Savage Geese: Long term Air review

I'm relieved to hear it. I thought the new hardware would've encompassed the new NVidia tech, too. That being the case, I'm not too concerned about the new processors as the only perceivable issue I've seen is with Tidal playback being affected by incoming text messages from time to time, and that might be something they can address through software alone.
The new upgrade would, hypothetically, only be for the infotainment chip, not ADAS or anything else.

I guess I don't get all the "let down" talk about Lucid's software these days. Having one of the early Dream Editions, I lived through pure software hell for 10 months with UX 1.0. But in my view UX 2.0 began to change the game, and the stream of updates has brought Lucid into the big leagues in this regard.

I've been driving Teslas for nine years, first a 2015 Model S P90D and now a 2021 Model S Plaid. I can assure you that Tesla's vaunted leading-edge software is far from problem-free. To this day, our key fobs go through periods where they will not open the doors and sometimes will not start the car, leaving us to rub the key cards over the phone charger pad. The Plaid's automatic gear selection is faulty to the point that we invariably have to swipe up or down on the screen to get the car in the right gear. The car won't play a USB music stick. There is no birds-eye view for parking. When the car is moving, for a passenger to adjust the audio volume or A/C vents requires bracing your hand against something while you try to tease the icons just so and hope for the best. I could go on.

To me, software is not the end game. It's part of the overall means of controlling a vehicle. For my money, our Lucid is a much easier car for both driver and front-seat passengers to operate. The combination of stalks, manual switches, tactile vent adjustments, etc. -- with important software features that Tesla doesn't have, such as 360-degree views -- makes for a far more pleasant -- and safer -- use experience.
I could not agree more.

Interesting that he preferred the metal roof for the better heat resistance and better sound proofing. It may be why I never understood the complaints by some about wind noise and overall interior noise levels.

Interesting that he preferred the metal roof for the better heat resistance and better sound proofing. It may be why I never understood the complaints by some about wind noise and overall interior noise levels.
I also found this interesting. For me at 6’-4” having the glass roof opened up a whole new world. It is one of my favorite features whenever I drive. I guess after decades of driving I didn’t realize how claustrophobic a metal auto roof was. Not only has my GT provided me with renewed driving pleasure (both performance and handling), an environment where my other 6’+ family members can join me in comfort, but it has opened the skies around me to add greater enjoyment as I cruise down the highway and through the mountains. Driving in Yosemite was never more enjoyable!

I am gobsmacked by how the Lucid turned out to be the best automobile in the world right out of the gate.

gobsmacked.

I was too late to get on the Dream Edition list, but reading about what these lucky few went through while the software got sorted, I probably would have lost my mind... The moderators on this site would have banned me on my first post. I don't manage stress well.

Building a Lucid is rocket science (watching Peter's videos with mouth agape).. I am way impressed they have so few bugs.

Mercury 7 astronauts watched every rocket blow up until Alan Shepard pissed his pants just sitting on the launch pad.

I would buy another in a heartbeat, if the wife would let me.

well-done Lucid team.

Back