Software Bugs

Bugs you have experienced

• Total voters
It’s a good thing, why question it?
Because I wonder if it could be potentially misleading or even spam, and according to what I understand and have been told ( which may be entirely wrong ), it could cause legal issues.

If company officials can now respond, that is wonderful, but it would be nice to know if this is the new norm , to set reasonable expectations.

People with more experience and knowledge here , please correct me if I am wrong ( happy to be totally incorrect )

I don’t think they respond in the sense that they are allowed to engage in the discussion, only that they do read this forum and will reach out to owners privately if an issue arises, as was this case with the sunglasses/85mph problem.

I have never seen a response like this on the forums and it is my understanding that Lucid officials or employees are instructed not to respond , in an official capacity?

Has there been a change in policy?
On occasion, @Firstto520 or I may reach out to a forum member for clarification on a post. Your SA, DA, or Customer Care rep remains your go-to resource for information and issue resolution.

I don’t think they respond in the sense that they are allowed to engage in the discussion, only that they do read this forum and will reach out to owners privately if an issue arises, as was this case with the sunglasses/85mph problem.
Good to know!!

On occasion, @Firstto520 or I may reach out to a forum member for clarification on a post. Your SA, DA, or Customer Care rep remains your go-to resource for information and issue resolution.
Thank you, good to know!!

Took my first 100+ drive yesterday. Outstanding! Did have 2 small issues with the software.
1. Listening to FM radio. After muting for an incoming call, the radio didn’t come back and couldn’t be restarted.
2. After 150 miles, I got constant keep your eyes on the road and pay attention Messages. I think it was an issues with the sun position and the sunglasses I was wearing. Had to turn off the feature.

Is this the single place we have to report software bugs?

Took my first 100+ drive yesterday. Outstanding! Did have 2 small issues with the software.
1. Listening to FM radio. After muting for an incoming call, the radio didn’t come back and couldn’t be restarted.
2. After 150 miles, I got constant keep your eyes on the road and pay attention Messages. I think it was an issues with the sun position and the sunglasses I was wearing. Had to turn off the feature.

Some bugs have their own threads but this is the best place. These two are known and common that I hope get fixed soon. I am glad that you are enjoying the drive.

Re #2; if you wear polarized lenses and store a second facial recognition profile with your polarized lenses on, it will work fine.

It won’t work with non-polarized lenses, but you should be wearing polarized lenses for driving anyway. :)

Re #2; if you wear polarized lenses and store a second facial recognition profile with your polarized lenses on, it will work fine.

It won’t work with non-polarized lenses, but you should be wearing polarized lenses for driving anyway. :)
Just keep your non-polarized glasses and turn off that feature :). Hopefully they can fix that with future updates.

Just keep your non-polarized glasses and turn off that feature :). Hopefully they can fix that with future updates.
The other benefit of polarized lenses is basically zero windshield reflections. No stitching, none of that.

The other benefit of polarized lenses is basically zero windshield reflections. No stitching, none of that.
I just ordered a pair of polarized glasses to make you happy :)

Just be forewarned that if you tilt your head or turn some types of screens sideways, the text will disappear if you’re wearing polarized lenses. I remember trying to take a picture with my old digital camera and I thought the thing was broken because the display was blank. Finally realized my glasses caused it to appear blank. Happens with my Honda dash and gas pumps and stuff, too.

Just be forewarned that if you tilt your head or turn some types of screens sideways, the text will disappear if you’re wearing polarized lenses. I remember trying to take a picture with my old digital camera and I thought the thing was broken because the display was blank. Finally realized my glasses caused it to appear blank. Happens with my Honda dash and gas pumps and stuff, too.
Yep. Polarized sunglasses are a great way to judge the quality of the screens we have thrown in our faces every day. Any modern screen that isn't super cheap will handle them just fine. iPhones, Android devices, etc. But tons of older kiosk screens and whatnot will be unreadable with polarized glasses.

Haha yeah - FWIW, that’s not an issue in the lucid.

Haha yeah - FWIW, that’s not an issue in the lucid.
I normally do not wear polarized glasses because I cannot use them for flying due to the screens on most of the avionics. However, today I did wear my polrized glasses to drive to and from work. You are correct the dash reflections on the windshield were gone and there is no difficulty reading the Lucid displays. I did not notice the absence of the reflections on the drive to work but after seeing your message, I did notice on the way home. I may actually wear these glasses for driving more often. They are actually the glasses I like to wear for hiking.

If you can find a sunglass shop that carries Serengeti drivers, give them a try. I have Raybans, Oakleys, you name it. The Serengeti is the best I've used. Excellent contrast, maximum comfort.

If you can find a sunglass shop that carries Serengeti drivers, give them a try. I have Raybans, Oakleys, you name it. The Serengeti is the best I've used. Excellent contrast, maximum comfort.
Aviator - photochromatic, non-polarized.

Back