Service wait times?

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
So I didn’t have an emergent issue couple trim pieces need adjustment and my steering wheel is creeky but the Arizona appointment I got is like 3-4 weeks away Oct 17 booked yesterday.
Just curious how far out are your service dates?
Wouldn’t it make sense for Lucid to hire a bit in service as the fleet is growing?

So I didn’t have an emergent issue couple trim pieces need adjustment and my steering wheel is creeky but the Arizona appointment I got is like 3-4 weeks away Oct 17 booked yesterday.
Wouldn’t it make sense for Lucid to hire a bit in service as the fleet is growing?
I tried to make a service appointment for my Jaguar and it was seven weeks away.

Yes. Also, I still harbour the hope that Lucid have hired back all the people they let go earlier this year, who want to come back. I understand from admittedly unreliable sources that Lucid left behind in their wake, a considerable amount of ill will in Arizona, after they laid off a number of their factory workers in Casa Grande.

Sorry, I veered off topic.

Also on this note I wish we had more visibility and could self service book service appointments on the app.
Like if we press schedule appoint give me a booking view not a phone number lol.
IMG_1032.jpeg

I think the whole industry is different than what we're used to.
Our EQS had 3 recalls, all software-related, and it took the dealer 5 working days to complete the job.
I bet some on this forum can build a server in much less time.
Additionally, when the car came back, all settings were erased, except for HomeLink.
So far, with Lucid, we've not seen any memory wipe-out from all the updates, thank goodness.

I'd say it depends on area. Here in Utah we have James and Ryan who cover the mountain west. So between Idaho, Utah, Colorado, and I think NM. They should have their hands full? But I can get service within a few days to a week.

I'd say it depends on area. Here in Utah we have James and Ryan who cover the mountain west. So between Idaho, Utah, Colorado, and I think NM. They should have their hands full? But I can get service within a few days to a week.

James is such a stellar example of the consummate professional. He is coming up this Thursday to see me and I can always rely on him. Lucid is lucky to have him!!

I can only speak for my region, but lately anytime I need anything I just text the service coordinator at Natick, and they get back to me very quickly. Of course I try to not bother them after hours or on weekends since they were generous enough to give me their #, or bother them for anything minor. Anytime my car has been in the shop they’ve also texted me with periodic updates. While I can’t speak for the rest of the country, and I know that it’s not easy to provide such speedy personalized service and communication, Natick could serve as a model for not just for other Lucid service centers but for the auto industry as a whole. While it’s no one’s fault, I think if you can it’s better to cut out the middle man and not use the main customer care # for calls or texts if you have access to someone at your regional center. While some customer care support people I’ve dealt with before have amazed me with how good they were (the 8pm Saturday call from one of their reps when my car went into turtle mode blew me away), a lot of times it’s going to be CS reps who may not have high level tech training or easy access to quick appointment scheduling and it may be harder to have a good experience that way than if you’re able to just text your local service person. Just try not to be a high maintenance Karen about things, as these people who work for Lucid work very hard and they’re all passionate about the car (Natick’s manager is also a Lucid owner), and they’re quite busy and they have to prioritize the bigger projects first.

I can only speak for my region, but lately anytime I need anything I just text the service coordinator at Natick, and they get back to me very quickly. Of course I try to not bother them after hours or on weekends since they were generous enough to give me their #, or bother them for anything minor. Anytime my car has been in the shop they’ve also texted me with periodic updates. While I can’t speak for the rest of the country, and I know that it’s not easy to provide such speedy personalized service and communication, Natick could serve as a model for not just for other Lucid service centers but for the auto industry as a whole. While it’s no one’s fault, I think if you can it’s better to cut out the middle man and not use the main customer care # for calls or texts if you have access to someone at your regional center. While some customer care support people I’ve dealt with before have amazed me with how good they were (the 8pm Saturday call from one of their reps when my car went into turtle mode blew me away), a lot of times it’s going to be CS reps who may not have high level tech training or easy access to quick appointment scheduling and it may be harder to have a good experience that way than if you’re able to just text your local service person. Just try not to be a high maintenance Karen about things, as these people who work for Lucid work very hard and they’re all passionate about the car (Natick’s manager is also a Lucid owner), and they’re quite busy and they have to prioritize the bigger projects first.

I have also began just directly reaching out to my service area Lucid expert, James. He has encouraged me to do so and he even shoots me a correspondence from time to time to make sure everything is peachy with my ride. Very happy with that level of dedication.

Are these folks just the direct service advisors?

Polar 🐼 has scheduled an annual service appointment for Juno 🐻‍❄️ on October 18 at Costa Mesa SC. Polar 🐼 originally called Friday to Customer Care to address why the current software update of 2.1.18 wasn’t installed. Andre had forwarded to the software engineers and late night received a email stating that would address issue when Juno 🐻‍❄️ is in for annual maintenance plus a trim issue and creaking steering wheel.

The service department has been stellar. Unfortunately for me, I have been there too often, but the nice people there have taken care of my needs, from tire air deflector replacement(x2),to frunk liner replacement, to tire and wheel hub replacement, even a total failure drive fault error was handled promptly. They were always able to get my car on the schedule. For my annual service, I booked 2 weeks ahead. The Riviera Beach Service Center is only a 40 minute drive.

Reactions: HES
For some time, Tesla owners have been reporting problems with the leatherette covering coming off their steering yokes. It has now happened with our Tesla, with a plug of covering about the size of a dime coming off the top left corner of the yoke.

We used the app to schedule a service appointment (the only way you can reach a service center without driving in) and got a message back that no parts will be available until "sometime in the first quarter of 2024" and that the appointment was thus cancelled. Instead of offering to notify us when the part was available, we were instructed to contact them "at a future date" to request an appointment.

On an earlier service visit we inquired about switching out the yoke for the steering wheel that is now available. We were told that we would have to order the yoke from the Tesla Store, have it sent to our home, then schedule an appointment and bring the wheel in ourselves. The service shop refused to order it for us and notify us when it arrived.

While we wait for that unspecified "future date" to arrive, we'll be driving a yoke that will probably continue to shed its covering.

Anyone complaining about Lucid service should take a spin with Tesla service these days.

For some time, Tesla owners have been reporting problems with the leatherette covering coming off their steering yokes. It has now happened with our Tesla, with a plug of covering about the size of a dime coming off the top left corner of the yoke.

We used the app to schedule a service appointment (the only way you can reach a service center without driving in) and got a message back that no parts will be available until "sometime in the first quarter of 2024" and that the appointment was thus cancelled. Instead of offering to notify us when the part was available, we were instructed to contact them "at a future date" to request an appointment.

On an earlier service visit we inquired about switching out the yoke for the steering wheel that is now available. We were told that we would have to order the yoke from the Tesla Store, have it sent to our home, then schedule an appointment and bring the wheel in ourselves. The service shop refused to order it for us and notify us when it arrived.

While we wait for that unspecified "future date" to arrive, we'll be driving a yoke that will probably continue to shed its covering.

Anyone complaining about Lucid service should take a spin with Tesla service these days.
I had to beg Tesla to replace the shedding steering wheel on my 2023 model Y.
I went to local service center they claimed it was wear and tear. Then I went to an other service center 20 miles away in Mesa. I told them I am a three time Tesla owner model S , model S plaid, and model Y. I never see the steering wheel in this bad quality. He finally agreed to change it this one time and suggested I get a cover which I got now.
Tesla quality is within spec

IMG_2001.jpeg

I the other hand Lucid any issues I had with steering. Wheel they happily made the customer whole within warranty no charge and very less effort. Lucid is the gold standard for service comparative to my Tesla experience

Pretty much all car companies are having a problem keeping staff for service. When I called my dealership for Genesis GV60P for routine maintenance and some relatively unimportant recalls, and wanted a loaner, they booked me four weeks out. That is getting pretty common. I can live with that so long as emergency needs are accommodated immediately (or at least immediately take the car and give me a loaner; so far I have had an electrified G80 and an ICE GV80 as loaners).

From your posting, your needs are not urgent either. To me, a quality loaner solves most service problems.

The
Pretty much all car companies are having a problem keeping staff for service. When I called my dealership for Genesis GV60P for routine maintenance and some relatively unimportant recalls, and wanted a loaner, they booked me four weeks out. That is getting pretty common. I can live with that so long as emergency needs are accommodated immediately (or at least immediately take the car and give me a loaner; so far I have had an electrified G80 and an ICE GV80 as loaners).

From your posting, your needs are not urgent either. To me, a quality loaner solves most service problems.
The main thing is that it isn’t an emergent issue. Dead batteries and broken windows get priority over panel gaps :)

Back