Lucid hit piece from this forum

Bunnylebowski

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT Black/Tahoe/19"

Hey you disingenuous controversy stoking troglodyte who wrote this, how come you ignored 100% of the positive things I said about the car, and also that that temporary power drop turtle mode I had got better and never returned and I have 8,000 miles on the car? I know why, it’s because you deliberately omit things to get clicks. I’m sure the NY Post is hiring, they love your kind of scum there.

While I don’t want to draw attention to that garbage site who has mostly been hating on Lucid since it’s inception, might be prudent here to realize excessive negativity gets used by those with malevolent intentions.

Last edited:
maybe the mods can work something out internally where if enough proof were submitted, they would label users as reporters, mouthpiece, etc

What spectacularly poor "journalism".

I’d say that this kind of things is surely not unanticipated by Lucid.
This is a multi-billion company and they must have a competent PR dep to handle it in their own ways.

We can’t have it both ways unfortunately. No one was complaining when all the stories about Lucid were positive when we all knew that there were issues with software and it seemed to be deliberately left out of stories.

The article is horribly written but maybe if the mainstream media and reviewers actually reported the good and the bad then these hit pieces wouldn’t occur. It’s annoying to see and even more annoying that a pic of my car is in the article but again, if true reporting was actually done in the first place this could’ve been avoided.

We can’t have it both ways unfortunately. No one was complaining when all the stories about Lucid were positive when we all knew that there were issues with software and it seemed to be deliberately left out of stories.

The article is horribly written but maybe if the mainstream media and reviewers actually reported the good and the bad then these hit pieces wouldn’t occur. It’s annoying to see and even more annoying that a pic of my car is in the article but again, if true reporting was actually done in the first place this could’ve been avoided.
Did you give permission to use your car picture?

Hey you disingenuous controversy stoking troglodyte who wrote this, how come you ignored 100% of the positive things I said about the car, and also that that temporary power drop turtle mode I had got better and never returned and I have 8,000 miles on the car? I know why, it’s because you deliberately omit things to get clicks. I’m sure the NY Post is hiring, they love your kind of scum there.

While I don’t want to draw attention to that garbage site who has mostly been hating on Lucid since it’s inception, might be prudent here to realize excessive negativity gets used by those with malevolent intentions.
Even when you are mad, I learn from you. Before today I didn’t even know what a troglodyte was.

Seriously though, that is some bullshit trolling.

Did you give permission to use your car picture?
No but it was posted in here so guess it’s fair game.

It also showed up on LucidInsider as well without my permission.

Oops, my blank statement to your reply was done in error. The article is so poorly written, it is cringeworthy. But Bunny, I do want to thank you for expanding my armamentarium of insults to include troglodytes. It will come in handy.

Uh, AutoEvolution has been a spreader of Lucid FUD since the birth of Lucid. That they just took a bunch of anonymous sources (us) without our permission with the singular goal of out of context negativity to spread controversy and increase viewership is not the fault of lack of even-handed reporting on the car. I’m surprised you’ve talked yourself into believing that kind of narrative.

In any case because of these tactics and my desire to not be used to attack the car which I actually like quite a lot, and is the best car I’ve ever owned (and so far has had fewer problems than my Mercedes or wife’s Subaru), I will no longer discuss any car “issue” in this forum since if I said “my car screen died briefly but a reboot fixed it”, what will get reported is “my car screen died”, and I don’t want to be used to misrepresent Lucid, who are actively trying to improve an already awesome car and don’t deserve the shit flinging deliberately misconstrued trash in the link above.

Uh, AutoEvolution has been a spreader of Lucid FUD since the birth of Lucid. That they just took a bunch of anonymous sources (us) without our permission with the singular goal of out of context negativity to spread controversy and increase viewership is not the fault of lack of even-handed reporting on the car. I’m surprised you’ve talked yourself into believing that kind of narrative.

In any case because of these tactics and my desire to not be used to attack the car which I actually like quite a lot, and is the best car I’ve ever owned (and so far has had fewer problems than my Mercedes or wife’s Subaru), I will no longer discuss any car “issue” in this forum since if I said “my car screen died briefly but a reboot fixed it”, what will get reported is “my car screen died”, and I don’t want to be used to misrepresent Lucid, who are actively trying to improve an already awesome car and don’t deserve the shit flinging deliberately misconstrued trash in the link above.
It is unfortunate that information cannot be shared here without negative consequences. When people are having issues with the car, this should be an information gathering and problem solving site, but for many, it is a venting forum.
Even minor problems sometimes get blown way out of proportion, in my opinion.
If it wasn’t for this forum, I would be a giant bumbling technologically challenged idiot with the car, but I am not. I love the damn car and have not had any issues at all . Today I took another friend for a drive and hit him with the g-force. The screams were loud and the excitement was palpable. It’s a fantastic piece of machinery and most people probably feel that way. A few don’t because of unfortunate issues that will undoubtedly become less frequent over time.

I’m surprised you’ve talked yourself into believing that kind of narrative.
I take what’s written these days with a grain of salt because a story is either all rainbows and unicorns or all doom and gloom with the truth sitting in the middle somewhere. Every media outlet has an agenda, good or bad.

I knew more about the software issues from this forum before buying the car than what was ever reported by all the reviewers and that’s not right either.

Everyone is a wannabe reporter these days and this article is just some try hard trying to get clicks which you helped by posting the link, lol! It’s sad that everything is click bait these days. It all comes down to how people read these articles. Hopefully the smart ones know not to believe all the crap articles or all the positive articles 100% because everyone has an agenda.

At the end of the day the Lucid has issues but even with those issues I still believe the pros outweigh the cons. It’s also why I didn’t take up Lucid’s offer for a refund when they had my car for an extended period of time. My PPF guy said the paint was better than what he saw on a Tesla and was built better than a Tesla.

It is unfortunate that information cannot be shared here without negative consequences. When people are having issues with the car, this should be an information gathering and problem solving site, but for many, it is a venting forum.
Even minor problems sometimes get blown way out of proportion, in my opinion.
If it wasn’t for this forum, I would be a giant bumbling technologically challenged idiot with the car, but I am not. I love the damn car and have not had any issues at all . Today I took another friend for a drive and hit him with the g-force. The screams were loud and the excitement was palpable. It’s a fantastic piece of machinery and most people probably feel that way. A few don’t because of unfortunate issues that will undoubtedly become less frequent over time.
Exactly. Too bad the author of the above article ignored the repeated favorable accounts like most have mentioned on this forum and made it sound like Lucid is a blazing dumpster fire.

Exactly. Too bad the author of the above article ignored the repeated favorable accounts like most have mentioned on this forum and made it sound like Lucid is a blazing dumpster fire.
In the end, anything written, whether it be automotive, health, political, whatever…has to be taken with a degree of skepticism. So much polarity these days. Those of us accustomed to reading medical or technical publications can pretty much see through the agenda. The rest will continue to believe late night informercials. Don’t beat yourself up Bunny. Your contributions are greatly appreciated here…and troglodytes will eventually succumb to evolution.

In the end, anything written, whether it be automotive, health, political, whatever…has to be taken with a degree of skepticism. So much polarity these days. Those of us accustomed to reading medical or technical publications can pretty much see through the agenda. The rest will continue to believe late night informercials. Don’t beat yourself up Bunny. Your contributions are greatly appreciated here…and troglodytes will eventually succumb to evolution.
Yes, even peer-reviewed journals have had to issue retractions.

I know I am holding Lucid and the Air to a high standard and I have a few issues thus far (software related), but it is by far the most incredible automobile i have owned or been in. Keep in mind with social media and even forums, everything is under the microscope.
Imagine what it would be like if we had the same forum for (insert 2016 vehicle here). It would be insane and in most cases there were little or no software updates to fix anything, let alone provide new features.
In my opinion, the Lucid Air has no peers. The Tesla Model S is fine and all but it remains stark and they ride hard in comparison. They are both ev sedans… the comparison stops there for me.

While I don’t want to draw attention to that garbage site who has mostly been hating on Lucid since its inception, might be prudent here to realize excessive negativity gets used by those with malevolent intentions.

Well said.

NY Post is a good solution to the next pandemic TP problem.

I like this idea from my neighbor, @Minnesota Mike

Add a copyright to your signature reserving all rights to personal use, with no quotations allowed without express permission.

No but it was posted in here so guess it’s fair game.

It also showed up on LucidInsider as well without my permission.
Having posted images in a public space does not cancel your personal copyright to the image. Issue a takedown order. Charge them a fee for violating your copyright. Make them steal someone else’s image. Then we’ll do it all again with their new victim. They’ve gotta learn to understand copyright law eventually.

It’s just not cool to post my handle and picture and lumped all the problems. I’ve said many times my PPF guys weee impressed Lucid Air has much better paint job than hundreds of Tesla they wrapped over the years. The opposite was covered in the article instead. It’s not really journalism if it’s not telling truth and showing full scope of variance. I didn’t even read any disclaimers in the article. Poor piece of journalism. The writer better off look for another profession, he won’t last.

Back