Real Life Range

The miles remaining calculation just multiplies the fixed EPA efficiency figure (determined years ago) by the battery's state of charge. This will only be accurate if you drive around 50mph.
I just changed my display to show battery SOC instead of miles, and do the mental math myself to calculate remaining range. A small pain but will do until Lucid improves this.
Now you can reap the benefits of switching to Apple ecosystem my friend: Siri shortcut for that math…

Just say “Hey Siri GT Range”

The miles remaining calculation just multiplies the fixed EPA efficiency figure (determined years ago) by the battery's state of charge. This will only be accurate if you drive around 50mph.
I just changed my display to show battery SOC instead of miles, and do the mental math myself to calculate remaining range. A small pain but will do until Lucid improves this.
I have been doing the above as well. For me the number is 3.5 miles per 1% of charge. Has been very accurate for me.

I have been doing the above as well. For me the number is 3.5 miles per 1% of charge.

This makes sense and sounds like what I'll be doing as well. Still annoying :p

I'm actively considering an investment plan and fundraising for EV, Buc'ees style stations (I probably won't because I like my job, but it seems like a major market hole! Charging takes enough time that lines SUCK and that it'd be nice to have a guaranteed clean bathroom and great food options). Kind of an if you build they will come type deal. Idk. I hate that the answer is really "well this amazing car you love driving at home that would be great for a trip only works if you stretch the drive from a single 12-hour day into two days and get a hotel in the middle."

This makes sense and sounds like what I'll be doing as well. Still annoying :p

I'm actively considering an investment plan and fundraising for EV, Buc'ees style stations (I probably won't because I like my job, but it seems like a major market hole! Charging takes enough time that lines SUCK and that it'd be nice to have a guaranteed clean bathroom and great food options). Kind of an if you build they will come type deal. Idk. I hate that the answer is really "well this amazing car you love driving at home that would be great for a trip only works if you stretch the drive from a single 12-hour day into two days and get a hotel in the middle."
It’s really location dependent. There are so many chargers here in Southern California that it’s never an issue. Certainly, this will be the case all over the country over time.

Thanks for doing that. That’s right in line with my experience. EPA is achievable if you drive like EPA. To properly do a test, you need to try to replicate the testing conditions. Anyone who thinks Lucid’s stated range is inaccurate is not replicating the test conditions correctly.

My other car has a browser, so I've been taking advantage of the feature to monitor my car's winds and elevation in real-time since 2016, and I am still using it today:

501b8c91-c839-444a-bc95-b398a4512545-jpeg.347277

Since Lucid doesn't have a browser, you can bring your own browser, such as an internet-connected cell phone or tablet.
That so-called browser has been so glitchy over the years that I go for years before remembering it’s there. I gave up on it in early 2018.

Windy.com, flattestroute.com and my new favorite road trip app Weather on Arrival can give useful range altering data.

Here’s my efficiency on Touring with 19” (trip B is my lifetime miles) and I go up and down the grapevine a couple of times each month. I do hypermile about half of the time.
IMG_7042.jpeg

Here is mine in NJ (mix of city/Highway) while returning from work today.
Ambient Temp: 42
No heat running. Only steering wheel and heated seats on thru out.
Speed - city (10-40 mph) and Highway( HA w/65 mph)

Efficiency- 4.3 m/Kwh. If I drive with heat and 70-75 then I would get 3.1-3.3 m/kwh. Now, if it’s summer then I can easily achieve the EPA of 4.6 m/Kwh for Touring.

All in all I’m super impressed 😎😎

1706050252018.jpeg

Here is mine in NJ (mix of city/Highway) while returning from work today.
Ambient Temp: 42
No heat running. Only steering wheel and heated seats on thru out.
Speed - city (10-40 mph) and Highway( HA w/65 mph)

Efficiency- 4.3 m/Kwh. If I drive with heat and 70-75 then I would get 3.1-3.3 m/kwh. Now, if it’s summer then I can easily achieve the EPA of 4.6 m/Kwh for Touring.

All in all I’m super impressed 😎😎

View attachment 17849
Do you have a Matte screen protector? How do I get mine to look as good as yours?!

Do you have a Matte screen protector? How do I get mine to look as good as yours?!
Yep… you guessed it right. Got the matte screen protector from TWRAPS. You would have to fly me in and I will gladly do it for you 😂

Jokes apart, I applied without any issues and bubbles on pilot panel and front screen. Just cleaned with the alcohol pad and make sure no tiny particles before applying it. Any bubbles squeeze out with squeegee😊

Yep… you guessed it right. Got the matte screen protector from TWRAPS. You would have to fly me in and I will gladly do it for you 😂

Jokes apart, I applied without any issues and bubbles on pilot panel and front screen. Just cleaned with the alcohol pad and make sure no tiny particles before applying it. Any bubbles squeeze out with squeegee😊

I am loath to apply any protective covering on any screen, but I admit, yours looks really nice and clean.

Nice, nice video, @Bobby. I tried doing 65 mph all the way to work. On my 139 mile drive to work, I lasted only 15 miles. It was excruciating.
You do get great numbers doing that. I've only lasted about 25 miles. But the bigger thing is - you drive 139 miles to work each way!!!! That's crazy. How often do you do that?

Here's a short video I did on range:

Great illustration of the car’s potential. I have definitely experienced monster efficiency ,in ideal conditions. I have also experienced very low efficiency, especially with stop and go, uphills and cold weather, like my short drive today . People often think something is wrong with their car in these scenarios. Just go for that steady drive at your ideal speed and all concerns should theoretically be erased.

I just got my new Air Pure this weekend and I love the car. I am concerned about range though. I am pacing about half the stated range. I did not except to get 410 miles on a full charge, but half?!? Lucid says the batteries need 2,000 miles to break in, but Tesla owners I know say that’s crazy. I feel like they are just kicking the can down the road. Would love to hear what others have experienced.
Before I got my EV I was fixated on range. My GV60P only has an official range of 235 miles. I have been driving it for a year and have never gotten close to using up my electrons even though I am only charging to 80%. I now don't worry about range at all. The only time it will play is if I am taking a long trip (like Scottsdale to Las Vegas). If they haven't fixed the charger problem by then (meaning enough fast charger capacity on the interstates to enable one to charge to 80% without having to wait for an open or working charger unit), I will simply rent a car. I now drive all over the Valley like I hate my EV and don't even think about range.

This is a preface to my question to you: Are you driving long distances on a regular basis? If yes, I can fully understand your concern. If not, enjoy the Lucid...IMHO it is the best EV sedan out there (better than the Porsche, Audi and BMWs) and forget about range.

Great illustration of the car’s potential. I have definitely experienced monster efficiency ,in ideal conditions. I have also experienced very low efficiency, especially with stop and go, uphills and cold weather, like my short drive today . People often think something is wrong with their car in these scenarios. Just go for that steady drive at your ideal speed and all concerns should theoretically be erased.
I bought a C8 70th anniversary Z06 and it was dropped off Sunday. With the current MPG I am getting I have a range of about 146 miles on a full tank. 😂

I bought a C8 70th anniversary Z06 and it was dropped off Sunday. With the current MPG I am getting I have a range of about 146 miles on a full tank. 😂

Drive it like you stole it.

I am loath to apply any protective covering on any screen, but I admit, yours looks really nice and clean.
I actually applied the non-matte twraps protector, but despite doing a good job (no bubbles or dust), I eventually removed it. I found when the sun was shining on it at certain angles, it had an almost foggy appearance. That wound up bugging me.

Back