Rivian Neutral Incident - Edmunds

Don’t feel bad people who accidentally shifted their Lucid to neutral. Happens to testers too haha, still scary though!

Oh great, I’m totally going to screw up when I get my R1S! I drove my wife’s car today and turned on the wipers when I was trying to back out of the driveway. I’ll take that over putting my GT into neutral when I tried to turn on the wipers after I first got it. Really glad I didn’t call customer service to log in a bricking event. 😂

Oh great, I’m totally going to screw up when I get my R1S! I drove my wife’s car today and turned on the wipers when I was trying to back out of the driveway. I’ll take that over putting my GT into neutral when I tried to turn on the wipers after I first got it. Really glad I didn’t call customer service to log in a bricking event. 😂
Same here. Keep turning on the wipers on the IX. The good news is that pushing down for D the Ix wipes the screen only once. Been driving our R1T now for four months and love the simplicity of the cruise. You are going to love your R1S, and if for some reason you manage to put it in Neutral while driving (I tried it after I saw the post, and it is not an easy thing to do) just push the selector back down to go back to D. While driving, I do find the highlighted drive letter to be rather small. Same goes for the regen indicator next to it. Some of the functions, such as the H (hold) and P (park) do grow in size so as to draw the driver's attention.

Attachments

• Rivian  drive indicator.jpg
    Rivian drive indicator.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 66
Same here. Keep turning on the wipers on the IX. The good news is that pushing down for D the Ix wipes the screen only once. Been driving our R1T now for four months and love the simplicity of the cruise. You are going to love your R1S, and if for some reason you manage to put it in Neutral while driving (I tried it after I saw the post, and it is not an easy thing to do) just push the selector back down to go back to D. While driving, I do find the highlighted drive letter to be rather small. Same goes for the regen indicator next to it. Some of the functions, such as the H (hold) and P (park) do grow in size so as to draw the driver's attention.
Oh good, glad it’s easy to get back into drive. Hopefully I don’t have to learn the hard way.

How close to EPA range estimate are you getting?

You have a Plaid, DE, R1T and an iX? Battle of the EVs...

I am averaging around 2.5m/kWh so far. I was surprised to see the car get 2.2m/kWh on the turnpike set at 77MPH. It easily delivers 3m/kWh driving around town. I have a R1S on order but I placed the order after we got the R1S so I don't expect to get it before mid next year. I got lucky with the R1T. Someone refuse to take delivery and I just happened to be be at the right time at the right place.

You have a Plaid, DE, R1T and an iX? Battle of the EVs...
@MikeTz if your house is burning and you can only take one vehicle, which would it be any why? Let’s keep value of the car out if it.

@MikeTz if your house is burning and you can only take one vehicle, which would it be any why? Let’s keep value of the car out if it.
I have a risk adverse personality. The Rivian. The Rivian would be the right vehicle to clean up the mess left behind from the house burning down.

I have a risk adverse personality. The Rivian. The Rivian would be the right vehicle to clean up the mess left behind from the house burning down.
Nice answer! I was wondering if you were going to get practical with that.

What?!?!?!?!
We didn’t just have the same Air GT specs, we ordered the same R1S as well?! You are like my parallel universe. 🤣

What?!?!?!?!
We didn’t just have the same Air GT specs, we ordered the same R1S as well?! You are like my parallel universe. 🤣
Wait what? Let me guess, blue?

I honest don’t remember it was blue, green ir yellow. But it doesn’t matter. SA will call you for configuration again when it is time. Rivian doesn’t have ordered spec page like Lucid does. When did you order yours? I ordered mine in July 2022.

I ordered mine the first part of 2021. When I placed my order I did configure it with white. I think it is done differently now, as you mentioned. When I get the call up, I’m hoping to get either blue or white.

Here is my configuration. I actually downgraded the interior from Ocean Mist when they announced that it could delay delivery. It didn’t seem to get me my car quicker, so I may go back to Ocean Mist if I get the option.

Attachments

• 1665201796062.png
    1665201796062.png
    218.8 KB · Views: 71
No details, only an agreement stating order does not constitute their obligation to sell to me nor vice versa I am committed to purchase. My wife wants white, I want something more fun like blue or yellow. (I changed my mind about green after seeing a green R1T close up in person last week at EA station)

F99492DC-2254-48D7-8CA2-664E50CA40AA.jpeg

I was told Q4 of 2023 expectation. This would be more as my wife’s car. Her favorite car of all time is Honda Odyssey. When is your ETA?

No details, only an agreement stating order does not constitute their obligation to sell to me nor vice versa I am committed to purchase. My wife wants white, I want something more fun like blue or yellow. (I changed my mind about green after seeing a green R1T close up in person last week at EA station)

View attachment 5297
I was told Q4 of 2023 expectation. This would be more as my wife’s car. Her favorite car of all time is Honda Odyssey. When is your ETA?
I’m pretty sure you are my doppelgänger. This will be my wife’s car and she wants white, but I want blue!

I think we are all supposed to receive an update in our profiles by month’s end. The last one I received said early 2023. They are firing on all cylinders (that expression is becoming obsolete), so I think they will hit both of our estimates.

Oh good, glad it’s easy to get back into drive. Hopefully I don’t have to learn the hard way.

How close to EPA range estimate are you getting?
On my iX which is epa rated at 316 I think, I frequently get 325 to 340 without any effort, fast starts, Onlt adaptive regen brakes, I leave it set to free wheel coast, except when it needs to break then the regen comes on. My Taycan Turbo rated at 212 always gets between 250 and 280 depending on how aggressive I drive. I’m a little disappointed to find out the air will fall 25% short of the PA ratings.

On my iX which is epa rated at 316 I think, I frequently get 325 to 340 without any effort, fast starts, Onlt adaptive regen brakes, I leave it set to free wheel coast, except when it needs to break then the regen comes on. My Taycan Turbo rated at 212 always gets between 250 and 280 depending on how aggressive I drive. I’m a little disappointed to find out the air will fall 25% short of the PA ratings.
25%? Idk how you drive, but certainly not the case here with my GT. Just out of curiosity, why order a car you are already disappointed in without owning it? You have two great EVs.
Never used adaptive regen brakes, but I personally don’t like that concept as much as the one pedal driving of this car or my previous MS. To each their own I suppose!

It’s well known the German EVs all exceed EPA, while US 5 cycle test don’t meet EPA. You definitely should not get a Lucid if you’re disappointed that even were it to only get 75% EPA it would still go 150 miles further than your Taycan and be a faster roomier car.

It’s well known the German EVs all exceed EPA, while US 5 cycle test don’t meet EPA. You definitely should not get a Lucid if you’re disappointed that even were it to only get 75% EPA it would still go 150 miles further than your Taycan and be a faster roomier car.

I'm sorry this is unrelated, but, I think you were mentioned in a press or internet article.

Back