Shock and Tilt False Alarms

When you all have had the Shock and Tilt go off, did you also notice that the fan on the car was running. Mine just started last week and when it happens I noticed that the fan on the car is running. Thinking it may be a heat issue.
Yes, usually when I would turn on the AC remotely. Typical scenario is level 2 charging at work, remote AC set and approaching the car from 15 to 20 feet away. Yes it is believed to be related to the AC - either battery thermal management and/or interior AC.

I've been having them as well lately. Plugging into the charger in the garage and get anywhere near it then it goes off. Customer care said it might be heat related.

I received my first two shock and tilt alarms yesterday.

Car was charging at a Chargepoint that I had previously used without issue. As I approached, alarm went off. I exited the app and it stopped. Unfortunately, the center console did not activate so I had no speedometer, no gear shift indicator, no turn signal cameras, no hands free and no radio. Not a safe driving experience.

Got home and it happened again 5 mins later.
Contacted CS, they responded within an hr, had me do a valet card reset process (btw, the turn signal protocol doesn't doesn't really anything, just acknowledges how much time has passed). Had me turn off shock and tilt notifications (although it automatically turns on the next time you use the car which is dumb). CS indicated they are not sure what root cause is. I saw an an earlier post someone had heard it could be due to heat. Seems odd, but it was very hot yesterday not certain if it is coincidence.

BTW, I am on the newest software.

Car was charging at a Chargepoint that I had previously used without issue. As I approached, alarm went off. I exited the app and it stopped. Unfortunately, the center console did not activate so I had no speedometer, no gear shift indicator, no turn signal cameras, no hands free and no radio. Not a safe driving experience.

Contacted CS, they responded within an hr, had me do a valet card reset process (btw, the turn signal protocol doesn't doesn't really anything, just acknowledges how much time has passed). Had me turn off shock and tilt notifications (although it automatically turns on the next time you use the car which is dumb). CS indicated they are not sure what root cause is. I saw an an earlier post someone had heard it could be due to heat. Seems odd, but it was very hot yesterday not certain if it is coincidence.

That is not good - I guess we have something to look forward to in OTA v 1.2.7?

Wait what do you mean the turn stalk signal doesn’t do anything? I’ve actually never had to reboot my car so have never used any of the mysteriously complicated reset procedures.

Wait what do you mean the turn stalk signal doesn’t do anything? I’ve actually never had to reboot my car so have never used any of the mysteriously complicated reset procedures.

Only relaying what was shared. with me from CS. But some of the steps in reset protocols where literally only there to capture elapsed time. Meaning the turning on of the turn signal did not actually drive any reset functionality (soft, hard, default reset, etc) and only created a clock to ensure whatever reset procedure that was initiated was given enough time to complete before being interrupted.

Only relaying what was shared. with me from CS. But some of the steps in reset protocols where literally only there to capture elapsed time. Meaning the turning on of the turn signal did not actually drive any reset functionality (soft, hard, default reset, etc) and only created a clock to ensure whatever reset procedure that was initiated was given enough time to complete before being interrupted.
If that's true, does that mean they are rebooting the car every single time you exit and lock it? That seems very odd. But, it might explain some of the walk-up unlock issues if the car is still mid-reboot?

If that's true, does that mean they are rebooting the car every single time you exit and lock it? That seems very odd. But, it might explain some of the walk-up unlock issues if the car is still mid-reboot?
This sure sounds like what's happening, though obviously we can't be sure. Would explain why the whole car seems to need to boot up for several seconds before all systems are online.

that sucks. who were the other people that got this alarm? out of the many problems that's reported, this and the 21" tires bubbles are the most concerning to me.

that sucks. who were the other people that got this alarm? out of the many problems that's reported, this and the 21" tires bubbles are the most concerning to me.
One thing that needs to happen soon is for the car to allow us to shut off the Shock and Tilt Alarm and have it stay shut off. My car has needed service for a few items and every time they send the two truck I turn off the Shock and Tilt in the app. But shortly after the tow truck leaves I receive a Shock and Tilt alert and I know the tow truck operator is going crazy with the alarm going off repeatedly.

I am not certain if this is everytime you lock. The process was specifically with the valet card tap above the door pillar camera to lock. And no key fob within 30ft but mobile key was okay to be near the vehicle.

One thing that needs to happen soon is for the car to allow us to shut off the Shock and Tilt Alarm and have it stay shut off. My car has needed service for a few items and every time they send the two truck I turn off the Shock and Tilt in the app. But shortly after the tow truck leaves I receive a Shock and Tilt alert and I know the tow truck operator is going crazy with the alarm going off repeatedly.
I was having the shock and tilt issue. Mine were coming while the car was just sitting in the parking lot (in the sun) on hot days never when I was charging. When I'd go check the fans and AC were on in the car. I could unlock and relock the car and the alarm would go off as well as the fans; however, it would generally do the same thing again 10-15 minutes later.

What I did was change the settings on the APP under Safety & Security to Push Notification Only. This way I just got the pop-up on my phone when it happened but the alarm didn't sound on the car. Made my co-workers much happier as the alarm is very loud.

I just did the software update a couple days ago and haven't had anymore shock and tilt notices since. I'm hoping that fixed. Today will be a really hot day so it will be interesting to see if it comes back today.

I was having the shock and tilt issue. Mine were coming while the car was just sitting in the parking lot (in the sun) on hot days never when I was charging. When I'd go check the fans and AC were on in the car. I could unlock and relock the car and the alarm would go off as well as the fans; however, it would generally do the same thing again 10-15 minutes later.

What I did was change the settings on the APP under Safety & Security to Push Notification Only. This way I just got the pop-up on my phone when it happened but the alarm didn't sound on the car. Made my co-workers much happier as the alarm is very loud.

I just did the software update a couple days ago and haven't had anymore shock and tilt notices since. I'm hoping that fixed. Today will be a really hot day so it will be interesting to see if it comes back today.
One other thing I forgot to mention is that once you change to the Push Notification Only - it stays in that mode unless you change it back. It does not reset every time.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that once you change to the Push Notification Only - it stays in that mode unless you change it back. It does not reset every time.
Okay good suggestion. That will keep the tow truck driver sane.

good to know

Did they figure out the issue?

Okay good suggestion. That will keep the tow truck driver sane.
Mine went off for the first time in a while a few days AFTER I got the update, so I don't think that's fixed it. But the service center made the same recommendation - just change to push notifications. I double checked today. It has stayed that way. Btw, I do think there might be something to the heat theory. Seems both times I have had it happen. It's been while in the garage with the charger plugged in and the garage has been pretty warm. Might also explain why this wasn't a thing a few months ago. But just a guess.

Yes, usually when I would turn on the AC remotely. Typical scenario is level 2 charging at work, remote AC set and approaching the car from 15 to 20 feet away. Yes it is believed to be related to the AC - either battery thermal management and/or interior AC.

It happened to us at 3:45 a.m. while the car was parked in the garage and we were all sound asleep in our beds.

Back