Replace key?

NormSF

Cars
2022 Lucid Air
Lost my key fob. How do I replace it? Program it?

Lost my key fob. How do I replace it? Program it?
Call service center. They wil come remove your old fob, program a new one and it will cost you $210.

Call service center. They wil come remove your old fob, program a new one and it will cost you $210.
Losing a keyfob is never a good thing. All of them cost a fortune. I never could figure out why.

Losing a keyfob is never a good thing. All of them cost a fortune. I never could figure out why.
I thought $210 was kinda reasonable. Maserati charged me $650 and that was back in 2017.

Once I get home, I plan on seeing if I can clone the fob with my flipper, and then that could store my permanent fob maybe. We’ll see.

Once I get home, I plan on seeing if I can clone the fob with my flipper, and then that could store my permanent fob maybe. We’ll see.
Is it this device? https://flipperzero.one/ … seems kinda cool albeit a little chunky. What uses have you found so far? Would be good to have a clone of both Lucid and Rivian fobs and NFC key cards.

Was told that total of only 5 devices, except the valet card, can be granted access to the car.
We had 3 phones and 2 fobs and couldn’t add another phone or fob.

Was told that total of only 5 devices, except the valet card, can be granted access to the car.
We had 3 phones and 2 fobs and couldn’t add another phone or fob.
Fine, I’ll emulate the valet card lol

Is it this device? https://flipperzero.one/ … seems kinda cool albeit a little chunky. What uses have you found so far? Would be good to have a clone of both Lucid and Rivian fobs and NFC key cards.
Yes.

Now there’s even an “App Store” lol: https://www.theverge.com/2023/7/24/23803600/flipper-zero-app-store-launch

Yes.

Now there’s even an “App Store” lol: https://www.theverge.com/2023/7/24/23803600/flipper-zero-app-store-launch
Cool. Let us know if you can clone the card and key.

If a garage opener is cloned, does that count as new and add 1 to the number of devices ?
Asking because my garage opener is so antiquated and allows very limited access.

If a garage opener is cloned, does that count as new and add 1 to the number of devices ?
Asking because my garage opener is so antiquated and allows very limited access.
I think that Homelink in the Lucid allows up to 15 different devices.

I think that Homelink in the Lucid allows up to 15 different devices.
No problem from the Lucid end. It’s my garage opener that’s the problem.
If I link a new one and exceed its limits, it randomly kicks out one pre-linked device.
Would be ok if it eliminates the oldest accounts, which means cars I don’t own anymore.
When I linked the Lucid, it kicked out a car that we still have.

...When I linked the Lucid, it kicked out a car that we still have.
Once in a while, when adding a new "remote" I've cleared my garage door openers and re-learned everything we own. It's not that troublesome if your opener is at least new enough to have a 'learn' button on the wall switch.

Once in a while, when adding a new "remote" I've cleared my garage door openers and re-learned everything we own. It's not that troublesome if your opener is at least new enough to have a 'learn' button on the wall switch.
Thanks for the excellent suggestion.
I should have done that, prior to adding 3 profiles to the Lucid.
Just didn’t anticipate the random elimination.
May have to set out half a day in the winter to reprogram everything.

Along the same line, wondering If anyone has deleted Homelink in the Lucid and if the instruction in the manual is accurate?

...May have to set out half a day in the winter to reprogram everything.
It doesn't take very long because you're just teaching the garage door opener about the existing remotes you already have, not also cloning new remotes (no need to reprogram each car's homelink etc).

Back