Removal of Alexa in 2.4.x software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you can use this as a lesson to teach your kids coping skills about how to handle things when not everything goes their way. You know, ask to speak to the manager IE what would Karen do?

Can your kids use the lucid voice assistant my kids can’t access it from the rear seat and it’s very slow… at least Alexa worked I feel we went backwards
Yes, my son yells Hey Lucid and it comes up. Yes it's a little slower, but there is a reason that Amazon has lost over $25 billion on Alexa...

Yes, my son yells Hey Lucid and it comes up. Yes it's a little slower, but there is a reason that Amazon has lost over $25 billion on Alexa...
My kids yell and it doesn’t respond … did you find you had to yell more your kids after the update ?

I can't believe Lucid just removed Alexa without an end of life notice. I just upgraded my software to find out that I am no longer able to use this great feature. My children love my lucid because from the back seat, they can request books from audible.com or their favorite songs from Amazon music.

To be clear:
  • Lucid should put out an end of life notice before they get rid of a great feature. They should also not get rid of a great feature.
  • No, I am not going to give my kids my phone so they can select songs while Im driving. I am also not going to play with my phone and open the alexa app (Illegal to use apps while driving in Massachusetts)
  • No I do not want to use my data streaming now to use Amazon's music and audible books.
  • Apparently this "Hey Lucid" is a replacement? Lucid apparently did not put out any information other than a one paragraph blurb on what it supports. This is ridiculous.

I am tired of being Lucid's tester. While the car drives great, it is not ready for national sales. Its a shame, because it is a beautiful car but has such an amateur team working on the infotainment system. Some of the problems I experienced include:
  • Volume increasing or decreasing randomly
  • Volume control stops working (i've reset the infotainment system many times)
  • Brake failure messages (fortunately false alarms.)
  • Backup camera lags by 3 seconds, really dangerous.
  • Speedometer is WRONG by 3-5 miles.
  • Sirius XM user interface absolutely terrible (I guess this has been improved, but I've cancelled Sirius XM.\
You are absolutely right ,,, think of the kids and my sanity as parent….

Yeah well you spent $150,000 on Alexa (that’s the only reason you bought a Lucid right?) so who’s the sucker now?

I see some of you mentioned using Siri I would be curious can the kids control that would love to learn if that can replace Alexa

I see some of you mentioned using Siri I would be curious can the kids control that would love to learn if that can replace Alexa
Just drop the kids off at school and get to work, they don’t need control over your phone or car 😂

"Hey Siri" or a long press on the assistant button on the wheel will wake Siri and offer any of the functions available through CarPlay or on your iPhone. You can navigate with Apple Maps or Waze, look up info using Safari, change CarPlay audio, etc. It won't control functions like raising or lowering the cabin temperature settings and whatever else "Hey Lucid" controls that's car-specific. I haven't had a chance to play with any of this, but assume that the CarPlay functionality isn't impacted by the swap from Alexa to Lucid. Hoping to get out for a drive tonight after work.

I, for one, have been waiting 2.5 years for Lucid to replace Alexa and am very happy it is gone. I am still learning to use LA (it seems to like kpop as it pops up during songs), but I assume it will only get better and more nuanced in time.

“Hey Alexa, play the sound of a tiny violin”.

Hmmm seems like based on the posts in here Alexa is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back