Shock and Tilt False Alarms

Adnillien

Referral Code K9WIJHB0
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT
Referral Code
K9WIJHB0
Is anyone else seeing false "Shock and Tilt" alarms? I have seen it about 4 times. It seems to happen when I am approaching the car from about 30 feet away. It usually happens at work while the car is on a L2 charger.

I have never gotten that alarm to trigger on me. Not even when I jacked the car up to change the tire.

Yeah you can disable it in the Lucid app. But it turns back on every time the car is driven again. I didn’t mind cuz it let me know my car was on the flatbed truck back to me.

I’ve never gotten a false alarm, but it has correctly alerted every time it’s been towed (for service, not because of anything significant).

Customer care is setting up a service call for me. In the mean time I will turn the alarm off at work.

Is anyone else seeing false "Shock and Tilt" alarms? I have seen it about 4 times. It seems to happen when I am approaching the car from about 30 feet away. It usually happens at work while the car is on a L2 charger.
I had it happen once and it scared me as I wasn’t near the car, but as I thought it through I knew it was a false alarm. Hasn’t happened since

I had it happen once and it scared me as I wasn’t near the car, but as I thought it through I knew it was a false alarm. Hasn’t happened since
Were you charging at the time or was the car just parked? Mine is going into Scottsdale Service center this afternoon for them to check.

Scottsdale service took my car for two full days to investigate the false alarms. One technician here working with the engineering team in California. They even took my care to my work location because that is where the false alarms were occurring. I was told that a handful of other owners have reported the same issue. The engineering team has files of data but not root cause yet. I am confident that they will find the issue. If Lucid is willing to spend many resources on a small issue impacting only a few cars, I have no doubt that they will resolve most of the other bugs that we are seeing.

As usual the car was always returned after a fresh detailing and they do a great job.

After two more false shock and tilt alarms, I had my car back into the Scottsdale service center for a day. Lucid is still troubleshooting this issue and there are more owners seeing it. They do know that the actual shock and tilt sensor is not triggering or at least that trigger is not being logged. This week they replaced the frunk latches because one set was not fully latching. I did not get a good understanding of how this relates to the shock and tilt alarm. It seems that the car may be in a state where it does not know if it fully locked or unlocked and this leads to the false alarm as I approach the car with the key fob or mobile key.

After two more false shock and tilt alarms, I had my car back into the Scottsdale service center for a day. Lucid is still troubleshooting this issue and there are more owners seeing it. They do know that the actual shock and tilt sensor is not triggering or at least that trigger is not being logged. This week they replaced the frunk latches because one set was not fully latching. I did not get a good understanding of how this relates to the shock and tilt alarm. It seems that the car may be in a state where it does not know if it fully locked or unlocked and this leads to the false alarm as I approach the car with the key fob or mobile key.
I am also getting false shock and tilt alarms. Only while charging on a L2 charger. It has woken me up from sleeping three times. I am also near Scottsdale so will ask them to look at my car.

I am also getting false shock and tilt alarms. Only while charging on a L2 charger. It has woken me up from sleeping three times. I am also near Scottsdale so will ask them to look at my car.
Note the times of the alarms from the alerts on you phone if you still have them. Lucid will pull the data from you car for those times. I am hoping my is fixed now but it will be a few more days to tell since it only happened to me once about once a week. Same as you, Level2 charging.

Mine has done it 4 times. For every occurrence the car was parked in the garage, not charging, key and fob well over 80 ft away. Going in on Thursday for them to investigate this and about 4 other items.

Mine has done it 4 times. For every occurrence the car was parked in the garage, not charging, key and fob well over 80 ft away. Going in on Thursday for them to investigate this and about 4 other items.
Interesting. I had thought that maybe the key fob was too close to where it was parked in our garage so I was going to move it further away but it seems that will not help. It is very strange. It has only happened when the car in parked in our garage at home and only on nights when I am L2 charging at home. I'll call the Scottsdale service center tomorrow to ask for their help.

Not trying to steal this thread but what has Lucid been doing re loaners when they take your cars in? We are currently a one car family and having a dealership nearby that always has a loaner for me is very convenient.

Not trying to steal this thread but what has Lucid been doing re loaners when they take your cars in? We are currently a one car family and having a dealership nearby that always has a loaner for me is very convenient.
A rental if you need it. Not a Lucid...yet

Interesting. I had thought that maybe the key fob was too close to where it was parked in our garage so I was going to move it further away but it seems that will not help. It is very strange. It has only happened when the car in parked in our garage at home and only on nights when I am L2 charging at home. I'll call the Scottsdale service center tomorrow to ask for their help.
My car did the false alarm again today indicating that the frunk latch replacement did not work. My car goes in again tomorrow for this and the recall inspection. Have they looked at your car yet? If so what did they find.

My car did the false alarm again today indicating that the frunk latch replacement did not work. My car goes in again tomorrow for this and the recall inspection. Have they looked at your car yet? If so what did they find.
I am increasingly having the frunk latch problem. Yes, if I manually push down just after it closes, it seems to take care of it, but when I take it in on Friday to have the windshield done, this is one of a few things I'm going to have them look at. Didn't have a problem with it until about 3 weeks ago.

When you all have had the Shock and Tilt go off, did you also notice that the fan on the car was running. Mine just started last week and when it happens I noticed that the fan on the car is running. Thinking it may be a heat issue.

Back