Rivian Neutral Incident - Edmunds

25%? Idk how you drive, but certainly not the case here with my GT. Just out of curiosity, why order a car you are already disappointed in without owning it? You have two great EVs.
Never used adaptive regen brakes, but I personally don’t like that concept as much as the one pedal driving of this car or my previous MS. To each their own I suppose!
Dear Colt, it’s a bit of a negative jump to conclude I’m disappointed in the car because I have some concerns, Im obviously am not in that I ordered the car, I’m a car lover, to me cars are modern kinetic sculptures. Beautiful and complex, I’m glad to hear you think 75% is to low, I’ve read many owners get around this number with out conscious effort to squeeze out more, what range are you getting in “normal “ everyday driving?

Dear Colt, it’s a bit of a negative jump to conclude I’m disappointed in the car because I have some concerns, Im obviously am not in that I ordered the car, I’m a car lover, to me cars are modern kinetic sculptures. Beautiful and complex, I’m glad to hear you think 75% is to low, I’ve read many owners get around this number with out conscious effort to squeeze out more, what range are you getting in “normal “ everyday driving?
I average 4.2 mi/kWH for my everyday driving, or about 91% of epa. I am on 19” wheels just to clarify!
I do absolutely think you should get the vehicle, it just seemed like you were being a bit negative from the start. But as a car lover, you will enjoy this car!

Last edited:
On my iX which is epa rated at 316 I think, I frequently get 325 to 340 without any effort, fast starts, Onlt adaptive regen brakes, I leave it set to free wheel coast, except when it needs to break then the regen comes on. My Taycan Turbo rated at 212 always gets between 250 and 280 depending on how aggressive I drive. I’m a little disappointed to find out the air will fall 25% short of the PA ratings.
Same here. We recently took a 335 mile trip in the IX and had 10% left upon arrival.

I average 4.2 mi/kWH for my everyday driving, or about 91% of epa. I am on 19” wheels just to clarify!
I do absolutely think you should get the vehicle, it just seemed like you were being a bit negative from the start. But as a car lover, you will enjoy this car!
Same here. I drive in sprint mode 75 % of the time, blast the music, crank the AC and still have not come close losing 25% efficiency. The reason I ride it hard and put it away wet is because I can. Any other EV would have virtually unusable range on a long trip driving it this way.

It’s well known the German EVs all exceed EPA, while US 5 cycle test don’t meet EPA. You definitely should not get a Lucid if you’re disappointed that even were it to only get 75% EPA it would still go 150 miles further than your Taycan and be a faster roomier car.
I concur and that is why I test drove the IX. But, alas, even with my cataract surgery the IX is simply too butt ugly. And I am a serial BMW driver.

I concur and that is why I test drove the IX. But, alas, even with my cataract surgery the IX is simply too butt ugly. And I am a serial BMW driver.
😂 I want to love the iX so much. My fiancé needs an SUV and I currently have one of the first build slots from Boardwalk Lotus for an Eletre but I love new cars so have been looking at all available SUVs. Not a fan of the R1S, the iX is perfect in every facet except those damn beaver teeth. The EQS isn’t bad, range on the 580 is just too low for me, no on a Model X, just waiting on the Gravity to see pricing and specs. May just move ahead with the Eletre and if we like the Gravity more when it comes around, sell the Eletre. I do wish the BMW design team would tone it down so I could like the iX more though..

😂 I want to love the iX so much. My fiancé needs an SUV and I currently have one of the first build slots from Boardwalk Lotus for an Eletre but I love new cars so have been looking at all available SUVs. Not a fan of the R1S, the iX is perfect in every facet except those damn beaver teeth. The EQS isn’t bad, range on the 580 is just too low for me, no on a Model X, just waiting on the Gravity to see pricing and specs. May just move ahead with the Eletre and if we like the Gravity more when it comes around, sell the Eletre. I do wish the BMW design team would tone it down so I could like the iX more though..
My backup to the Lucid in case anything goes wrong with Lucid is the Cadillac Lyriq AWD. Have you considered that (availability will be an issue however)?

My backup to the Lucid in case anything goes wrong with Lucid is the Cadillac Lyriq AWD. Have you considered that (availability will be an issue however)?
Great point, and yes the availability of it holds me back. Love the look of it though!

The Polestar 3 and Volvo EX90 should be out next year too. Polestar premieres this Wednesday and Volvo next month.
I am actually intrigued by the polestar 3, I’ll be watching that premier this week!

hahahaha yes! but, We are into month three of ownership and we learned to approach the car from the back and or the sides. Wife keeps making fun of it as well, but although we have a choice of three cars, she always jumps in the IX for long trips. Smooth, quiet and very efficient. Unlike our early 5 series hybrid that spent more time in the shop than on the road, the IX is also bullet proof.

I am actually intrigued by the polestar 3, I’ll be watching that premier this week!
Same here. I’m very curious of the look. Knowing Polestar 2, I’m going to assume it’s small cabin 5 seaters SUV.

Same here. I’m very curious of the look. Knowing Polestar 2, I’m going to assume it’s small cabin 5 seaters SUV.
Pretty sure it's supposed to be a mid size SUV, being built on the same platform as the EX90 (which is the electric equivalent of the XC90, which has 6-7 seats depending on configuration). The Polestar 4 is supposed to be the compact SUV, followed by the 5 (high end sedan based on the Precept concept) and 6 (convertible).

Pretty sure it's supposed to be a mid size SUV, being built on the same platform as the EX90 (which is the electric equivalent of the XC90, which has 6-7 seats depending on configuration). The Polestar 4 is supposed to be the compact SUV, followed by the 5 (high end sedan based on the Precept concept) and 6 (convertible).
This is interesting. I know these Polestar 3 will be built in USA and thus qualified for Fed Tax credit. Leveraging from Volvo experience, processes and parts, Polestars can build and deliver cars way faster than Lucid, Rivian and Tesla. But I’m very bias in design, except the center console, Lucid has the best overall cabin design over any EV models out there.

Same here. I drive in sprint mode 75 % of the time, blast the music, crank the AC and still have not come close losing 25% efficiency. The reason I ride it hard and put it away wet is because I can. Any other EV would have virtually unusable range on a long trip driving it this way.
I love hearing this, very reassuring, no one really needs 500 miles of range unless you’re on a serious road trip so all I want is a good reliable 400 for 25 driving it in a spirited way and it sounds like I’ll get that. I appreciate your information.

hahahaha yes! but, We are into month three of ownership and we learned to approach the car from the back and or the sides. Wife keeps making fun of it as well, but although we have a choice of three cars, she always jumps in the IX for long trips. Smooth, quiet and very efficient. Unlike our early 5 series hybrid that spent more time in the shop than on the road, the IX is also bullet proof.
I know this is a little off topic, but I love the IX. It’s smooth quiet powerful enough extremely luxurious inside and I think Bmw did a great job with this car. oh, and let’s not forget the bowers and Wilkins top optional stereo is the finest stereo system I’ve ever heard in any car, and I’ve had a lot of really high-end cars to choose from. Great audio, not good but great audio is very exciting to me and this is the best system I’ve ever heard on any luxury car.

I know this is a little off topic, but I love the IX. It’s smooth quiet powerful enough extremely luxurious inside and I think Bmw did a great job with this car. oh, and let’s not forget the bowers and Wilkins top optional stereo is the finest stereo system I’ve ever heard in any car, and I’ve had a lot of really high-end cars to choose from. Great audio, not good but great audio is very exciting to me and this is the best system I’ve ever heard on any luxury car.
Then you’re gonna love the lucid.

Back