San Diego owners?

I decided to take the Harley for a spin today and go visit the car. Apparently, in the Model X, they remove the overhead panel when tinting the windshield. They don't want to do it with my car for fear of not knowing what they are going to find. I'm fine with that. Starting PPF today and confident that I will pick up at the end of day on Friday. Hope to take it back to Cars and Coffee in RSF again on Saturday with it all nicely wrapped and shiny.

It’s very interesting that this shop agreed or offered to tint the front windshield of a Model X.

I took our Model Xs to 5 Point Auto Detail in Kearny Mesa. With both cars they declined to tint the windshield since they didn’t have a way of applying it without having a seam break up that vast expanse of glass. I stopped thinking about tinting the front windshield on our Model Xs. Instead I’ve found the overhead screen provided by Tesla to be adequate protection during the summer months of the year.

Hello, All.

I took my parents and a friend with me on the test drive I scheduled with “Christina” at UTC. I was so vastly impressed with the way the white AGT drove that I didn’t notice that the car was missing several “driver assistance” features that I have come to take for granted on the Tesla Model S and Model X.

I came away from the test drive liking the AGT very much, but not LOVING it. Not enough to make me decide to confirm my order right away.

Well, it’s been several weeks since our test drive. In light of Lucid’s recent announcement regarding price increases, I feel compelled to move. Also, and counterintuitively, I’ve come to love the idea of owning and driving an AGT. The car really is that impressive and I dare say it will be my “forever car.” Historically I’ve bought cars brand new and then kept them for well over a decade.

I’ll be confirming my order some time this week. That much is for sure.

Hello, All.

I took my parents and a friend with me on the test drive I scheduled with “Christina” at UTC. I was so vastly impressed with the way the white AGT drove that I didn’t notice that the car was missing several “driver assistance” features that I have come to take for granted on the Tesla Model S and Model X.

I came away from the test drive liking the AGT very much, but not LOVING it. Not enough to make me decide to confirm my order right away.

Well, it’s been several weeks since our test drive. In light of Lucid’s recent announcement regarding price increases, I feel compelled to move. Also, and counterintuitively, I’ve come to love the idea of owning and driving an AGT. The car really is that impressive and I dare say it will be my “forever car.” Historically I’ve bought cars brand new and then kept them for well over a decade.

What was missing on your test drive car that you have on your S and X?

Hello, All.

Congrats my man - def not gonna regret this decision!

Hello, All.

I’m looking forward to eventually getting the car. Reserved 13 months ago, confirmed over 5 months ago and still waiting…..

I think you will love it. I did get a test drive, finally, the week SD got their test car. Loved the drive.

What was missing on your test drive car that you have on your S and X?

The big one - Autosteer. Tesla Autosteer combined with Tesla Adaptive Cruise Control have become indispensable on my 141 mile commute to work. This is counterintuitive, but allowing the car to steer itself frees up my attention and widens my field of view. Consequently I arrive at work, or back home, less exhausted - and less grumpy.

The other big one - Auto Lane Change. This feature too, though less used than the above, is also a marvelous add-on to Tesla’s driver assistance features.

In descending order of importance:

Dashcam and Sentry Mode

Lucid High Power Wall Charger for home use.

I won’t whinge about Lucid’s navigation system because I didn’t get to test it - but I do wonder if it incorporates such things as real time traffic conditions and the like. It took a while, but Tesla eventually added this too, to their navigation system, and over time it’s gotten more reliable and more sophistcated.

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to eventually getting the car. Reserved 13 months ago, confirmed over 5 months ago and still waiting…..

I think you will love it. I did get a test drive, finally, the week SD got their test car. Loved the drive.
Congrats my man - def not gonna regret this decision!

Thank you! I’ll certainly add my details to the GT tracker once I confirm my order. I don’t think I’ll be regretting my decision either. I particularly favour that dark red paint.

Went to Cars and Coffee in Rancho Santa Fe again this morning and had a great response. Best one was from a guy who is 6'6" and built wide as well. He could not believe how well he fit into the car. He has a top of the line Porsche SUV and doesn't fit. I firmly believe he will be ordering at GTP very soon. I also saw a Gold DE drive past without stopping. It was the first time I've seen a Lucid other than my own on the road. I'm told that there are 10 Dream Editions in San Diego in addition to the GT's that are here. I had no idea. I heard that from the tech that came to my house. I have a little rattle coming from the rear deck being addressed, along with a gap issue for the frunk. It is touching the trim around it when opening and closing. Parts are being ordered and hopefully all will be handled here at my home next week.

Went to Cars and Coffee in Rancho Santa Fe again this morning and had a great response. Best one was from a guy who is 6'6" and built wide as well. He could not believe how well he fit into the car. He has a top of the line Porsche SUV and doesn't fit. I firmly believe he will be ordering at GTP very soon. I also saw a Gold DE drive past without stopping. It was the first time I've seen a Lucid other than my own on the road. I'm told that there are 10 Dream Editions in San Diego in addition to the GT's that are here. I had no idea. I heard that from the tech that came to my house. I have a little rattle coming from the rear deck being addressed, along with a gap issue for the frunk. It is touching the trim around it when opening and closing. Parts are being ordered and hopefully all will be handled here at my home next week.

I hope to have the bragging rights to the “First To Own a Lucid Air” award, down here in Chula Juana. I can’t wait.

I hope to have the bragging rights to the “First To Own a Lucid Air” award, down here in Chula Juana. I can’t wait.
There are far more vehicles in the area than there are people in this SD forum. Hate to say it buy you might not already be the first, but I'm rooting for you.

Hey, all.

I just got a call from my DA, Joey Petersen. Quite unexpected. He reached out to me unsolicited, about a week ahead of our scheduled phone appointment next week.

Joey told me that when my car becomes available for delivery, it would be prepped in Costa Mesa and then delivered via flatbed to my home in Chula Vista.

Is this how it has gone for Lucid owners in San Diego County? Has anyone just driven up to Costa Mesa and picked up the car themselves?

According to my DA, there’s a good chance that by the time my car is ready, there will already be a service centre in San Diego, whereupon I could take delivery there. But as things stand right now, the car will be delivered directly to my house.

Last edited:
Hey, all.

I just got a call from my DA, Joey Peterson. Quite unexpected. He reached out to me unsolicited, about a week ahead of our scheduled phone appointment next week.

Joey told me that when my car becomes available for delivery, it would be prepped in Costa Mesa and then delivered via flatbed to my home in Chula Vista.

Is this how it has gone for Lucid owners in San Diego County? Has anyone just driven up to Costa Mesa and picked up the car themselves?

According to my DA, there’s a good chance that by the time my car is ready, there will already be a service centre in San Diego, whereupon I could take delivery there. But as things stand right now, the car will be delivered directly to my house.
I picked up in Costa Mesa. They sent a car for me.

I picked up in Costa Mesa. They sent a car for me.

They did? I’d be happy to be driven up to Costa Mesa to pick up my car, if Lucid provided the car. I’m thinking there would be less risk of cosmetic damage to the car if it were not transported. I’ll ask for a car to be provided, the next time my DA and I talk. Thanks for your information.

Hello from Poway. Probably waiting until the end of this year or the beginning of next year for my GT, grey/Tahoe with 20” wheels.

They did? I’d be happy to be driven up to Costa Mesa to pick up my car, if Lucid provided the car. I’m thinking there would be less risk of cosmetic damage to the car if it were not transported. I’ll ask for a car to be provided, the next time my DA and I talk. Thanks for your information.
They even Ubered paperwork to me the night before because my wife is also a signer and wasn’t going to be available at pickup.

Hey, all.

I just got a call from my DA, Joey Petersen. Quite unexpected. He reached out to me unsolicited, about a week ahead of our scheduled phone appointment next week.

I was told that I will need to go to Costa Mesa, but that was when I confirmed my order 7 months ago

Back