Scheduled Maintenance

julianevjourney

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
I’m new to the world of EV and I recently reserved a Touring. I asked my SA if he could give me an idea of what Lucid recommends for scheduled maintenance. He sent me the attached information. It’s very different from what I’m used to with gas vehicles so I thought I would post it in case there are other newbies looking for the same information.

DF91EFFC-F744-40A4-BFE0-2824BD7B468D.jpeg

I’m new to the world of EV and I recently reserved a Touring. I asked my SA if he could give me an idea of what Lucid recommends for scheduled maintenance. He sent me the attached information. It’s very different from what I’m used to with gas vehicles so I thought I would post it in case there are other newbies looking for the same information.

View attachment 1982
What's a battery "heath" check?
I really, really find typographical errors in corporate documents to be very unsettling.

What's a battery "heath" check?
I really, really find typographical errors in corporate documents to be very unsettling.
That's not a typo, they are looking for Heath Ledger

Do the key fob batteries really need to be replaced annually? Maybe I’m lucky but I can’t recall having to replace one on any cat I have owned :)

Some have reported that if the Lucid key fobs are stored near the car they communicate constantly and some have already worn out batteries. For all my cars I have one set of fobs/keys in my house and the other sets in my garage so the Lucid fob hidden in the garage will be stored in a small Faraday pouch.

Do the key fob batteries really need to be replaced annually? Maybe I’m lucky but I can’t recall having to replace one on any cat I have owned :)

I have to replace key fob batteries in our other cars (Tesla and Honda) every couple of years. In fact, the battery in the Tesla we bought in August 2021 had to have a new fob battery replaced on the first service visit two months in. The service tech had no idea why it was already low.

View attachment 1982

I read somewhere else that the sun visor batteries only needed replacing every three years. You'd have to use the vanity lights an awful lot to require a new battery every year.

Any idea as to the cost of the 12,000 service?
Two year service?
Thanks,
Chomondely
Anyone? What’s included? Many luxury brands include maintenance for a period of time.

Anyone? What’s included? Many luxury brands include maintenance for a period of time.
That’s probably because most of those vehicles are leased, and the manufacturer wants their CPO stock to be in decent shape.

What kind of air filtration system does the Lucid use? Just a standard filter that all cars have or something more special like the HEPA system on the EQS?

I'm about to reach 12,000 miles and so I'm planning my first scheduled maintenance. I have a couple of questions for those who have already done this.
1. Did you go to the service center or did a mobile service van do the maintenance for you? I was told by Lucid that they could do everything except a wheel alignment with the mobile van. It's a 90 minute drive to my nearest service center. I'm thinking about skipping the wheel alignment so I can avoid the trek down to Tyson's.
2. Is there a charge for this maintenance check? If so, how much?

Thanks!

I'm about to reach 12,000 miles and so I'm planning my first scheduled maintenance. I have a couple of questions for those who have already done this.
1. Did you go to the service center or did a mobile service van do the maintenance for you? I was told by Lucid that they could do everything except a wheel alignment with the mobile van. It's a 90 minute drive to my nearest service center. I'm thinking about skipping the wheel alignment so I can avoid the trek down to Tyson's.

Thanks!

There's no charge for the maintenance check on Dream Editions. I don't know about the rest of the models.

If you're seeing any signs of abnormal tire wear, any tire center with modern equipment can do the alignment on a Lucid. It's a conventional suspension set up in terms of setting camber, toe-in, etc., and the databases they use already contain the Lucid alignment specs.

Thanks!
For GTs is was roughly $400 I believe.

Have you met my wife?

You and she are covered. Lucid replaces the visor batteries at the annual maintenance visit even if you haven't used the visor mirrors at all.

Now, if annual replacement isn't enough to cover her mirror usage, another discussion might be in order.

1st scheduled service, set a appt that works for you, make the leisure trip to Tysons, chat with the tech folks, have some coffee in the lounge, and treat your car to its first grooming. 👌

Back