Lucid hit piece from this forum

I have a simple set of rules for news. No TV. Newspapers only (digitally, of course, via RSS feed). No op ed pieces.

Basically, just the facts. Reports of events. Zero commentary or opinion.

Then I do this weird thing where I think about what I just read and form my own opinions?

Strange concept, I know.

You madman. Get out of here with that level-headed nonsense.

I have a simple set of rules for news. No TV. Newspapers only (digitally, of course, via RSS feed). No op ed pieces.

Basically, just the facts. Reports of events. Zero commentary or opinion.

Then I do this weird thing where I think about what I just read and form my own opinions?

Strange concept, I know.

This is a rational way to get news, but if you are seeking complete lack of bias in news to the point of avoiding op-end pieces, you still have to know something about the newspaper's editorial policies in terms of what stories they choose to report and how they determine the prominence they give them in the layout. Newspapers have a very long history of being extremely political in their viewpoints and polemical in their reporting, going back to England well before the American Revolution.

Newspapers played a key role in disseminating propaganda and inflaming passions in the Hamilton-Burr battles that led to the famous duel. William Randolph Hearst built his yellow journalism legacy on the backs of his newspapers that he used to help ignite the Spanish-American war. On days when there is no major breaking news, you could look at the lead stories in "The Washington Post", "The New York Times", and the "Wall Street Journal" and wonder if they're tracking events on the same planet.

For me, the key to getting a breadth of unbiased news is less about which medium of journalism you choose and more about the editorial policies of the news purveyor you choose -- and the more of them you have time to check out, the better informed you'll be.

This is a rational way to get news, but if you are seeking complete lack of bias in news to the point of avoiding op-end pieces, you still have to know something about the newspaper's editorial policies in terms of what stories they choose to report and how they determine the prominence they give them in the layout. Newspapers have a very long history of being extremely political in their viewpoints and polemical in their reporting, going back to England well before the American Revolution.

Newspapers played a key role in disseminating propaganda and inflaming passions in the Hamilton-Burr battles that led to the famous duel. William Randolph Hearst built his yellow journalism legacy on the backs of his newspapers that he used to help ignite the Spanish-American war. On days when there is no major breaking news, you could look at the lead stories in "The Washington Post", "The New York Times", and the "Wall Street Journal" and wonder if they're tracking events on the same planet.

For me, the key to getting a breadth of unbiased news is less about which medium of journalism you choose and more about the editorial policies of the news purveyor you choose -- and the more of them you have time to check out, the better informed you'll be.
I agree. I don’t watch TV news (hardly watch any TV) but read 3 papers every day plus a couple more when I get a chance. The 3 I read are the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and the NY Post. Hard to get more differing views from those 3. And then I try to separate fact from fiction.

My approach to the news if I have time is to as quickly as possible look into their sources, which generally reveals whether the story is bullshit or not. Most of the time their source is just another unverified article (aka gossip).

Hey you disingenuous controversy stoking troglodyte who wrote this, how come you ignored 100% of the positive things I said about the car, and also that that temporary power drop turtle mode I had got better and never returned and I have 8,000 miles on the car? I know why, it’s because you deliberately omit things to get clicks. I’m sure the NY Post is hiring, they love your kind of scum there.

While I don’t want to draw attention to that garbage site who has mostly been hating on Lucid since it’s inception, might be prudent here to realize excessive negativity gets used by those with malevolent intentions.

That site is pretty anti EV from most of everything ive seen. Its very anti tesla posting almost every hit piece on the company that it can scrub from twitter and reddit. Lucid is just getting swept into that as well as im assuming their reader base is more interested in the classic car content it tends to skew toward. EV=BAD, BIGBLOCK=GOOD

Back