Android phone users: what would it take to make you basically satisfied with the Air's software?

I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that you are strictly asking about what features I want that Android Auto will bring to the table. For me, Google Maps will be the big number one for local travel, followed way behind by the ability to play other music sources, such as Pandora. That's it.
I'm mostly with you on that but would add Hey Google to add back a lot of what Alexa did that wasn't car related, such as opening and closing the garage door.

The other big advantage, not specifically related to Lucid, is that if you ever rent a car with AA, there won't be a learning curve.

Without AA, you can still use your phone to some extent, but it can be awkward. If you set the audio source to Bluetooth, then if the phone is within listening distance it will understand commands. But you won't be able to use other audio sources . If you don't have the audio source set to Bluetooth, the phone might still understand your commands but you won't hear an answer. So if you tell it to open the garage door and are willing to guess when it asks for your PIN and say it, and are willing to go without a confirmation, it might work for you. I would not consider it practical.

Regardless, you should expect to have AA before December 21st at midnight. But expectations are not guaranteed.

Back