[RESOLVED] Unfortunate circumstances :(

LucidNJ

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
I had an unfortunate lapse in judgment this evening while pulling my AT into the garage. Didn’t realize how close I was to the opening while I was reversing in and my drivers side mirror hit the paneling around the garage. I ended up cracking the housing of my drivers side mirror and the panel on the bottom that covers the camera fell off. Worst part is that I just got my car back from PPF today. I’m so bummed out and figured I’d come on the forum to let out some despair.

Oh damn! That sucks :(

😭

Attachments

• BDCF80D4-C0DF-48AE-836C-2F54AF2E10DC.jpeg
    BDCF80D4-C0DF-48AE-836C-2F54AF2E10DC.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 7F045A0D-347F-4629-A945-4EAA0435CB0F.jpeg
    7F045A0D-347F-4629-A945-4EAA0435CB0F.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 159
Well at lease main nj service center, I believe body shop are in Summit

Sorry about this.
Hopefully the parts will be readily available.

I wish I could just get that panel on the bottom snapped back in. Then at least the car would be driveable. Not a fan of driving around with those wires exposed. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what Lucid says. I placed a call to customer care right after this happened.

I wish I could just get that panel on the bottom snapped back in. Then at least the car would be driveable. Not a fan of driving around with those wires exposed. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what Lucid says. I placed a call to customer care right after this happened.
Duct tape?

So sorry to hear that. Pretty sure we all have been there or close to it. Again, sorry for your Lucid’s injury.

Ouch... Had a close call today backing out. Grazed the trim/seal around the garage opening. Thankfully just superficial scuffing.

Ouch... Had a close call today backing out. Grazed the trim/seal around the garage opening. Thankfully just superficial scuffing.
I think I would have been ok if it was just a graze because my hopefully my PPF would have taken the brunt of that. But alas, it was 1 inch too far.

PPF or not. I think I am going to mothball the Lucid and get a horse. I do wonder if I should put a full blanket on the horse. I would hate to rub it against anything. I am confident that I am next.

I had an unfortunate lapse in judgment this evening while pulling my AT into the garage. Didn’t realize how close I was to the opening while I was reversing in and my drivers side mirror hit the paneling around the garage. I ended up cracking the housing of my drivers side mirror and the panel on the bottom that covers the camera fell off. Worst part is that I just got my car back from PPF today. I’m so bummed out and figured I’d come on the forum to let out some despair.
I have done this is 2-3 cars and the mirror just bent forward. All I had to do was push it back and there was no damage.

I have done this is 2-3 cars and the mirror just bent forward. All I had to do was push it back and there was no damage.
If I was going forward into the garage, no problem. Probably would have just closed the mirror. Issue was that I was reversing my way in so the mirror was pushed backward and therefore in a direction it is not meant to go. Sad face.

Hope you find the parts you need. Apparently spare or replacement parts are in very short supply.

Back