Removal of Alexa in 2.4.x software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, have I missed something? Is Lucid now setup to support Android Auto?
It's in the plans to happen by the end of the year. But before that was announced, @hydbob figured out a way to have AA function in the car. I have this set up in mine now.

Reactions: DJL
While I understand why Lucid abandoned Alexa, I still think they probably should have implemented Google Assistant as a replacement instead of taking this in-house. I doubt Apple would license Siri to them and there are only 3 major mainstream choices in this space. The company only has so many resources at the moment and to burn some of them on a project like this that is reinventing a wheel that's already been perfected by others seems like a waste. When people are used to using Alexa/Google Assistant/Siri and are then served up a seemingly inferior product, dismay ensues. Lucid is GREAT at making vehicle hardware (and presumably the behind the scenes software that underpins it); they aren't that great at the user-facing side of the software...especially when people are used to using polished smartphones that are fast and work well which is where the real bar is actually set in people's minds. I understand they want to do everything in-house for the best cohesive experience in the way they envision it, but there are a few things that perhaps they should leave to others such as voice assistants and mapping software (where companies such as google have had decades to polish and perfect these things). I think they would have been better off with Google maps (or Waze) and Google assistant out of the gate. They also should consider an app store to add even more functionality with other products and services that have already polished their software rather than trying to redo it on their own.

Hopefully they won't try to re-invent it, and instead keep it only to vehicle functionality. With CarPlay and AA implementations, we can just use native Siri or Google Assistant for all of those functions. Since those won't perform vehicle functions, and it isn't that different having Alexa do it and having to write/maintain your skills versus doing your own, seems no different to me. For those who want Alexa similar to Siri or Google Assistant, there's still the Echo Auto for the same basic idea.

Personally, I don't like talking to my devices in general, so - good riddance to a bad crutch in my view.

@mcr16 please take feedback to your Lucid sw dev team to consider bringing back Alexa as an option.
As only a new vehicle owner, I enjoyed the Alexa integration during my test drives. Similar to the original poster, my family member enjoy using Alexa to take turns and play their songs in the vehicle. Alexa is really one of the best integration features of the Lucid connected to an external content ecosystem.

In my case, we will not accept any further OTA updates because we don't wish to lose the Alexa feature. I took delivery of my vehicle last week and the sw is 2.3.10 which works fine and we shall stay at it.

@mcr16 please take feedback to your Lucid sw dev team to consider bringing back Alexa as an option.
As only a new vehicle owner, I enjoyed the Alexa integration during my test drives. Similar to the original poster, my family member enjoy using Alexa to take turns and play their songs in the vehicle. Alexa is really one of the best integration features of the Lucid connected to an external content ecosystem.

In my case, we will not accept any further OTA updates because we don't wish to lose the Alexa feature. I took delivery of my vehicle last week and the sw is 2.3.10 which works fine and we shall stay at it.
Alexa is the thing you’re putting the most importance in?! In this fantastic car, you’re stuck on Alexa. An item that Lucid has no control over and as others have stated, is basically being abandoned by Amazon. Just drive the car. Why on earth is this such a thing?! We get DDPro features that we have been waiting for and excited for for two years, and people are whining about an unnecessary voice assistant?! It’s a new low here on the forum, I’ve gotta say. And good luck with the “not accepting any software updates” thing

Get an Alexa Auto… this will bring back Alexa capabilities. As I previously posted, I had an old Alexa Auto that I set up post 2.4.4, works fine

Reactions: mxp

To be clear, if you do this, you’ll be voiding your warranty as it requires the timely acceptance of OTA updates.

But sure, whatever, you do you, man. :)

Dear @mcr16 plesse tell the software team I’m supremely happy with this 2.4.4 OTA, DDpro works great, the lane change works smoother than when I’ve used it in Tesla and Mercedes, love the cameras going off screen at 6mph, high beam assist works great, and the homelink button is what everyone has been wanting for awhile, so thanks to the software team for their hard work in spite of us not having to pay extra $ for some features like Rivian and German auto makers are doing!

umm sure.. but thats not the use case that i care about.
Ahh. Mixed you up with the one other person who cared about Alexa. They wanted Audible.

It’s worth remembering, folks, that keeping Alexa wasn’t really an option. The automotive version was abandoned by Amazon. Lucid pretty much had to drop it eventually.

You don’t keep a feature that has been shelved by a third party. No sane software development team would.

Meanwhile, I’m thrilled Lucid decided to write their own rather than relying on another company that could also drop support whenever they feel like. Lucid Assistant is a work in progress, but it will get better over time.

I came here to voice my complete and utter dissatisfaction with this Alexa replacement… it’s not even close I hope Lucid is reading this !!
Bring Alexa back bring it back now I sent an email to customer service now and you should do the same …

[email protected]

Tell them you want Alexa back

Also my kids from the back seat say “Hey Lucid” and it never picks up however Alexa picked up every time this is a regression we are going backwards cmon Lucid …

Thanks for the customer care email link, I just emailed them telling them thank you for getting rid of Alexa and developing their own disappointing voice assistant cuz Alexa was mediocre and I personally use Siri and it’s all about ME ME ME ME ME.

I am also on board this train of, My kids used Alexa before this update. You know what? They don't care it's gone. Bring on the Lucid Assistant because Alexa sucked anyways.

I am also on board this train of, My kids used Alexa before this update. You know what? They don't care it's gone. Bring on the Lucid Assistant because Alexa sucked anyways.
Can your kids use the lucid voice assistant my kids can’t access it from the rear seat and it’s very slow… at least Alexa worked I feel we went backwards

Reactions: DJL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back