Software Bugs

Bugs you have experienced

• Total voters
lost right screen and pilot panel = replaced video module behind glove box, which can not be opened without video module...an all day repair but fixed. Probably be a 10 minute job if the glove box had a mechanical latch. Isn't that why the doors have mechanical override?

brake system failure / drive system failure. "fixed" with resets but comes right back. logs sent to Lucid. awaiting news.

2.0.36 update shows as 2.0.35

Homelink stored first garage door signal but refuses the second.

I have not had the car long enough to use the audio, cruse control, navigation, AC, ... pretty much anything other than basic car operation. Have no idea if any of it works or no. Right now I'm just groking (that's another boomer reference).

If I were in Lucid management and saw the number of people who aren't interested in reading the manual, speculate wildly about how things work, or have difficulty even figuring out where to put their post to avoid duplicates, I'd not want to have them adding entries in my tracking system!
I always study the owner's manuals of the cars I own, up until Mercedes. I was never able to find their digital owner's manual (I think they want $280 / month for access), so I resorted to you tube videos. I guess you guys sit on the crapper with your phones? Mostly I have found car controls to be pretty intuitive. But the (pardon the expression) "logic" and reasoning in the digital age makes no sense to me, and that's why I hate my phone. The screen is full of icons I will never dare press. Why? Please give me a large book user manual with every new tech... I will pay to have something I can flip through, dog-ear, and mark-up.

With this car it took me a week to figure out the key fob. Finally (after I was shamed here) I did look up the key fob in the paper "user manual". Woah...every assumption I made, intuitively, was wrong. I marked it up in red ink, crossing out the bad and re-writing it extensively. The very first line should be: "Ignore every marking on the key fob, if you can see them at all (you can not)." The second should be the instructions to replace the dead battery. The third should be "Every time you go near your car the phone app that you forgot you left on will wake up the car, after a delay, so you never associate the waking up with the phone in your pocket. "

I still have reading the pdf manual on my list ... but it's so tedious. 100% agree with every point. I have committed every one of those sins. You don't want me editing any manuals. I used to write process instructions for my lab partners. Smart, technical people very familar with the subject. Bunch of morons. "Just do it exactly as it's written!" It's impossible to write a manual that even an expert can follow and understand, let alone one of us. Go ahead, I dare you, using just the manual, to find and expose the secret 12v battery access panel. Told you.

I know I'm wrong though. You can't write a paper user manual for a vehicle that is constantly evolving digitally. Duh.

Last edited:
With this car it took me a week to figure out the key fob. Finally (after I was shamed here) I did look up the key fob in the paper "user manual".
I hope you didn’t feel shamed!

Tapping the card on the roof should have eliminated the need for a pin.
if asking for pin to drive is a security feature, doesn't it defeat the purpose of this feature if someone could bypass by tapping on the roof where microphone is?

if asking for pin to drive is a security feature, doesn't it defeat the purpose of this feature if someone could bypass by tapping on the roof where microphone is?
Lucid has a very odd idea of what the “valet” card should be. No idea what they were thinking, in terms of how that card works.

In my mind, that card should be a backup for your fob or phone. Full stop. No pin, etc. If you have that card, you are you, with full access. No pin needed.

Hoping eventually they create a proper “Valet Mode” that you can then set, where it would allow you to place limits on access to the frunk and trunk. Limit to smooth with a top speed, etc. And you’d be able to drive it without the pin, but not deactivate the mode limits without the pin. Then you can hand a valet your fob or the card. That’s basically what Tesla did. And this is one of those rare instances where I just want Lucid to copy them.

Lucid has a very odd idea of what the “valet” card should be. No idea what they were thinking, in terms of how that card works.

In my mind, that card should be a backup for your fob or phone. Full stop. No pin, etc. If you have that card, you are you, with full access. No pin needed.

Hoping eventually they create a proper “Valet Mode” that you can then set, where it would allow you to place limits on access to the frunk and trunk. Limit to smooth with a top speed, etc. And you’d be able to drive it without the pin, but not deactivate the mode limits without the pin. Then you can hand a valet your fob or the card. That’s basically what Tesla did. And this is one of those rare instances where I just want Lucid to copy them.
yea i suppose that's their long term goal.

Had a few issues a couple of days after updating to .36 (which shows .35). On a 90 minute drive the car kept turning the A/C off and randomly moving the side mirror positions (by a lot). Driving at 80 mph with side mirrors showing the asphalt was a tad distracting. I put car into DreamDrive to take my eyes off the road to readjust the mirror (always saving to profile) and turning on A/C. This happened about every 5 minutes. Once I reached my destination, I reset the car and all working correctly. Very strange.

I will admit that I am not from a cold climate. I have used seat heat couple of times on low and it was warm enough that it made me wonder if medium or high would burn my butt. I think the high to medium is an intentional feature.
The manal states that first press will give it high (3 bars), 2nd press medium, 3rd press low and 4th off. I couldn't find anywhere that states the high or 3 bar setting is a boost and deselects to medium after a given set time or temp. Can anyone help me locate that before I start bugging CS? Thanks.

The manal states that first press will give it high (3 bars), 2nd press medium, 3rd press low and 4th off. I couldn't find anywhere that states the high or 3 bar setting is a boost and deselects to medium after a given set time or temp. Can anyone help me locate that before I start bugging CS? Thanks.
If it's a bug, then it exists on everyone's car 😁

While driving yesterday, the car began flashing "Brake Fault" warnings and a very obnoxious donging sound. The car drives without any apparent issues, including braking and regen braking. Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, what was the solution? Timing to repair?

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpeg
    IMG_0573.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0571.jpeg
    IMG_0571.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0569.jpeg
    IMG_0569.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
Yes that’s normal behavior. My Audi did the same thing

While driving yesterday, the car began flashing "Brake Fault" warnings and a very obnoxious donging sound. The car drives without any apparent issues, including braking and regen braking. Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, what was the solution? Timing to repair?
Never seen that before. It sounds like the emergency brake / equivalent of handbrake is having issues. Contact service.

Back Seat Lights turn on by themselves:

Have had my touring about a week now - it's great! But there are those quirks. At night, the light in the rear seats turns on by itself. If I press the button by the mirror twice (once to turn on the fronts, twice to turn front and back off) the rear goes out and a few minutes later it's on again. This could be happening during the day too, but I can't tell.

Didn't think of calling service...oh wait, did that. On Friday, 4:30PM. Talked with Service, sent them photos and then silence....apparently they are closed on weekends. Awaiting them to share the protocol from here. It's parked...in the meantime, driving the S560...lovely machine. Glad I kept it.

I really just wanted to know if anyone else has had this occur. Apparently not.

Doing the same during the day. Mostly it's the rear-driver's side map light coming on by itself. I figure the touch-sensitive light is just a tad too sensitive ?

Didn't think of calling service...oh wait, did that. On Friday, 4:30PM. Talked with Service, sent them photos and then silence....apparently they are closed on weekends. Awaiting them to share the protocol from here. It's parked...in the meantime, driving the S560...lovely machine. Glad I kept it.

I really just wanted to know if anyone else has had this occur. Apparently not.
Is it still happening? I had something similar happen after upgrading one time. I toggled drive/park and unplugged/plugged it in and it just went away. I think it was just software in a bad state after an upgrade.

Yes, begins as soon as I put my foot on the brake pedal. It's been doing this since Friday. Meeting the truck today. They are taking it to the service center. I'm hoping for a quick fix. Snow and freezing rain begins tonight in the PNW. Hope it can be returned ASAP.

Thanks for the reply.

I ran into quite a number of bugs today for the first time. when i reversed the car out of the garage today, it made a loud noise with red stop sign and braked suddenly. My wife was standing there and she thought i braked it for some reason. She was not standing right behind the car though. She was towards the right and i was backing out to the left. She did not see anything behind the car that would've caused this and i did not see anything in the back camera.

On the way back home, it started to drizzle here and both side cameras stopped working. i.e, it no longer showed the blind spot for both left and right signals.

Once i got home the surround parking (360°) was unavailable along with the back camera view. once i parked and put it into reverse again, the back camera view showed up but the surround camera was still unavailable.

I ran into quite a number of bugs today for the first time. when i reversed the car out of the garage today, it made a loud noise with red stop sign and braked suddenly. My wife was standing there and she thought i braked it for some reason. She was not standing right behind the car though. She was towards the right and i was backing out to the left. She did not see anything behind the car that would've caused this and i did not see anything in the back camera.

On the way back home, it started to drizzle here and both side cameras stopped working. i.e, it no longer showed the blind spot for both left and right signals.

Once i got home the surround parking (360°) was unavailable along with the back camera view. once i parked and put it into reverse again, the back camera view showed up but the surround camera was still unavailable.
Sounds like one of your issues is laggy system. Not sure bc cold weather or what. Do a good reset to see if it solves it, if not call Service Center.

Back