Software Bugs

Bugs you have experienced

• Total voters
This is a good idea. However, as we all know, the software version is important when reporting a bug. I am rooting for Lucid to improve the reliability of existing functionality and publish a realistic time frame to add features. It would be great if Lucid had a Bugzilla like system for users to enter bugs and see the status.
If I were in Lucid management and saw the number of people who aren't interested in reading the manual, speculate wildly about how things work, or have difficulty even figuring out where to put their post to avoid duplicates, I'd not want to have them adding entries in my tracking system!

I gave a minor bug to report here.

I was able to open the frunk from the left display while the display was in screen cleaning mode and the displays were all off.

In screening cleaning mode, the displays are all off and no capacitive buttons are supposed to work. The frunk button worked even through there was no display of the button.

I doubt having the frunk button area active while the display is off is desired behavior.
Yep. Happens to me as well. I sent them an email a couple weeks ago.

I literally just had this last night. The buttons on the pilot panel would click but not change. I ended up fixing it with a changing profiles when a soft reset didn’t work. I didn’t know this was a thing until a few seconds ago when I was about to let folks know that I had the issue and how I fixed it.

We contacted Lucid and they didn’t have a fix at that moment.

@Bobby , you'll know you've made it when Customer Care adds the "Bobby" method to it's list of troubleshooting steps. 😂

@Bobby , you'll know you've made it when Customer Care adds the "Bobby" method to it's list of troubleshooting steps. 😂
That is the moment have been waiting for my entire life! I’m gonna be famous!

Bob .. didn't you own a Nissan a while back?

I actually had the same problems reported in this thread with cameras glitching out and the pilot panel trying to go into battery precondition mode when on the main pilot panel (it’s like it’s stuck on the charging layer even though it’s displayed as the pilot panel main layer), and the @Bobby reset fixed it. Before he made his suggestion I had reached out to customer care and they couldn’t figure it out, so I told customer care about the Bobby Reset and they appreciated it and said that gave them helpful info about the cause. Since then I’ve had the cameras get inconsistent again, so the Bobby reset doesn’t fix it permanently, if it will fix it temporarily again if it happens again.

I actually had the same problems reported in this thread with cameras glitching out and the pilot panel trying to go into battery precondition mode when on the main pilot panel (it’s like it’s stuck on the charging layer even though it’s displayed as the pilot panel main layer), and the @Bobby reset fixed it. Before he made his suggestion I had reached out to customer care and they couldn’t figure it out, so I told customer care about the Bobby Reset and they appreciated it and said that gave them helpful info about the cause. Since then I’ve had the cameras get inconsistent again, so the Bobby reset doesn’t fix it permanently, if it will fix it temporarily again if it happens again.
Ironically, I ended up WITH the problem of blanked out screens and the park surround view and front/rear cameras after I changed profiles. I had moved my seat and was clicking my profile to see if went back, when it didn't, I changed profiles to another (one I set up a while back for Easy Exit), then back to my profile. The screens blacked out and the pilot panel re-booted, but I didn't think anything of it since that is a known problem. This time, however, the next few times I was in the car the pilot panel buttons didn't work and the cameras didn't all work at the same time.
I performed a blinker reset yesterday and so far, it seemed to work again (i.e. w/o blank screens, cameras, etc.).

I wonder if the changing of profiles is causing more issues than previously thought .. and, like any roadrunner/Wiley coyote fan would know ... doing it again (i.e. clicking the bobby reset) fixes it temporarily.

Just a thought.. something that Lucid software devs and QA might want to look at.

Thanks...I'll check it out. I am away from my car, but hope things have improved since my departure. I really like the car. Our first EV.

Back