Setup Actions / Delivery Checklist

I'm going back to Deep Reflections in Los Gatos. They did an outstanding job on my Panamera. Getting Xpel Ultimate on the entire front end to the A Pillars and also on the lower back end. Full ceramic coating with FeynLab Heal Plus and then using other FeynLab products on the glass, plastic, and the wheels. Seven year guarantee on the FeynLab and ten years on the Xpel. Over three years on the Porsche only had one rock chip on the front hood that tore the Xpel but it didn't penetrate so no damage to the paint. Convinced me Xpel is a great product. The Porsche had the Ceramic Pro Gold treatment but now they are saying the FeynLab Heal Plus is a superior product. They do still offer Ceramic Pro if that is your preference.
For the FeynLab Heal Plus, is that the one that requires you to go back every year for a "tune-up"?

For the FeynLab Heal Plus, is that the one that requires you to go back every year for a "tune-up"?
That is Ceramic Pro Gold (the product I had on my Porsche). They do recommend an annual touch up with that Ceramic Pro. I don't believe any special annual "touch up" is required for FeynLab Self Heal Plus.

I'm going back to Deep Reflections in Los Gatos. They did an outstanding job on my Panamera. Getting Xpel Ultimate on the entire front end to the A Pillars and also on the lower back end. Full ceramic coating with FeynLab Heal Plus and then using other FeynLab products on the glass, plastic, and the wheels. Seven year guarantee on the FeynLab and ten years on the Xpel. Over three years on the Porsche only had one rock chip on the front hood that tore the Xpel but it didn't penetrate so no damage to the paint. Convinced me Xpel is a great product. The Porsche had the Ceramic Pro Gold treatment but now they are saying the FeynLab Heal Plus is a superior product. They do still offer Ceramic Pro if that is your preference.
nice. will give them a call when it's time. always good to have options. thanks

Can I buy the coffee and ask innumerable questions ??

Happy to chat :)

Once you get your car, you should join the Bay Area Telegram group!

Happy to chat :)

Once you get your car, you should join the Bay Area Telegram group!
LOL —- still waiting for the VIN - but hey didnt stop me downloading the app :)
similarly, joined the group. You’ll just have to put up with my puppy like enthusiasm

Great - love to hear about the San Diego road trip in more detail, particularly as this will be my first EV.
Just a quick update on the checklist. I am so glad I asked them to drive over with me to an Electrify America charging station. We spent about two hours there and couldn't get the car to connect. Tried multiple charge points and had EA customer service on the line for 45 minutes. Millbrae folks are going to figure it out and get back to me. Anyway I'm home and the car is with my detailer.

Just a quick update on the checklist. I am so glad I asked them to drive over with me to an Electrify America charging station. We spent about two hours there and couldn't get the car to connect. Tried multiple charge points and had EA customer service on the line for 45 minutes. Millbrae folks are going to figure it out and get back to me. Anyway I'm home and the car is with my detailer.
Like borski said in the other thread, did they try and activate the station from the app?

Like borski said in the other thread, did they try and activate the station from the app?
Yes. The EA Customer Service person tried to talk us through using the Lucid app. It showed all the EA chargers as "Ready" but we switched and tried plugging them in. The car dash showed "Preparing to Charge" but never got any further. The car had a substantial charge already but we moved the slider over to the far right in the car's settings so it should have connected. I'm sure the Millbrae folks will figure it out. The car is going through the PPF, Ceramic Coating, Wheels and Glass and Tinting on the side and rear windows. So it will be in the shop for the next week anyway. By then hopefully Millbrae will have it figured out. The tentative plan is for me to meet with a Lucid "Expert" next week at the Valley Fair EA station which is brand new and includes 350kw chargers.

One other thing I noticed during the initial Delivery review. The car is currently on 1.1.8 not 1.1.9.

Bummer on that, BUT good job having your walkthrough ready to spot the problem so soon!

Back