Rear view camera doesn’t seem to be aligned

abhisitar

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
Is this how the rear view camera view looks like ?
It does seem to me like the camera is misaligned but talking to Lucid service they are telling it is within the “specification”

Is this the kind of view you get as well?
IMG_1436.jpeg

It does seem to me like the camera is misaligned but talking to Lucid service they are telling it is within the “specification”

View attachment 19151
Am I missing something or does it look straight other than the distortion near the edges (which is normal)?

I am worried about the distortion near the edges ( especially on the top left where you can see a chunk of the body). Is that normal?

Yes, distortion is very common for these types of ultrawide cameras. My 14 pro has this same issue and every car I’ve seen had this distortion. I would say though, seeing a part of the body is very strange. Based on the fact I can only see the right part of the car, I assume it is a simple tilt towards the right of the camera, that if not within spec, could be easily fixed. Could you take a picture of the camera itself to see if it is aligned or not?

View attachment 19154
This is how the rear view camera looks like. Sorry for the dirty image.
Its hard to tell from a picture like this, but it does look like the gap on the right of the camera as seen on the picture is bigger than the one on the left. Other Air owners will have to show what their cars look like, but I would assume you could gently move it back into place.

Its hard to tell from a picture like this, but it does look like the gap on the right of the camera as seen on the picture is bigger than the one on the left. Other Air owners will have to show what their cars look like, but I would assume you could gently move it back into place.
Thanks for being so helpful.

Thanks for being so helpful.
No problem! Pretty good for a potentially misleading minor, I'll say 🤣

All jokes aside, do let us know the results if it cannot be put back into place and you call service! I also did notice one thing at the bottom of the camera, that is either just something that could be wiped off or a cracked camera; do check that too (highlighted in red)!
1710193685434.png

View attachment 19151
Looks exactly like mine.

No problem! Pretty good for a potentially misleading minor, I'll say 🤣

All jokes aside, do let us know the results if it cannot be put back into place and you call service! I also did notice one thing at the bottom of the camera, that is either just something that could be wiped off or a cracked camera; do check that too (highlighted in red)!
View attachment 19174
Absolutely! My car is in the Rocklin service center right now. I have asked them to check on this.
Thank you again for the help!

View attachment 19151

While that may be within spec, so is mine:
View attachment 19203

I have much less car in view than you. 🤷‍♂️
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the camera being shown in @abhisitar's pic the immediate, low resolution camera that only should show up until the higher resolution camera as shown in @segbrk's post fully boots?

@abhisitar - does your camera always have that red line? Do you ever see the same view like @segbrk, where there are actual distances projected? If not, you need to have service look at your rear cameras.

Back