Savage Geese: Long term Air review

Retrofitting the processor is great news. More interesting is eliminating the front motor whine via different motor mounts (rather than insulation). If that can be updated as well it would be a huge plus.

Retrofitting the processor is great news. More interesting is eliminating the front motor whine via different motor mounts (rather than insulation). If that can be updated as well it would be a huge plus.
Unless the price were exorbitant, if Lucid offered a retrofit to my MY23 car I'd pay for new motor mounts.

Last edited:
I can pretty much guarantee a retrofit for the motor mounts is not going to happen.

Really nice review. Really like that it sounds like Lucid lessoned the motor whine more in the 2025’s. Like the other changes they made too.

I'm apparently an outlier here, but I actually like the sound of the motors doing their work.
Yeah, it doesn't bother me at all

I asked about this at the Miami Service Center. I was told that Lucid will only allow the replacement of the old ECU with the new one if there is a malfunction with the old one, even if the customer is willing to pay for it. According to the Service Manager the new ECU has better communicability and is less susceptible to interference, but the increase in processing speed is not significant.
Can I accidentally spill some coffee on it:P

Me too. For me, silence = luxury. :)
I'd like the silence too. To be honest, I hadn't really noticed it that much until I gave a friend a ride and something about the frequence of it really bothered her. Now I'm more aware of it. If the music is up, which it usually is, then I barely hear it.

He mentioned they made the keyless entry better so it unlocks more reliably on approach. I doubt they are related, but if the retrofit processor is responsible for some or all of the improvement, sign me up

He mentioned they made the keyless entry better so it unlocks more reliably on approach. I doubt they are related, but if the retrofit processor is responsible for some or all of the improvement, sign me up

Geese mentioned that it might be due to an improved antenna, but that could have been just his speculation.

At 11;57 mark he says "the last 8 months" (referring to how many times he did a hyper start) which could imply he's in a '24 model and has mislabeled his video? It could also mean with the previous Air's he's had, but it is curious if he has a '25 already.

At 11;57 mark he says "the last 8 months" (referring to how many times he did a hyper start) which could imply he's in a '24 model and has mislabeled his video? It could also mean with the previous Air's he's had, but it is curious if he has a '25 already.
He definitely has the 25 already.

They’ve had several Airs over the course of the past year. It’s possible he meant over 8 months with all of those cars?

Or maybe the reason he mentions the CPU update is that they did it to his car?

They’ve had several Airs over the course of the past year. It’s possible he meant over 8 months with all of those cars?

Or maybe the reason he mentions the CPU update is that they did it to his car?
He says he has been drivng a model year 25

All the speculation in this thread about the ability to update the processor or motor mounts aside, the review is really astonishingly positive. I've watched Savagegeese for years and its exceedingly rare for Mark to heap this much praise on a vehicle. I wish more people in the market could see this.

All the speculation in this thread about the ability to update the processor or motor mounts aside, the review is really astonishingly positive. I've watched Savagegeese for years and its exceedingly rare for Mark to heap this much praise on a vehicle. I wish more people in the market could see this.
Same here, Mark & Jack are my best friends - they just don't know it. Their 11-year-old-like mindless chuckles when they drift a 2017 Honda Pilot are priceless. I have never seen Mark so smitten with a car. It made me feel soo goood :)

That being said, don't take every word they say as gospel. I'm pretty sure the chip retrofit news is fake news. These cars are meant to be disposable, like mobile phones. You drive it for 3 - 5 years, you throw it away. The technology advances so fast and such a huge percentage of sales are lease, that companies usually don't have spare resources to invest in retrofits - unless you are Tesla and you stopped developing new models.

Customer care says there are no options on offer to retrofit the new processors, and they say that response is straight from engineering.

My guess is that it's not a drop in replacement, nor is there tremendous motivation on their end to make the happen. It could reduce the likelihood of existing owners moving to newer models.

Customer care says there are no options on offer to retrofit the new processors, and they say that response is straight from engineering.

I was told the same thing by Customer Care and by the Miami Service Manager.

Back