SA Contacted me

Thehack

Verified Owner
Cars
Volvo XC 90 T8
Getting closer. Not that anyone is listening in this neck of the woods it seems.

SA (Studio Advisor) contacted me this weekend. Maybe I do not have a "DA" as people have been talking about. Anyway, he mentioned that I should be able to confirm my order in about 2 weeks, and possibly have delivery 3 months after that.

FYI, no financing options in Canada yet it sounds like (This may change he said). However, funds are not due until delivery of vehicle it sounds like. I have contacted my bank, but I know the rate from them is not going to be anywhere near what I could get through some other incentivised company. I know the Bank of America deal the people in the US were getting was pretty righteous.

Getting closer. Not that anyone is listening in this neck of the woods it seems.

SA (Studio Advisor) contacted me this weekend. Maybe I do not have a "DA" as people have been talking about. Anyway, he mentioned that I should be able to confirm my order in about 2 weeks, and possibly have delivery 3 months after that.

FYI, no financing options in Canada yet it sounds like (This may change he said). However, funds are not due until delivery of vehicle it sounds like. I have contacted my bank, but I know the rate from them is not going to be anywhere near what I could get through some other incentivised company. I know the Bank of America deal the people in the US were getting was pretty righteous.
You won't get a DA until you confirm your order. SA only for you until then!

Canadian here :)

I was at the Yorkdale Mall showroom. I was told that I’ll be invited to confirm my build in the next few weeks and then it’s 2-3 months after that as everything is being built to order right now.

Congrats! Keep me informed! When did you plant your reservation on the site?

Congrats! Keep me informed! When did you plant your reservation on the site?
November 2021, Air GT - Grey with the Santa Cruz interior and 21s.

I’m going to be selling or trading my Taycan Turbo (can’t handle the interface and issues any longer).

Interesting. My wife was considering the Taycan. I've been contemplating the 21s, but am going to stick with the 19s.

Our entire population represented here! :p

Just had a call from a new SA, this was to check whether I was interested in the GT-P (which I am). They said it won’t cause a delay on my order and they will be calling in the next few weeks to lock my order in. They are targeting the back end of the summer for deliveries in Canada.

Just had a call from a new SA, this was to check whether I was interested in the GT-P (which I am). They said it won’t cause a delay on my order and they will be calling in the next few weeks to lock my order in. They are targeting the back end of the summer for deliveries in Canada.
Dang. My SA said likely deliver by mid July, Early August. Starting to doubt that as I still have not received my email to even confirm my order.

Bank of America for a number of folks was not the best rate. Credit unions offered the best for a number of folks.

BoA was 2.29 when I did mine for 5 years, I did 7 years for 1.99, @borski got BoA down to something like 1.74% with relationship discounts.

I don't know a resource for Canada Credit Union rates. I'd recommend just googling around.

SA just called me and verified all my stuff is correct on my reservation. He seems to think I will be contacted tomorrow for confirmation.

I also booked my test drive for next weekend (not this mother's day weekend)

SA just called me and verified all my stuff is correct on my reservation. He seems to think I will be contacted tomorrow for confirmation.

I also booked my test drive for next weekend (not this mother's day weekend)
So they actually have a test drive unit here in Canada already? My test drive is opportunistic as I'll be in Newport Beach, CA and I have been able to book a drive there.

Supposedly got it a couple of weeks ago (GT). I really doubt I will change my mind, even with all the negativity these days and issues, I still think it beats a Tesla for what I am looking for. Even without the charging infrastructure.

Supposedly got it a couple of weeks ago (GT). I really doubt I will change my mind, even with all the negativity these days and issues, I still think it beats a Tesla for what I am looking for. Even without the charging infrastructure.
Interesting, I'm hoping for them to setup trade-ins and offer the GT-P on the same timeline. Paying tax on only the difference between the Taycan Turbo and the GT-P will be beneficial.

The Air can't possibly be as bad as the litany of issues I've had as an electric Porsche owner... I also feel like the range and performance of the Porsche (not handling) will seem very dated soon and I want to offload it while the 2nd hand value is good. It's definitely one of the more attractive electric vehicles out there so I'll miss it from a looks perspective.

This is my current car:

13.jpg
1(1).jpg

Interesting, I'm hoping for them to setup trade-ins and offer the GT-P on the same timeline. Paying tax on only the difference between the Taycan Turbo and the GT-P will be beneficial.

The Air can't possibly be as bad as the litany of issues I've had as an electric Porsche owner... I also feel like the range and performance of the Porsche (not handling) will seem very dated soon and I want to offload it while the 2nd hand value is good. It's definitely one of the more attractive electric vehicles out there so I'll miss it from a looks perspective.

This is my current car:

View attachment 1943View attachment 1942
This is... really interesting. I need more information as my wife is currently considering the Taycan. Can I ask about the negatives in your experience?

This is... really interesting. I need more information as my wife is currently considering the Taycan. Can I ask about the negatives in your experience?
I have owned four Porsches over the years and my last one was a 2018 Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid. I really loved that car. I was all set to buy a Taycan 4S but at the last minute the Dealer screwed me and I walked. Thank goodness that happened as that led me to my Lucid. Anyway the negatives I found with the Taycan were 1) poor range; 2) terrible headroom and legroom in the rear seat; 3) Seats somewhat stiff and not nearly as comfortable as the Lucid seats. I did like the handling especially with the rear wheel steering, but I have to say, the Lucid handles exceptionally well on windy mountain roads. Maybe not quite as good as the Taycan but unless you are going to track the cars, I doubt the difference will be significant for most drivers. Bottom line is even the Turbo S version can't really compete with my Lucid Dream P, especially since it is significantly more expensive.

Bank of America for a number of folks was not the best rate. Credit unions offered the best for a number of folks.

BoA was 2.29 when I did mine for 5 years, I did 7 years for 1.99, @borski got BoA down to something like 1.74% with relationship discounts.

I don't know a resource for Canada Credit Union rates. I'd recommend just googling around.

1.54% :)

Back