Snow Mode Gone??

aarem

Cars
Air Grand Touring
Vehicle Drive Settings use to have a designated Snow Mode. Today’s the first day is started snowing…and suddenly I’m not seeing that mode anymore. Did they move this setting?

Attachments

• FD23300E-B830-43E0-8870-9EB67790FB14.png
    FD23300E-B830-43E0-8870-9EB67790FB14.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 136
It's never been on there, probably eventually, but i would definitely put the car into standard regen for snow.

Vehicle Drive Settings use to have a designated Snow Mode. Today’s the first day is started snowing…and suddenly I’m not seeing that mode anymore. Did they move this setting?

Where's that screenshot from?

Cool! Which video? And have you had it on your Lucid? I live in a part of the country where snow mode would be very useful. Do you know how it works?
I believe if you shake a Lucid vigorously it will look like it’s snowing inside the all glass super structure

Snow mode is a seasonal item, only available in summer. :0)

Snow mode: coming soon or already gone?

I’ve never seen it either. Maybe wasn’t released to SoCal owners 😂

With the precision and cycle speed of traction control in a car such as the Lucid, I don't see the need for a snow mode. All snow mode does is reduce the torque delivery to keep tires from spinning during acceleration -- something that Lucid traction control does beautifully in all road conditions.

I also don't see the need to go to a lower regenerative braking setting in snow. The anti-lock braking system of the car should automatically reduce regen to avoid wheel lockup during braking, no matter how much regen the driver has dialed in.

I suspect the snow mode setting was originally there to reduce driver anxiety in snow without actually changing anything the car does, and during subsequent software updates someone rethought that approach and just removed the activation button.

I also don't see the need to go to a lower regenerative braking setting in snow. The anti-lock braking system of the car should automatically reduce regen to avoid wheel lockup during braking, no matter how much regen the driver has dialed in.
That is a great question, does anti-lock braking work with only mechanical brakes or also with regen. It would be great if it worked with regen but do we know fro sure?

Back