Removal of Alexa in 2.4.x software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• IMG_3887.webp
    IMG_3887.webp
    61.1 KB · Views: 35
Alexa going away is presumably mostly a function of Amazon letting it die. It was not remotely profitable for them, and without Amazon's support it is not viable for anyone to leave in a third party product. Blame Lucid all you want but they represent a vanishingly small customer base for a voice assistant that is obsolete with the advent of generative AI, and is being put out to pasture anyway.
Amazon is not letting Alexa die. They are actively working on it and even coming out with an enhanced (paid) level. Rumors were based on an unsubstantiated article. Amazon did lay off members of its Alexa team, but it was part of a broad layoff that affected members of teams across the board. The improved version of Alexa will be a generative AI version.

Get an Alexa Auto… this will bring back Alexa capabilities. As I previously posted, I had an old Alexa Auto that I set up post 2.4.4, works fine
Alexa Auto works, as does the Alexa phone app, as long as you set your audio source to Bluetooth. But that keeps you from setting it to anything else and being able to hear Alexa.

I might have gone too far but can Siri respond to name Alexa ? I also heard Alexa may still work via blue tooth need to research 🔬

Would the addition of the Amazon music app be a viable compromise?
The thing i really liked about Alexa is that when I asked it to play music it defaulted to Amazon Music which plays in higher depth (since I pay for that). Having the
Amazon music app would be awesome. Hey Lucid defaults to Spotify for me.

Alexa is the thing you’re putting the most importance in?! In this fantastic car, you’re stuck on Alexa. An item that Lucid has no control over and as others have stated, is basically being abandoned by Amazon. Just drive the car. Why on earth is this such a thing?! We get DDPro features that we have been waiting for and excited for for two years, and people are whining about an unnecessary voice assistant?! It’s a new low here on the forum, I’ve gotta say. And good luck with the “not accepting any software updates” thing
I would never have bought the car without Alexa. All other premium cars have it. (Mercedes, BMW.. Event Ford and GM)

Alexa Auto works, as does the Alexa phone app, as long as you set your audio source to Bluetooth. But that keeps you from setting it to anything else and being able to hear Alexa.
I have Alexa Auto in my older vehicle. Like you say, it requires dedicated sound, so not an option if you are using Nav, etc.

The thing i really liked about Alexa is that when I asked it to play music it defaulted to Amazon Music which plays in higher depth (since I pay for that). Having the
Amazon music app would be awesome. Hey Lucid defaults to Spotify for me.
This reminds me I maybe have to cancel Amazon. Music if it’s not on the car anymore

I would never have bought the car without Alexa. All other premium cars have it. (Mercedes, BMW.. Event Ford and GM)
I would have bought the car without Alexa, and while it's a problem in the interim, it's far from a show stopper. The biggest advantage of Alexa for me was the ability for me to open or close my garage door with a voice command, but putting Homelink menu items on the screen when in reverse and making the drop down stay on longer when in drive made it a lot less necessary. Adding Amazon Music and Android Auto will give me close to all the Alexa functionality that I was likely to use from the car.

Nevertheless, I don't like the idea of any company selling something with advertised features and taking them away. Had Lucid said that they'd supply a year of Alexa, and that it may or may not be an option after that, I would have been fine with it. But they sold a car with an advertised feature. Just because I can live without this feature doesn't mean that it couldn't happen to a feature that I consider much more important, if they feel free to remove advertised features.

I did like and use Alexa in my car. I don’t have the update yet. I don’t like using Amazon auto. I will just adapt to using Siri and Hey Lucid. When I bought my Lucid I understood that I am buying a car from a startup and expected bumps in the road. I had Tesla and it has excellent sound and infotainment but my family hated the ride quality. I love my Lucid ride quality and I am willing to be patient as the software evolves.

I did like and use Alexa in my car. I don’t have the update yet. I don’t like using Amazon auto. I will just adapt to using Siri and Hey Lucid. When I bought my Lucid I understood that I am buying a car from a startup and expected bumps in the road. I had Tesla and it has excellent sound and infotainment but my family hated the ride quality. I love my Lucid ride quality and I am willing to be patient as the software evolves.
Tesla supports Amazon Music and it didn't take them much more than a decade to add it. I l suppose that some people think that farting sounds were worthy of a higher priority, but I disagree. But Tesla won't let me ask general questions unrelated to the car, and Alexa does. Plus, in a pinch, I could use Alexa to notify people in my house of things if I forgot my phone. I can't do that if it's not built in, so I didn't have that ability in a Tesla.

I went back and reread the articles that mentioned it, and they were based on a job listing that said "Fulfill responsibilities of Product Owner for Apple, Amazon Music and other Media app partners." I just checked the job listing that was quoted in numerous articles, and that one was later changed to "Fulfill responsibilities of Product Owner for Media Partner Apps," which is both more comprehensive and less specific at the same time. So while it's clear that they did initially try to hire people with specific experience with Amazon Music, I don't want to read too much into it at this point. The change could have been to broaden the search, under the assumption that a person with general expertise would be able to integrate various platforms even without necessarily having worked with each specific one. Had they removed Amazon and left Apple, I'd be more inclined to think that they weren't looking at Amazon specifically. It seems more likely that they want somebody who can add sources in general, and those two were at the top of the list when the job listing was created. Of course they could have scrapped plans for Amazon Music, but I wouldn't expect them to scrap plans for one that people are asking about.

Regardless, the most accurate thing I could say at this point is that they had plans, or tentative plans to add it, might still have plans, but never made an official announcement.

Reactions: mxp
Also my kids from the back seat say “Hey Lucid” and it never picks up however Alexa picked up every time this is a regression we are going backwards cmon Lucid …
Tell them to speak up.

Can your kids use the lucid voice assistant my kids can’t access it from the rear seat and it’s very slow… at least Alexa worked I feel we went backwards
Yes. We didn’t go backwards, but sometimes going forward means taking a step back and taking a different fork.

My kids yell and it doesn’t respond … did you find you had to yell more your kids after the update ?
I definitely yell at other people’s kids more after this update.

I see some of you mentioned using Siri I would be curious can the kids control that would love to learn if that can replace Alexa
Yes.

Siri doesn’t respond to hey siri do sad bring back Alexa.
Yes, it does. Turn on the setting.

Aww had to turn on listen setting. Yesss
👍have you considered waiting more than 3 minutes before each post? :)

I might have gone too far but can Siri respond to name Alexa ? I also heard Alexa may still work via blue tooth need to research 🔬
No.

And no.

So this morning I had my kids try the Siri and Siri couldn’t pick up their voice so supposed we are back to square 1. If anyone has young kids who can control the music could they provide some advice they like to listen to “Tate McRae” etc

So this morning I had my kids try the Siri and Siri couldn’t pick up their voice so supposed we are back to square 1. If anyone has young kids who can control the music could they provide some advice they like to listen to “Tate McRae” etc
Use SharePlay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back