Software Bugs

Bugs you have experienced

• Total voters
Same here. The valet card reset eliminated issue for awhile but the issue came back. Another goofy one is the music will come on as soon as car unlocks. Customer service has no idea and there isn't any method to turn the music off just have to hit "pause" symbol to silence it.
I actually thought that it was supposed to happen my car has done that since delivery

what's new with 2.0.28?
The new feature that shuts down the car after a period of time. Careful because it doesn't care if your fob, phone or you are in the car. Got locked out at a charging station last night.

Here's a new bug that i noticed on my road trip - I usually set navigation on my phone and connect to car's speakers via Bluetooth and play music through my phone (sound comes through the car's speakers). oftentimes, the speakers sound very low and it's hard to hear the navigation voice from my phone (played on car's speakers) even though the music is coming through just fine (albeit low). I can workaround this bug by raising the overall volume to 50-60% but when this bug fixes itself, everything sounds very loud and i have turn down the volume back to 10-20% range quickly.

On the flip side, if i use Lucid's navigation with Amazon music, the music sounds overlaps with the navigation sound and it would be great if the music volume lowers itself when nav lady starts speaking.

Please list a bug that you have. If you don't see it, respond to this poll with the bug report.

Always remember, submit a bug report to Customer Care so Lucid can get the reports into their system!
When listing a software bug on this forum and when reporting the bug to Lucid, please provide the software version loaded on your car at the time of the bug. Then if the same bug shows up with a later version we can assume that the problem has not been fixed.

Never knew anything about rebooting Alexa after an update…please share! Alexa is silent when navigation is on. Thx

i haven't read every page in this thread but i haven't seen an issue that happens occasionally since we first got the car. Sometimes the entire volume is muted in car where no media audio will sound, nor calls, nor turn signals or warnings. Visually this appear normal but no sound. This will usually maintain until the car is locked and allowed to reset itself. It happened one leg of a road trip and allowed me to get very familiar with cabin, road, motor noises; all of which are pleasingly minimal!

i haven't read every page in this thread but i haven't seen an issue that happens occasionally since we first got the car. Sometimes the entire volume is muted in car where no media audio will sound, nor calls, nor turn signals or warnings. Visually this appear normal but no sound. This will usually maintain until the car is locked and allowed to reset itself. It happened one leg of a road trip and allowed me to get very familiar with cabin, road, motor noises; all of which are pleasingly minimal!
Happened to my car once while trying to fix the SiriusXM app. A "Bobby reset" fixed it. Hasn't' returned.

I have been having the same issue over the past couple days where all sound goes out. Only thing that fixes it is a reboot. Also been having issues where GPS periodically gets frozen in a different location and requires reboot to work again. Latest issue is no picture from front camera for past couple days. This unfortunately is not fixed with a reboot. Not sure what’s going on but until last couple days, software had been very stable. Reported to CC.

Please list a bug that you have. If you don't see it, respond to this poll with the bug report.

Always remember, submit a bug report to Customer Care so Lucid can get the reports into their system!
My car arrived with several software bugs, but a rapid succession of OTA updates fixed them all. I recently posted a comment on how pleased I was with the car. Then the most recent OTA update occurred and now Alexa is not working. She glows blue but fails to respond to any command. A her blue light stays on continuously. I called Lucid Tech Support. They were aware of the problem with Alexa and will putting out a fix. This is the life of an early adopter.

My car arrived with several software bugs, but a rapid succession of OTA updates fixed them all. I recently posted a comment on how pleased I was with the car. Then the most recent OTA update occurred and now Alexa is not working. She glows blue but fails to respond to any command. A her blue light stays on continuously. I called Lucid Tech Support. They were aware of the problem with Alexa and will putting out a fix. This is the life of an early adopter.
I had that. Goes away with a hard power cycle.

Since 2.0.33 I have been regularly seeing my driver alert protection system shut off about 10 minutes into every drive. Says the camera is blocked when it obviously isn’t.

has this bug been reported here? I did let tech support know.

Since 2.0.33 I have been regularly seeing my driver alert protection system shut off about 10 minutes into every drive. Says the camera is blocked when it obviously isn’t.

has this bug been reported here? I did let tech support know.
I called Lucid, they said that they are aware of the bug. The fix should come with the next OTA.

Not sure if this a bug or mechanical issue. When heated seats are selected and the highest setting (3 red bars) after 90 secs to 2 minutes it auto deselects to the middle setting (2 red bars) and remains there. This is the same for driver and passenger side. If I reselect high it deselects within a minute back to middle setting. Sensor? Maybe?

Not sure if this a bug or mechanical issue. When heated seats are selected and the highest setting (3 red bars) after 90 secs to 2 minutes it auto deselects to the middle setting (2 red bars) and remains there. This is the same for driver and passenger side. If I reselect high it deselects within a minute back to middle setting. Sensor? Maybe?

This is a feature, though a weird one. Think of 3 as a temporary "boost" to get you up to temperature. 2 is "high." 1 is "low."

My car does the same thing, I think this is by design. It's nether the bug, or mechanical issue.

This is a feature, though a weird one. Think of 3 as a temporary "boost" to get you up to temperature. 2 is "high." 1 is "low."
I will admit that I am not from a cold climate. I have used seat heat couple of times on low and it was warm enough that it made me wonder if medium or high would burn my butt. I think the high to medium is an intentional feature.

This was the original reason for the Bobby Reset.
What’s a valet card reset? I also heard of using valet card by holding it up to underside of the glass roof somewhere. Are you familiar with that?

What’s a valet card reset? I also heard of using valet card by holding it up to underside of the glass roof somewhere. Are you familiar with that?
Close the door, hold the valet card just above the camera on the drivers side door pillar to lock the car. Walk away and make sure no fobs or mobile keys are nearby. Let the car sleep for 15 minutes and then come back and unlock like normal.

I ran into an edgecase today. My Fob wasn't working so i used the valet card to enter the car. I hid the pilot screen because my sunglasses are kept behind it. Once i got the sunglasses, i tried to put the car into reverse but it asked me to enter the pin. i couldn't enter the pin because i hid the pilot screen and there's no way to reveal (unhide) the screen. the pointy arrow doesn't show up on the pin screen. i can see the pin screen but the numbers are behind the dash. I ended up going back home and got my second fob which worked. i suppose locking the car with valet card and unlocking it later on might work but i wasn't sure and didn't want to waste my time.

i also tried touching the valet card on the roof where the microphones are but that didn't help (don't even know what that does but i remember my DA doing it on my test drive)

I ran into an edgecase today. My Fob wasn't working so i used the valet card to enter the car. I hid the pilot screen because my sunglasses are kept behind it. Once i got the sunglasses, i tried to put the car into reverse but it asked me to enter the pin. i couldn't enter the pin because i hid the pilot screen and there's no way to reveal (unhide) the screen. the pointy arrow doesn't show up on the pin screen. i can see the pin screen but the numbers are behind the dash. I ended up going back home and got my second fob which worked. i suppose locking the car with valet card and unlocking it later on might work but i wasn't sure and didn't want to waste my time.

i also tried touching the valet card on the roof where the microphones are but that didn't help (don't even know what that does but i remember my DA doing it on my test drive)
Tapping the card on the roof should have eliminated the need for a pin.

Interesting edge case. I’m sure the Lucid software engineers hadn’t considered the hidden pilot panel scenario. I’d report it to customer care.

If you hadn’t been able to get a fob, that would have sucked.

Back