[RESOLVED] Unfortunate circumstances :(

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes and reassurance. Andy with Lucid Mobile Service came out today to fix my mirror and lucky for me, the mirror and electronics were all 100% intact and working. The housing was all that was damaged and the only pieces that needed to be replaced were the black trim around the mirror itself and the black panel underneath where the camera is housed. Those 2 pieces were about $90 in total. Add in the $185 in labor for the mobile service visit, I ended up paying at total of $271. Definitely a lot less than I was anticipating. He did say that had the panel on top of the mirror assembly been broken, this would have been a much longer wait for parts as that is painted to match the color of the vehicle.

Also, just for reference a completely new mirror unit costs about $700 plus labor but they would have had to take my car into the service center to calibrate the new cameras.

Andy was fantastic and finished up everything in about an hour start to finish.

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes and reassurance. Andy with Lucid Mobile Service came out today to fix my mirror and lucky for me, the mirror and electronics were all 100% intact and working. The housing was all that was damaged and the only pieces that needed to be replaced were the black trim around the mirror itself and the black panel underneath where the camera is housed. Those 2 pieces were about $90 in total. Add in the $185 in labor for the mobile service visit, I ended up paying at total of $271. Definitely a lot less than I was anticipating. He did say that had the panel on top of the mirror assembly been broken, this would have been a much longer wait for parts as that is painted to match the color of the vehicle.

Also, just for reference a completely new mirror unit costs about $700 plus labor but they would have had to take my car into the service center to calibrate the new cameras.

Andy was fantastic and finished up everything in about an hour start to finish.
So glad to hear it got fixed up, and fairly inexpensively too!

Love hearing good stories about service.

Back