Setup Actions / Delivery Checklist

Lol, uhm that about covers pretty much every problem I have read about or experienced here on the forum...

Lol, uhm that about covers pretty much every problem I have read about or experienced here on the forum...
Yeah, I know it is a little "over the top". I did send the earlier version over to my Delivery Host and he gave it to the lead techs. So I'm hoping they've addressed most of the potential "mechanical" problems. I do know they've been working on some cosmetic gaps to get them resolved. I'll post my thoughts after the Delivery is completed.

Yeah, I know it is a little "over the top". I did send the earlier version over to my Delivery Host and he gave it to the lead techs. So I'm hoping they've addressed most of the potential "mechanical" problems. I do know they've been working on some cosmetic gaps to get them resolved. I'll post my thoughts after the Delivery is completed.
as and when my car comes into millbrae I will reference this ... I am sure they will remember :)

thanks for leading the way (all Dream owners)

I just posted the latest version of my checksheet. Maybe a little obsessive but we'll see how it goes.
You may want to add something obvious (I have had problems with these items and vehicle is in service to repair these):
  • Make sure all door handles respond to pushing/pulling
  • Approaching with paired mobile key (from various orientations) causes vehicle to unlock.
  • Unlock vehicle with non-paired key and make sure it recognizes main driver's face
  • If possible, charge vehicle and listen for unusual fan squeal noise

You may want to add something obvious (I have had problems with these items and vehicle is in service to repair these):
  • Make sure all door handles respond to pushing/pulling
  • Approaching with paired mobile key (from various orientations) causes vehicle to unlock.
  • Unlock vehicle with non-paired key and make sure it recognizes main driver's face
  • If possible, charge vehicle and listen for unusual fan squeal noise
Added to my list. Thanks. It's going to be a lengthy delivery I think.

Added to my list. Thanks. It's going to be a lengthy delivery I think.

Lucid Dream Delivery Checklist
Here is the final final version. Picking up my car tomorrow morning.

- Homelink Instructions
- Alexa voice command training needed?
- Navigation Set Up - Set Upper Nav Screen to 3D and lower to 2D
- Check Surround View for Parking Assistance
- Check Both Front Seats Heat and Cool Ventilation
- Check Seatbelt Retraction and Height Adjustment - All Seats
- Check Air Vents Adjustability
- Check Windshield Wipers - Proper Seating and Operation
- Trunk rubber gaskets
- Trunk alignment and clearance at bottom – Sharp Edges? Marks?
- Rear door seals
- Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and from inside the car
- Adjust the Side Bolsters all the way in and all the way out to see if any “popping” noise
- Massage Seats – Try the Deep Setting on Level 1, 2, and 3 to see if any difference?
- Setting up Profiles for Key Fob and Mobile Key
- Mobile Key setup on Lucid App
- Facial Recognition Profile Setup
- Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (Iphone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)
- Make sure all door handles respond to pushing/pulling
- Approaching with paired mobile key causes vehicle to unlock (various angles).
- Unlock vehicle with non-paired key and make sure it recognizes main driver's face
- Window shades operation fully functional
- Instructions for Hard and Soft Resets
- Reboot sequences: power the car down and back up to check screen loading because some cars are in service for a couple days to replace a faulty module
- License Plate attachment – proper screws and tightness
- PPF and Ceramic Coating – What does Detail Shop need -Key fob or Key card?
- Setting Up Lucid App and proper charging procedure with EA (EA Account Setup)
- Siri Shortcuts on Lucid App
- Bluetooth operation for Apple Music and books on tape (not “Audible” app)
- Quality of Glass and Carpets? Scratches on paint or glass?
- How to Remove and Replace Aero Covers on Wheels?
- Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center – Use Alexa And Navigation To Find Nearby EA Charging Station and “Top Off” – Any unusual fan squeal noise?
- Order Lucid Home Charger Unit
- Owner’s Manual Hard Copy?
- When will Apple CarPlay be available?

Here is the final final version. Picking up my car tomorrow morning.

- Homelink Instructions
- Alexa voice command training needed?
- Navigation Set Up - Set Upper Nav Screen to 3D and lower to 2D
- Check Surround View for Parking Assistance
- Check Both Front Seats Heat and Cool Ventilation
- Check Seatbelt Retraction and Height Adjustment - All Seats
- Check Air Vents Adjustability
- Check Windshield Wipers - Proper Seating and Operation
- Trunk rubber gaskets
- Trunk alignment and clearance at bottom – Sharp Edges? Marks?
- Rear door seals
- Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and from inside the car
- Adjust the Side Bolsters all the way in and all the way out to see if any “popping” noise
- Massage Seats – Try the Deep Setting on Level 1, 2, and 3 to see if any difference?
- Setting up Profiles for Key Fob and Mobile Key
- Mobile Key setup on Lucid App
- Facial Recognition Profile Setup
- Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (Iphone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)
- Make sure all door handles respond to pushing/pulling
- Approaching with paired mobile key causes vehicle to unlock (various angles).
- Unlock vehicle with non-paired key and make sure it recognizes main driver's face
- Window shades operation fully functional
- Instructions for Hard and Soft Resets
- Reboot sequences: power the car down and back up to check screen loading because some cars are in service for a couple days to replace a faulty module
- License Plate attachment – proper screws and tightness
- PPF and Ceramic Coating – What does Detail Shop need -Key fob or Key card?
- Setting Up Lucid App and proper charging procedure with EA (EA Account Setup)
- Siri Shortcuts on Lucid App
- Bluetooth operation for Apple Music and books on tape (not “Audible” app)
- Quality of Glass and Carpets? Scratches on paint or glass?
- How to Remove and Replace Aero Covers on Wheels?
- Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center – Use Alexa And Navigation To Find Nearby EA Charging Station and “Top Off” – Any unusual fan squeal noise?
- Order Lucid Home Charger Unit
- Owner’s Manual Hard Copy?
- When will Apple CarPlay be available?
I forgot to thank all the forum members who contributed to this list either directly or indirectly. This forum is fantastic!!

I forgot to thank all the forum members who contributed to this list either directly or indirectly. This forum is fantastic!!
I used your checklist for my GT delivery. Thank you. I would say that my delivery host hit 80% of the items on the list without me asking. It was a great checklist to make sure everything else was covered. Of course I edited the title to say GT rather than Dream.

I used your checklist for my GT delivery. Thank you. I would say that my delivery host hit 80% of the items on the list without me asking. It was a great checklist to make sure everything else was covered. Of course I edited the title to say GT rather than Dream.
Where did you do your delivery? Did he address the items that he didn't initially cover?

Where did you do your delivery? Did he address the items that he didn't initially cover?
I was in Scottsdale. He did adress the missing items but he did not know the re-boot sequence. I should have brought it with me and tried it. Based on the information from this forum you already know more about the car than most customers and even many of the employees. For example, after enabling Alexa, my delivery host said that I could use it to place calls. Since placing calls with Alexa is not yet enabled, he was unaware of what was not yet enabled.

I was in Scottsdale. He did adress the missing items but he did not know the re-boot sequence. I should have brought it with me and tried it. Based on the information from this forum you already know more about the car than most customers and even many of the employees. For example, after enabling Alexa, my delivery host said that I could use it to place calls. Since placing calls with Alexa is not yet enabled, he was unaware of what was not yet enabled.
I would expect Lucid delivery people already have this list in their possession haha. If not, COME GET IT LUCID!!

I have successfully used Alexa to place calls, just rarely. I no longer try, but it did work intermittently, so he may not be totally misinformed.

So unbelievably I just got a call from Millbrae. While they were finishing detailing the car to get it ready for tomorrow morning delivery apparently the car "threw a code". They don't know if it is a "hard" or "soft" code but they are working on it tonight and I was told I will get an update sometime this evening. I have my Detailer all set up for tomorrow afternoon to start the PPF and Ceramic Coating. Now everything is up in the air once again. Just can't seem to catch a break!!

So unbelievably I just got a call from Millbrae. While they were finishing detailing the car to get it ready for tomorrow morning delivery apparently the car "threw a code". They don't know if it is a "hard" or "soft" code but they are working on it tonight and I was told I will get an update sometime this evening. I have my Detailer all set up for tomorrow afternoon to start the PPF and Ceramic Coating. Now everything is up in the air once again. Just can't seem to catch a break!!
Okay they got it fixed. Turns out it was just a slightly loose connector and all is good now.

Who's doing your PPF? Do you mind sharing their details. Trying to see if there are alternatives in the area.

Who's doing your PPF? Do you mind sharing their details. Trying to see if there are alternatives in the area.
I'm going back to Deep Reflections in Los Gatos. They did an outstanding job on my Panamera. Getting Xpel Ultimate on the entire front end to the A Pillars and also on the lower back end. Full ceramic coating with FeynLab Heal Plus and then using other FeynLab products on the glass, plastic, and the wheels. Seven year guarantee on the FeynLab and ten years on the Xpel. Over three years on the Porsche only had one rock chip on the front hood that tore the Xpel but it didn't penetrate so no damage to the paint. Convinced me Xpel is a great product. The Porsche had the Ceramic Pro Gold treatment but now they are saying the FeynLab Heal Plus is a superior product. They do still offer Ceramic Pro if that is your preference.

I'm going back to Deep Reflections in Los Gatos. They did an outstanding job on my Panamera. Getting Xpel Ultimate on the entire front end to the A Pillars and also on the lower back end. Full ceramic coating with FeynLab Heal Plus and then using other FeynLab products on the glass, plastic, and the wheels. Seven year guarantee on the FeynLab and ten years on the Xpel. Over three years on the Porsche only had one rock chip on the front hood that tore the Xpel but it didn't penetrate so no damage to the paint. Convinced me Xpel is a great product. The Porsche had the Ceramic Pro Gold treatment but now they are saying the FeynLab Heal Plus is a superior product. They do still offer Ceramic Pro if that is your preference.
Good luck with your delivery tomorrow!

Back