2-1.1.4. I am currently on 1.2.1. Frankly the boot up of the UI is terrible plus if what you are saying is the software design then it sucks. It should show the rear camera view in reverse and when shifted to drive the camera should show front view just like my amg gt, 488 and GL63. Even my wife’s Volvo does this. I can not believe this is endemic to EV vehicles. This is poor software coding with a lack of understanding what customers have been accustomed to.
I believe that when they can get the ADAS system loaded faster, then this will no longer be an issue, but until then that's the direction they have taken and I doubt there is a fix for this particular behavior until that ADAS coding is set. But, have your reported this issue to service to get an official response?

I believe that when they can get the ADAS system loaded faster, then this will no longer be an issue, but until then that's the direction they have taken and I doubt there is a fix for this particular behavior until that ADAS coding is set. But, have your reported this issue to service to get an official response?
Yes I have. Their response this is normal which follows the line of thinking “ this is the way it is and your going to like it!”. I got my car in December and I have been in manufacturing all my working life and fortunate enough to have my own company and understand new product release dilemmas. And growing pains. Having said that this has gone from the sublime to the absurd. I will say the car has many phenomenal attributes but this is committing suicide by a thousand paper cuts.

YMMV when it comes to answers on this as you can tell but for me the following works reliably:

Lock/unlock
Radio
Spotify streaming
Nav
All drive modes
Climate control
Seat adjustments
Mirror adjustments
Backup camera
Surround camera
ADAS functions
I think the software is way short of the mark at this point. There are so many issues it would take too long to name them, but generally, slow response times and often no response which requires repeated attempts. They’ll get it fixed but I would slow down deliveries if I were them until it gets better. They’re a public company and investors will crush the stock if this reaches the general business news

I think the software is way short of the mark at this point. There are so many issues it would take too long to name them, but generally, slow response times and often no response which requires repeated attempts. They’ll get it fixed but I would slow down deliveries if I were them until it gets better. They’re a public company and investors will crush the stock if this reaches the general business news
After 750 miles in my DE, I am on the verge of agreeing with this. However, I will point out that the software is improving, albeit slowly and incrementally. We are only a few months and a few hundred cars into production (I have DE#305). Boot times have improved. You get used to the way it works, learn to “wake” the car before you head out, learn to hit the brake immediately before anything else (which triggers the boot-up of all systems). Having said that, your premise is correct that Lucid will struggle to sell cars in volume if they don’t get this fixed within the next 1-2 months. The general car-buying public simply won’t accept this kind of basic functionality flaw. I don’t know much about software, but I can’t help but think this is a hardware issue rather than something that can be fixed OTA…

I may not have driven the car in enough situations, but apart from a few glitchy Alexa experiences, I'm not really experiencing anything that would cause investors to "crush the stock." Sure, I wish things booted up more quickly, and as this is my first EV, I'm just really accustomed to carrying a physical "key" (i.e. fob). There are also user experience items that I would improve on. But I can make calls, use the maps, all of the screens on the pilot panel that I have used have acted as expected. Again, definite need for improvement, and if investors were banking on a revolutionary Dream Drive Pro anytime in the next 1-2 years, sure that could be a stock problem. I've had the car for only 2 weeks, but I do have 1000 miles on it and a trip to LA (where most of the 1000 miles came from). As I've said before, I've never owned an S class or a Taycan or anything within about $80k of the cost of this car, so my expectations may be lower. But I certainly wouldn't stop producing cars to get the software right because if the Pure drives half as good as the GT, the stock will do very well.

I do have expectations of the Air being comparable to other Luxury brands or at a minimum my 2018 Honda. However, despite almost no UI improvements since launch (the software is becoming more stable and predictable) and only a marginally faster boot time, I would not slow production or deliveries. Most early adopters will be tolerant of the software as long as it works as expected, even when as expected is not very good. I have not had a freeze with the latest version and consistency is much improved. I am using the car as a daily driver.

I do have expectations of the Air being comparable to other Luxury brands or at a minimum my 2018 Honda. However, despite almost no UI improvements since launch (the software is becoming more stable and predictable) and only a marginally faster boot time, I would not slow production or deliveries. Most early adopters will be tolerant of the software as long as it works as expected, even when as expected is not very good. I have not had a freeze with the latest version and consistency is much improved. I am using the car as a daily driver.
As others have already commented the boot up time for me is a non-issue. It is reasonably quick for me to get underway and I don't know what all the fuss is really about. I do wish closing the garage door after exiting didn't require so many pushes; so I am keeping the original "clicker" in the console to get around that negative. I don't really care about self driving at all; I bought this car to drive it!! ACC works just fine for the long freeway drives. Tidal could certainly be better although when it works right the Dolby Atmos is fantastic. Hopefully we get CarPlay soon and then I can dump Tidal and just use Apple Music for better Dolby Atmos selections. Overall I am very happy I bought this car!!

As others have already commented the boot up time for me is a non-issue. It is reasonably quick for me to get underway and I don't know what all the fuss is really about. I do wish closing the garage door after exiting didn't require so many pushes; so I am keeping the original "clicker" in the console to get around that negative. I don't really care about self driving at all; I bought this car to drive it!! ACC works just fine for the long freeway drives. Tidal could certainly be better although when it works right the Dolby Atmos is fantastic. Hopefully we get CarPlay soon and then I can dump Tidal and just use Apple Music for better Dolby Atmos selections. Overall I am very happy I bought this car!!
The boot time does frequently bug me. 10 seconds should be a goal for everything working in my opinion. With a decent car play implementation and an easy UI improvement to homelink. I can live with the slow boot.

Back