Setup Actions / Delivery Checklist

Okay, I'm supposing I should refer to it as the "Coil Spring Recall", correct?
I just read the actual recall information so I will label it "Front strut dampers snap ring orientation recall".

I just read the actual recall information so I will label it "Front strut dampers snap ring orientation recall".
Updated checklist:

Lucid Dream Setup Upon Pick Up

"Front strut dampers snap ring orientation recall".

Detailed Homelink setup instructions

Set Upper Nav Screen to 3D and lower to 2D

Trunk rubber gasket

Trunk alignment and clearance at bottom

Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and from inside the car.

Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (Iphone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)

Window shades operation fully functional

Navigation Setup

Instructions for Hard and Soft Resets

License Plate attachment – proper screws and tightness

Leaving Car with Shop for PPF and Ceramic Coating – What do they need -Key fob or Key card

Siri Shortcuts on Lucid App

Setting up Profiles for Key Fob and Mobile Key

Mobile Key setup on Lucid App

Facial Recognition Profile Setup

Bluetooth operation for Apple Music and books on tape (not “Audible” app)

Remove Santa Monica floor mats and replace with temporary Motor Trend rubber mats purchased after recommendation by hydbob

When will Apple CarPlay be available?

Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center

Yep definitely cut the holes
I think a member on here measured distances in his garage with his sensors and he was going to measure again after doing a PPF over the sensors but can't find the post. Most installers don't believe the PPF will affect the sensors and state that particles will be able to get into the cutout areas. Sure would like a definitive answer to this.

I think a member on here measured distances in his garage with his sensors and he was going to measure again after doing a PPF over the sensors but can't find the post. Most installers don't believe the PPF will affect the sensors and state that particles will be able to get into the cutout areas. Sure would like a definitive answer to this.

Cut the holes. Lucid service was very clear, and the sensors are somewhat inset. The one poster who did not cut holes had issues, and ended up cutting holes after the fact.

Cut the holes. Lucid service was very clear, and the sensors are somewhat inset. The one poster who did not cut holes had issues, and ended up cutting holes after the fact.
Ok sir, I will have the holes cutout as ordered! CMSgt Retired Steve Denesha

Last edited:
Yea that was me haha. Also I need to measure the distance because I have PPF circles on my sensors right now. The issue was because the sensors were inset there was an air gap that screwed around with it.

Ok here is my latest checklist for the pickup. I welcome any additional suggestions please. Hoping my pickup will be this coming week.

Homelink instructions for setting up

Check Windshield Wipers For Proper Seating and Operation

Trunk rubber gasket

Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and from inside the car.

Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (Iphone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)

Navigation Setup

Reboot sequences: power the car down and back up to check screen loading because some cars are in service for a couple days to replace a faulty module!

Leaving Car with Shop for PPF and Ceramic Coating – What do they need -Key fob or Key card

Setting Up Lucid App and proper charging procedure with EA

Remove Santa Monica floor mats and replace with temporary Motor Trend rubber mats purchased after recommendation by hydbob

That’s a formidable list. Great you are finally taking delivery. Excited for you and looking forward to both answers to your checklist as well as driving impressions. Hoping the wait at least eliminated many of the software issues.

That’s a formidable list. Great you are finally taking delivery. Excited for you and looking forward to both answers to your checklist as well as driving impressions. Hoping the wait at least eliminated many of the software issues.
Yeah, I'm kind of hoping some earlier deliveries at Millbrae used my checklist so it won't be a total surprise to the techs. My Advisor said she is going to try and be there for my delivery since she works just across the Bay in Newark at the Headquarters.

I discovered during my delivery that this checklist went out the window, because I was just too thrilled to go around looking at trunk rubber and windshield wipers. Fortunately I had sent the list to my DA in advance and he methodically went through and made sure everything was ok. Good work by this forum!

Best advice I could give: take delivery somewhere where you have fantastic internet access and cell coverage. Otherwise the DA struggles a bit to make some things work. I also found it amusing how quickly he bounced past the “spying on you” function. I’m ok with reporting everything back to Lucid, but he sure didn’t want to ask. He had it automatically set to “on” and went right past it.

For anyone who has not yet received their car…holy crap the DE is amazing in every way. In Swift mode it is plenty fast, so if you’re getting a GT, don’t feel like you’re missing out. Even in Smooth mode, it’s extraordinarily fast.

I discovered during my delivery that this checklist went out the window, because I was just too thrilled to go around looking at trunk rubber and windshield wipers. Fortunately I had sent the list to my DA in advance and he methodically went through and made sure everything was ok. Good work by this forum!

Best advice I could give: take delivery somewhere where you have fantastic internet access and cell coverage. Otherwise the DA struggles a bit to make some things work. I also found it amusing how quickly he bounced past the “spying on you” function. I’m ok with reporting everything back to Lucid, but he sure didn’t want to ask. He had it automatically set to “on” and went right past it.

For anyone who has not yet received their car…holy crap the DE is amazing in every way. In Swift mode it is plenty fast, so if you’re getting a GT, don’t feel like you’re missing out. Even in Smooth mode, it’s extraordinarily fast.
That was a great idea. I am hoping to benefit from SaratogaLefty's experience since I will be picking up in Millbrae.

Great news especially since you said you had not even sat in the car before. How is it handling in the snow?

Great news especially since you said you had not even sat in the car before. How is it handling in the snow?
Afternoon….if you vehicle will come with high performance tires…they don’t perform well when temperature is in the low 40’s…it doesn’t mean you can’t drive the car in the winter…it just means that the tires won’t be sticky and give the best traction…there isn’t a high performance tire that work well in snow…so if you plan to use in snow you will need another set of at least all season tires or snow tires if you live in a area with constant cold and lots of snow.

So, as Gmoney says, 21” summer tires are not a good idea in snow. However…the car is remarkable in cold weather/snow even with these impossible tires (and the Model S is also). I would NEVER attempt to drive some of my other cars on Denver roads right now because it is snow-covered. My Ferrari will not move. But the Lucid does pretty well, even with snow on the roads. In 10 degree temperatures, on dry parts of the road, the Lucid is rock solid. With dedicated winter tires (21” Pirelli Sottozeros from my Model S), it will be an absolute cold weather machine (once I can get the app to remotely warm the interior!). The Air should be least as good in snow as the Model S (which is superior to my Range Rover or my wife’s GLS).

Updated checklist:

Detailed Homelink setup instructions

Trunk rubber gasket

Navigation Setup

Remo e the aero caps off your wheels

If you haven't take delivery yet, add this to the list.

Adjust the side bolsters all the way in and all the way out. Mine are making this weird popping noise that I didn't notice before.

Massage seats, try the deep setting on level 1,2,3 and see if you can feel a difference.

If you haven't take delivery yet, add this to the list.

Adjust the side bolsters all the way in and all the way out. Mine are making this weird popping noise that I didn't notice before.

Massage seats, try the deep setting on level 1,2,3 and see if you can feel a difference.
Done. Looks like Tuesday for my Delivery hopefully.

Image.png

Back