Questions about purchasing and service

gsoho

My first post...... and frustrated! I was at Barrett Jackson and saw the car first time. Loved it! Took a test drive..... gave them all my contact information. Went to the studio in Scottsdale..... took an extended drive. Gave all my information to the sales rep, got a thank you email to which I replied with questions a week ago. Last Thursday sent another email to Lucid via the website...........

Crickets!!!

Is it this difficult to start the process? Are they not interested in moving product?

I expect by the end of this week if I've not heard from anyone I'm moving on.

Just not going to chase anyone to give them $140K.

Thanks for enduring my frustrations.....

Greg

The studios are not traditional car showrooms. You order the car online. No need to talk to humans.

you order the car online on their website. no reason to involve the sales rep at the studio. once you place the order, they can look it up and make any configuration changes if you would like.

The studios are not traditional car showrooms. You order the car online. No need to talk to humans.
I am surprised that the studio didn't help him order the car in the studio unless he didn't indicate he was ready to buy. If he showed a strong interest, they could have encouraged him to at least go through the process of putting down a reservation/deposit and how to do that.

Oh I understand how the process works. I'm in SC hundreds of miles from a studio guess Miami would be the closes at 500 ish miles. Sales Rep talked about leasing...... appears no leasing in SC? Not sure why. Also for service I asked him to research the local resources and their qualifications. Also asked if they planned to expand to at least Atlanta or Charlotte which are 5 hours away but closer then Miami at 8 hours. Sales rep was to research and get back to me!!!

Look here if you want one sooner rather than later:

My first post...... and frustrated! I was at Barrett Jackson and saw the car first time. Loved it! Took a test drive..... gave them all my contact information. Went to the studio in Scottsdale..... took an extended drive. Gave all my information to the sales rep, got a thank you email to which I replied with questions a week ago. Last Thursday sent another email to Lucid via the website...........

Crickets!!!

Is it this difficult to start the process? Are they not interested in moving product?

Greg
Welcome! It’s actually a very easy order process. Go online, configure your order and put your deposit down. Your DA will answer all questions. This is a much better process than getting chased down by salespeople trying to get one over on you. Try ordering a Rivian, Mercedes, or Porsche EV and you will appreciate the process and delivery timeline. Additionally, this is a good place to ask questions. Often members will know more than the DAs.

PM me and I will send you the Scottsdale Studio Managers email. If you want at GTP, I know there is a white one at the Scottsdale service center that a buyer recently walked away from. You could probably get it within a few days.

Crickets!!!

Greg
Just to set realistic expectations, most of us waited at least 1 year from the reservation to getting the car and if you are interested in the base model pure RWD with nothing added, it is still a fine driving machine but you should be prepared to wait till mid 2024. Good things in life are worth the wait and the patience. Just saying...

Crickets!!!

Greg
The process from placing an order to getting delivery is quite lengthy in most cases. Sales and Delivery Advisors all seem to be heavily loaded, high number of assigned clients. They seem to prioritize on orders that are nearer to production. The Grand Touring models have been in production a while, and there is available inventory listed on their web site that you can pick up quickly. Other than that, Touring models are currently being built (in batches based on having the same color, trim, and so on), with most Pure configurations apparently further out. Many people have the same frustrations as you, wanting a quick purchase experience, but that's rarely the case here.
Demand far exceeds supply at this point. If you want something quickly, you may want to check out the inventory on their web site or the used market.

I guess my main question is I live off Hilton Head SC. The closes listed service is in Virginia or Miami. Way from me. I know they have a network of technicians who will come to you. I asked my Studio advisor to verify there is coverage in my area and to provide their qualifications, contact information and experience. I've heard nothing.

I see GM advertising to repair Teslas. That was a surprise to me but apparently they believe that model works. Can a Lucid depend on service outside of their network?

I'm pretty shocked that there is no presence in Atlanta or Charlotte. Each are 4 to 5 hours from me. Even Jacksonville which is about 2 hours. I also inquired if they were expanding into those major cities and got no response.

When I was in Phoenix at the studio the rep told me the $7500 rebate applied only to leasing. When I got home and on the website I found out Lucid does not lease in SC. I reached out to the rep he said he would check into it and let me know. He did a week later and said no we don't lease in SC. I followed up with a question if I buy do I get the rebate what are the deadlines, I know there's a thread on it, but I want to hear from Lucid, and got no response.

I'm very impressed with the car......... but if you can't take the time to respond to simple questions to get me to become a customer, its really hard to move forward.

Thanks to all here trying to help a newbie!

Lucid has many cars not spoken for yet. I went to a show room in W. Palm Beach around mid December, looked the vehicle over, and drove one. I did have an order in for a Pure from last summer(pre-price increase), but I asked the young lady sales adviser if any were available now. She pulled up a page on Lucid's company website with lots of Air Touring models stockpiled in Arizona. I chose a grey/tahoe model. She said it would be here in a week. I did not hear anything for about 2+ weeks. I finally got an email from another sales adviser at the WPB service center that my Lucid was in production and would be completed in 4 to 6 weeks. I called him up and said I picked one that was already finished. He put me on hold. When he came back on the phone, he said my Lucid has been there(WPB) for 3 days. I wanted to take delivery ASAP, but that wasn't in the cards either. He said the soonest was the following week. I said "OK, how about next Monday." He said that's MLK day and they are closed. There are very, very few car dealers closed in N. America on holidays other than Christmas and New Years. Holidays are big sales days. Anyway, I took delivery Tuesday after this very strange sales experience. There's another long story to the delivery day and paperwork closing too.
BTW, the lady sales adviser that I initially talked with 2.5 months ago called a few days ago to ask if I was still interested in buying a Lucid, LoL... I'm a buyer of the stock, so I hope someone gets the sales force organized, sell the present inventory and get serious about future sales. There are a 100+ Lucids sitting at the W. Palm Beach service center.

I guess my main question is I live off Hilton Head SC. The closes listed service is in Virginia or Miami. Way from me. I know they have a network of technicians who will come to you. I asked my Studio advisor to verify there is coverage in my area and to provide their qualifications, contact information and experience. I've heard nothing.

I see GM advertising to repair Teslas. That was a surprise to me but apparently they believe that model works. Can a Lucid depend on service outside of their network?

I'm pretty shocked that there is no presence in Atlanta or Charlotte. Each are 4 to 5 hours from me. Even Jacksonville which is about 2 hours. I also inquired if they were expanding into those major cities and got no response.

When I was in Phoenix at the studio the rep told me the $7500 rebate applied only to leasing. When I got home and on the website I found out Lucid does not lease in SC. I reached out to the rep he said he would check into it and let me know. He did a week later and said no we don't lease in SC. I followed up with a question if I buy do I get the rebate what are the deadlines, I know there's a thread on it, but I want to hear from Lucid, and got no response.

I'm very impressed with the car......... but if you can't take the time to respond to simple questions to get me to become a customer, its really hard to move forward.

Thanks to all here trying to help a newbie!
I am in Charlotte, so have asked many of the same questions with respect to service. I have not had too much of an issue getting the mobile service to show up, except for the time that the Atlanta based service and the Virginia based service got their wires crossed. All of the techs that have shown up have been top notch, no complaints there. I heard from one of them that they have had an open position for a Charlotte based mobile tech for months. I have also heard they have had some turnover in Atlanta. That does not surprise me as their best tech told me on one of his visits that he had been working 80 hour weeks for months. While he loved the overtime, he was only willing to put up with it for so long.

They appear to be having real issues finding qualified people and because they can't find enough people, they are overworking and losing those they do have. It is not a good situation and one many employers find themselves in. The recent nursing strike up in NY was for much the same thing. The nurses biggest complaint was that they were overworked. The hospital was trying to increase staff numbers, but there is only so much you can do when there is a shortage of qualified workers.

There is a big gap though in the southeast and I really can't believe they have not announced a Service Center in either Atlanta or Charlotte. The mobile techs are competent, but stretched, and there are some repairs that need multiple people or full Service Centers to complete.

Here in N.Y. they are scheduled to open, at least according to the Lucid site, 2 service centers this spring. One is a dedicated service center in Plainview and the other shows up as part of the Manhasset Studio. I'm wondering if the Manhasset SC is a misprint or if they're actually about to open 2 service centers on L.I.

So to follow up my post above for those in the N.Y. area, a discussion with my inside delivery advisor indicated there will only be one service center for L.I. I told him that Lucid needs to correct their website since it shows, incorrectly, the Manhasset studio as having a service center.

There a dozens of built Lucids at the factory, Chicago, and W. Palm Beach service centers for immediate(?) delivery to serious buyers.
It seems that the sales folks are not real aggressive or motivated to sell cars. Most would not last a day at a traditional car dealership.
I have a Lucid AT that I picked from the factory inventory which still took about a month to finally take delivery.

There a dozens of built Lucids at the factory, Chicago, and W. Palm Beach service centers for immediate(?) delivery to serious buyers.
It seems that the sales folks are not real aggressive or motivated to sell cars. Most would not last a day at a traditional car dealership.
I have a Lucid AT that I picked from the factory inventory which still took about a month to finally take delivery.
I don't think the Lucid employees work on commission or have to worry about making money for the dealership like a traditional employee would. However, that's no excuse to not push cars out to prospective owners. All I can tell you is that this car is worth the wait 😁

Back