Shock and Tilt Alarm

scal_air

Referral code - ZQOO2D7O
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Referral Code
ZQOO2D7O
I've had my touring for a little over 9 months now. In that time, the shock and tilt alarm has gone off twice while in my garage. The most recent about 5 minutes ago. I've read a couple old threads from other owners with similar experiences. Has anyone figured anything out? Yes, I live in California but there was no earthquake today 😆
Or is this just a random occurrence?

gremlon.jpeg

I've had my touring for a little over 9 months now. In that time, the shock and tilt alarm has gone off twice while in my garage. The most recent about 5 minutes ago. I've read a couple old threads from other owners with similar experiences. Has anyone figured anything out? Yes, I live in California but there was no earthquake today 😆

View attachment 16685
I dont know, did your house fall over like what happened to @Bus Driver and his MX? 🤣

View attachment 16685

About a week ago, I got an alert on my phone that an impact had been detected. I went out to the car seconds later and there lights/alarm were not going off, there were no cars, people, or animals nearby and no sign of an impact. Sounds like your issue might be different if the car alarm itself was going off. But, weird either way.

About a week ago, I got an alert on my phone that an impact had been detected. I went out to the car seconds later and there lights/alarm were not going off, there were no cars, people, or animals nearby and no sign of an impact. Sounds like your issue might be different if the car alarm itself was going off. But, weird either way.
Did you have your alarm settings to push notifications only?

View attachment 16685
You have to go into the car and disable it. It will automatically re-enable itself the next time you drive. It's happened a few times before, but goes away for a while after I disable it in the car. Disabling it in the app will do nothing to prevent the car itself from going off.

I'd send CS a log of when it occurred. I have for the incidents and it's in my file.

You have to go into the car and disable it. It will automatically re-enable itself the next time you drive. It's happened a few times before, but goes away for a while after I disable it in the car. Disabling it in the app will do nothing to prevent the car itself from going off.

I'd send CS a log of when it occurred. I have for the incidents and it's in my file.
Thank you

Did you have your alarm settings to push notifications only?
Nope. I've only gotten the impact detected message 3 other times. Of the 4 total times, 2 were legit with lights and horn. 2 were app notifications only with no apparent cause and no lights or horn

That's... not true. I've definitely disabled the shock and tilt alarm from the app and had it not go off. It does reset the next time you drive, though.

That's... not true. I've definitely disabled the shock and tilt alarm from the app and had it not go off. It does reset the next time you drive, though.
Really? I was told my CS we had to go into the car, but maybe they've updated the app's ability since then? This was over 6 months ago!

Really? I was told my CS we had to go into the car, but maybe they've updated the app's ability since then? This was over 6 months ago!
🤷‍♂️ I've watched it work for me.

But as with all things Lucid, YMMV?

Under Settings. Been there since I got the car 1-1/2 years ago.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231127_220947_Lucid.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231127_220947_Lucid.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 56
Under Settings. Been there since I got the car 1-1/2 years ago.
I know it was in the app. When my shock and tilt was going off constantly, disabling in the app didn't stop it on the vehicle. I contacted CS and they said I had to disable it on the pilot panel to get it to stop. So I did and it stopped 😁

I know it was in the app. When my shock and tilt was going off constantly, disabling in the app didn't stop it on the vehicle. I contacted CS and they said I had to disable it on the pilot panel to get it to stop. So I did and it stopped 😁
Ah, ok. I couldn't imagine you'd have missed that for 2 years 🤣

Nah, he knew. He even told another member to disarm it from the app when his vehicle was being towed...

Got the Tilt'n'Shock false alarm special last week. At 5 AM. That one morning when it was like 33 degrees (in California, so like -10 for anyone not in California). That sucked, but fortunately customer service empathized and is treating it seriously a la service appointment. One potential cause in my case is the trunk's seemingly ongoing alignment/fitment issues, which was preventing it from closing/opening as intended, and during the episode was showing as open despite it being latched shut. I was able to disable to alarm via the app as advised by support and haven't had issues since, though I've also not received any app notifications alerting me about any other t'n's issues.

Of all the tech gremlins I've tolerated, the one that gets me out of bed at 5 AM on a freezing Sunday stumbling outside semi-decent to shut my car up before my neighbors TP my house has been the least awesome.

Is there no way to set this where it never goes off at home? Could it go off when you go to the store and your wife/dog stay in the car?

Is there no way to set this where it never goes off at home? Could it go off when you go to the store and your wife/dog stay in the car?
Yep that's in the app settings. Select notification only for shock/tilt warnings, which then disables the horn. Hasn't made a peep since.

Reactions: DBV
Just received a false-positive "Shock & Tilt Alert - Invasion detected" while car was parked in my garage. Called CS, they took note and said to call back if it happens again.

Back