Real Life Range

You do get great numbers doing that. I've only lasted about 25 miles. But the bigger thing is - you drive 139 miles to work each way!!!! That's crazy. How often do you do that?

It’s not as bad as it sounds. About three or four times a month. I drive up, then let my car sit for a few days. When I finish my work I get back in my car and drive straight back home.

I actually applied the non-matte twraps protector, but despite doing a good job (no bubbles or dust), I eventually removed it. I found when the sun was shining on it at certain angles, it had an almost foggy appearance. That wound up bugging me.
I haven’t removed the original protective film it came with and it’s been 10 months 😂

I tried driving 150 miles to Sacramento from San Jose CA, initially hit some traffic on the way up, averaged maybe 70-75mph and i was getting up to 3.5 miles/kw. Once I hit some empty open roads about 100 miles in, i couldn't tolerate that anymore, so opened up the taps, and ended up with 3.1miles/kw by the end 🤣

I actually applied the non-matte twraps protector, but despite doing a good job (no bubbles or dust), I eventually removed it. I found when the sun was shining on it at certain angles, it had an almost foggy appearance. That wound up bugging me.
Yeah I regret the clear one - I just ordered the matte.

Yeah I regret the clear one - I just ordered the matte.
The thing I don’t like about the matte is it reduces the ‘sparkle’ of the display. It just doesn’t have the vibrancy of the naked display. So clean I do, often and anally.

The thing I don’t like about the matte is it reduces the ‘sparkle’ of the display. It just doesn’t have the vibrancy of the naked display. So clean I do, often and anally.
This is the reason I always hate any matte display, unless it is specifically made for no glare!

people who live in cold climates (Boston, Chicago), how much range are you getting? i'm trying to convince someone who is worried about loss of range in cold climate.

people who live in cold climates (Boston, Chicago), how much range are you getting? i'm trying to convince someone who is worried about loss of range in cold climate.
Assume 50%, this applies to all EVs.

It was a freaking cold 50 in San Diego yesterday.

It was a freaking cold 50 in San Diego yesterday.
Our high here in Boulder will be 50 today. Which is a freaking miracle. I put the top down on the Porsche for the occasion.

That weather is headed our way.
Forecast for Philly is low 60's (F) ...which is good, as I have not yet planted the tulips.

Two days ago the low was 12 F.

Our high here in Boulder will be 50 today. Which is a freaking miracle. I put the top down on the Porsche for the occasion.
That’s more like the weather in NJ! Time for some mountain carving I assume(in the porsche, because no sane person will pick even the air over a boxster for that)?

Depends on a few variables. My loss varies from 30% to almost 50%. For example, at temperature below zero when driving around town ( stop and go ), I have occasionally lost up to 50 % range. With more steady state driving, even in the coldest conditions, I lose approximately 30 -40 percent.
Range loss in cold can be a frustration on road trips but it really hasn’t affected me at home ( just have to plug in a bit more ).

This is my estimated range at 100% after 10 months 12k miles (Touring 19”)
IMG_7046.jpeg

Back