Software Bugs

Bugs you have experienced

• Total voters
I ran into quite a number of bugs today for the first time. when i reversed the car out of the garage today, it made a loud noise with red stop sign and braked suddenly. My wife was standing there and she thought i braked it for some reason. She was not standing right behind the car though. She was towards the right and i was backing out to the left. She did not see anything behind the car that would've caused this and i did not see anything in the back camera.

On the way back home, it started to drizzle here and both side cameras stopped working. i.e, it no longer showed the blind spot for both left and right signals.

Once i got home the surround parking (360°) was unavailable along with the back camera view. once i parked and put it into reverse again, the back camera view showed up but the surround camera was still unavailable.
Might have been the cross traffic alert that caused the stop. It has a very large field of view- two car widths on either side of you.

This is a new one. I think they just forgot about it when they moved the buttons around.
You're right, it's a new one. It only recently started happening. Didn't happen when I first got the car in November.

Today my wipers didn’t work well in auto mode. I tried both high and low modes and it worked for a few wipes but then it wouldn’t resume at all. I ended up pushing the button every few seconds.

Today my wipers didn’t work well in auto mode. I tried both high and low modes and it worked for a few wipes but then it wouldn’t resume at all. I ended up pushing the button every few seconds.
Did you try using either the manual low or manual high mode?

I had this happen also. Noticed it on Friday and continued Saturday. They would work a couple of times and then just stop even though the rain was coming down hard enough that you couldn’t see much after a few seconds. Had to use the manual mode.

Today though, auto mode worked flawlessly.

how do you do that? i'm not aware of manual low/high mode and i can't find anything in the manual about it
On the left cockpit panel, there are four wiper buttons. Auto Lo, Auto Hi, Manual Lo, and Manual Hi. The icons for the last two aren't very obvious, but that's what they do.

On the left cockpit panel, there are four wiper buttons. Auto Lo, Auto Hi, Manual Lo, and Manual Hi. The icons for the last two aren't very obvious, but that's what they do.
hah thanks. i had to look up the user interface in the manual. for some reason i thought they were unimplemented icons/placeholders for future. strange that they don't mention about it in the wiper section of the online manual (Page. 77).

I just got a new one… the parts of the Home Screen (the one with the car showing) are unresponsive… but not when I switch to climate/settings/surround view.

Mainly the top part of the screen, meaning I can’t get into openings/seats/massage/themes etc

It happened last week but then I downloaded the latest update and it was fine, but now happening again. I tried a soft reset.

I just got a new one… the parts of the Home Screen (the one with the car showing) are unresponsive… but not when I switch to climate/settings/surround view.

Mainly the top part of the screen, meaning I can’t get into openings/seats/massage/themes etc

It happened last week but then I downloaded the latest update and it was fine, but now happening again. I tried a soft reset.
Bobby reset

Once again, we got into the car this evening to head out for dinner, only to find that no audio features in the car were working: no audio response from Alexa, no audio on cell phone calls, no turn signal sounds . . . . We were on a tight schedule and didn't have time to get out of the car and sit through a reboot. And it's ridiculous in any case to expect owners to do this so often.

When, oh when will these very basic things start functioning reliably in this car?

Once again, we got into the car this evening to head out for dinner, only to find that no audio features in the car were working: no audio response from Alexa, no audio on cell phone calls, no turn signal sounds . . . . We were on a tight schedule and didn't have time to get out of the car and sit through a reboot. And it's ridiculous in any case to expect owners to do this so often.

When, oh when will these very basic things start functioning reliably in this car?
Try these:
1. switch bluetooth off (the car one not your phone) and back on
2. Bobby reset.
Please report back if either worked.

I hear you! I’ve this issue happen numerous times in the last few weeks. I just put up with it and it usually resolves itself next time I get in the car.

. . . it usually resolves itself next time I get in the car.

Same here. But the question still remains: why, more than a year after this car hit the market, do we still have either to reset/reboot the car constantly or have to drive it until the next stop with basic features not operating?

This software platform needs to be debugged and stabilized before any new features are added to it. When every update comes with a new set of bugs, Lucid gains little credit for the new feature(s) and instead deepens the frustration of owners who've been putting up with this a year or more.

Same here. But the question still remains: why, more than a year after this car hit the market, do we still have either to reset/reboot the car constantly or have to drive it until the next stop with basic features not operating?
I agree, it’s ridiculous! It’s also becoming frustrating when you report issues to CS that you just get a “reset the car” response.

Then to make matters worse it’s the most ridiculous reset method also. If the car needs to be reset this often the least Lucid could’ve done is change the reset process so you could do it inside the car.

Back