San Diego owners?

I’m in Mission Viejo and would make the cruise down. If I ever get a VIN for our black AGT Santa Cruz from 30 Nov….
You and me both are waiting for that VIN from the 11/30 batch!

My guy didn't want to tint the windows. He said the inside glass rubs against the rubber and the tint will get scratched. Let me know what your tint guy says. Thanks.
Got mine tinted, no issues with rubbing or anything.

Some have reported that the door panels have to be loosened/taken off to apply tinting to the side windows and your installer may have come up with the rubbing/scratching of the tint excuse because he did not want the liability of possibly damaging the doors.

I’m not planning to tint the windows. The side windows don’t appear to be as large, height wise, than our other cars so I don’t think the sun will be as much of an issue. Plus they are already UV blocking.
the car is in for wrapping/coating this week - I decided to hold on the tint... purely because I don’t know that they are needed (for heat). Decided to give it a try first without, then decide

the car is in for wrapping/coating this week - I decided to hold on the tint... purely because I don’t know that they are needed (for heat). Decided to give it a try first without, then decide
True, i decided to do mine not for the heat, but to darken the back windows some for more privacy. Extra heat rejection was just a bonus

My fellows San Diegans, sorry if this has been asked already and I just missed it, but any local wrapping businesses that you guys have had good experiences with? I was going to go to OCDetailing due to previous forum recommendations but figured there’s probably someone local who is just as good?

My fellows San Diegans, sorry if this has been asked already and I just missed it, but any local wrapping businesses that you guys have had good experiences with? I was going to go to OCDetailing due to previous forum recommendations but figured there’s probably someone local who is just as good?
I was recommended Auto Armor. Got a quote but no car yet. . @ashoka8350 used Tint World and @Steve11ca was going to use Sun Diego Auto Spa, I believe.

I felt comfortable dropping the car off this morning based on the Ferrari, Aston Martin, Mercedes and others already being worked on. Going with tint all the way around, including windshield. Hard to say goodbye for 10 days though. :(

I felt comfortable dropping the car off this morning based on the Ferrari, Aston Martin, Mercedes and others already being worked on. Going with tint all the way around, including windshield. Hard to say goodbye for 10 days though. :(
Nice! Do they do referrals? We are considering locations and if they do have a referral program, I can say you sent me if we decide to use them. DM me if so

Nice! Do they do referrals? We are considering locations and if they do have a referral program, I can say you sent me if we decide to use them. DM me if so
Not that I'm aware of, but I appreciate you asking. I would swing by to check out their operation. I was very pleasantly surprised by what I saw this morning.

Wow, 10 days is a lot...

5 to 7 business days, so late next week. That’s for PPF, ceramic and tint all the way around.

10days? They told me it was something like a 5-day process.or is it longer because of the tint?

10days? They told me it was something like a 5-day process.or is it longer because of the tint?
Depends on the shop but 2 days for ppf, 3 days for ceramic after that and then 1 day for tint. They could possibly do tint at the same time as ppf

Starting this thread for Lucid owners in San Diego. Hoping to have my GT in the next month or two. There are at least two DE owners in the area, but unsure as to who else might want to connect.
I just confirmed my Lucid AGT but changed initial silver/mojave to white / tahoe in part due to "third quarter" availability for silver (although when I test drove at UTC they said early 2023) but also liked the appearance of test drive vehicle. Now i just wait and hopefully will get it in next 3 months

Back