Regenerative Braking after 2.0.55

lucidukan

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Am I imagining it (I have only had the car for a week), but has 2.0.55 improved regenerative braking? Now it seems if I am behind a car stopped at a red light, it seems to apply regenerative braking more aggressively so the car stops without me having to touch the brakes to bring it to a complete stop right behind.

Before the update, I found I was frequently doing that, being used to the Tesla behavior which does recognize stopped cars.

Am I imagining it (I have only had the car for a week), but has 2.0.55 improved regenerative braking? Now it seems if I am behind a car stopped at a red light, it seems to apply regenerative braking more aggressively so the car stops without me having to touch the brakes to bring it to a complete stop right behind.

Before the update, I found I was frequently doing that, being used to the Tesla behavior which does recognize stopped cars.
I have not noticed any change in regenerative braking on 2.0.55. What regen setting and drive mode were you in. With low regen setting, regen is stronger in Smooth mode than in Swift and Spring modes. With high regen set, regen is the same across all drive modes.

I have not noticed any change in regenerative braking on 2.0.55. What regen setting and drive mode were you in. With low regen setting, regen is stronger in Smooth mode than in Swift and Spring modes. With high regen set, regen is the same across all drive modes.
I was on smooth

I haven’t noticed any difference. You might have noticed a difference from being charged at a percentage above 80 then dropping below where the regen is stronger?

I haven’t noticed any difference. You might have noticed a difference from being charged at a percentage above 80 then dropping below where the regen is stronger?
This is imo bad decision by lucid

Regen braking should have consistent feel through out as people build muscle memory around it…

Regen braking should have consistent feel through out as people build muscle memory around it…
I am not sure what you mean, regen is consistent and based on the regen setting and driving mode. The only time regen is not consistent is when batttery cannot accept charge from regen (too cold or too high an SOC). This is battery chemistry, not a decision that Lucid made.

I am not sure what you mean, regen is consistent and based on the regen setting and driving mode. The only time regen is not consistent is when batttery cannot accept charge from regen (too cold or too high an SOC). This is battery chemistry, not a decision that Lucid made.
I was told by service team multiple times that when battery is nearly 80 percent charge the regen breaking is bit weak and as battery starts draining the regen breaking becomes stronger and stronger for same settings

That imo is lame design

I was told by service team multiple times that when battery is nearly 80 percent charge the regen breaking is bit weak and as battery starts draining the regen breaking becomes stronger and stronger for same settings

That imo is lame design
My experience is that regen is not limited when the SOC is at or below 95% which just about the best that they could do.

My experience is that regen is not limited when the SOC is at or below 95% which just about the best that they could do.
Ok… so seems their service team is not conveying right message

But regen breaking had gone weak and had to take for diag… these guys asked me to document when regen feels weak. As if I have to keep driving and making notes …

But after 55 software update breaks seem ok

This is not a Lucid decision, but rather a fact of life with all EVs. I’m on my fourth EV and regenerative braking was limited on all of them at high SOCs. If you had your way and allowed full regenerative braking at say a 95% SOC, you would probably run a risk of battery damage.

Every EV manufacturer wants and needs to protect the high voltage battery.

Yeah you are right. I didn’t realize the regen depended on drive mode. Thanks.

I’ve only noticed weak regen when at 100%. Then in a couple miles or so returns. Brakes are seldom used.

That imo is lame design
This is incorrect.

I’ve only noticed weak regen when at 100%. Then in a couple miles or so returns. Brakes are seldom used.
This is typical. When the battery is at 100%, regen is minimum if any. The car will get full Regen when the battery is 98% and below. This is not unique to Lucid. My Model S also does the same.

Back