Question to Lucid owners; has your opinion on range anxiety changed after owning the Lucid Air?

asds999

Cars
X Plaid, Lucid Air GT
I wanted to get owners opinions on range anxiety before and after owning a Lucid Air. How is the experience with charging the car with 3rd party fast chargers? Do you find yourself stopping less on trips because of the range? Does this save you time on trips? How is regularly commuting with the increased range? Do you charge significantly less at home if at all? Would love to hear your opinions!

I wanted to get owners opinions on range anxiety before and after owning a Lucid Air. How is the experience with charging the car with 3rd party fast chargers? Do you find yourself stopping less on trips because of the range? Does this save you time on trips? How is regularly commuting with the increased range? Do you charge significantly less at home if at all? Would love to hear your opinions!
1) no more range anxiety with this car
2) I've had very very few (less than 5) issues with EA. Never used any other 3rd party charger.
3) road tripping is like it was in my ICE car I just need to stop to use the restroom and stretch and depending on how I was driving, charge or not, it is not a necessity
4) trips are around the same
5) local driving is largely the same
6) charging at home takes 10 seconds to just plug in and leave. No big deal at all

Cheers!

Previously I owned a Chevy Volt - I love that car and a big reason is because it completely eliminated range anxiety. During "normal" days, I drive about 30 miles, which is perfect for the Volt, because its electric range is ~40 miles. But if I completely ran out of battery, no big deal, because the ICE would kick in. But even then a tank of gas would last me about 6 months, because I usually only needed a couple extra miles before I could charge again (unless going on long road trips, where I'd just use gas).

A big reason I like the Lucid GT is that it has so much range it's basically the same - I just treat that last 100 miles or so like "gravy", and it's more than enough to get me to a charger.

No range anxiety at all anymore. Used to have some with my Model S with 265 max range (a bit less range now that it is 5 yrs old).
However, I now have 12V battery and Turtle Mode anxiety…I need to stop checking in on this forum!

Absolutely. My Jaguar gets about 220 miles of range if I’m lucky.

Delivery June 30, currently 12,701 miles.
Live in Seattle area, first trip to Denver, navigator blanked out, range anxiety on way down. Two separate calls to Newark CC, for charger location assistance and real time routing.
Return navigator on line -no anxiety.

Second trip to Michigan. Some anxiety from Tomah Wisconsin to Gaylord Michigan. 465 miles but arrived with 65 miles range remaining.
Topped of 100% at Tomah (521 actual, even though GT display stopped at 516).
Route from Tomah essentially flat around Lake Michigan to Mackinaw and basically flat south to Gaylord. Drove conservatively, ending up with indicated maximum range of 530 miles.

Next trip this month to Pine Top Arizona completely devoid of any range anxiety.

ZERO range anxiety And drive it like an ICE on trips. Never took my Leaf on trips because of the short GT works. If I do stop and charge, I can use the restroom or grab some food. When I am done, just unplug and leave. Only need to do that once in a day at most.

No range anxiety at all with the GT. With the Bolt, esp in the colder months, there was a lot of checking of the SOC...

Range anxiety only in very cold weather.

Previously I owned a Chevy Volt - I love that car and a big reason is because it completely eliminated range anxiety. During "normal" days, I drive about 30 miles, which is perfect for the Volt, because its electric range is ~40 miles. But if I completely ran out of battery, no big deal, because the ICE would kick in. But even then a tank of gas would last me about 6 months, because I usually only needed a couple extra miles before I could charge again (unless going on long road trips, where I'd just use gas).

A big reason I like the Lucid GT is that it has so much range it's basically the same - I just treat that last 100 miles or so like "gravy", and it's more than enough to get me to a charger.
My current DD is a BMW 530e and I like it for the same reason. Not as much electric range but a lot more power (but not what I will get in my Pure).

Love the car. No range anxiety. Lucky to live very near EA location with about a dozen chargers and have never had to wait. Also have home charger. So far, so good.

I'm coming from a Volt (2018) as well. Waiting patiently (or not so patiently) for a Pure. Excited!

I have "charger" anxiety. Will there be any working stations when I get to the next location.

This is it exactly. Will there be a fast charger that works and isn’t occupied? After my last experience with EA, I’m going to try to plan road trips with stops that feature multiple brands of chargers in the same vicinity. If not for the ChargePoint charger in Lebanon, NH, my VT trip could have become very interesting after the EA charger refused to charge the Lucid.

I learned on my first road trip to multiple remaining miles by .7 - .75, to get a true number. I understand this is the case with other EV’s also.

I’ve used EA three times. The first time, EA did not connect with my Dream (Yakima, WA), so I called them and they moved me to another charger, which worked. Second time (North Bend, WA) multiple chargers were not working, and I had to call EA again. They had to reset charger, and I started charting after around 20 minutes. Third time (Ellensburg, WA) two of four chargers were down. Fortunately, someone drove away shortly after I arrived, and freed up one of the two working chargers.

My confidence level of EA is not high, based on these experiences. On a positive note, EA does answer the phone promptly. Yakima was Nov 2021 and other two were Oct 3 and Oct 4, respectively.

This is it exactly. Will there be a fast charger that works and isn’t occupied? After my last experience with EA, I’m going to try to plan road trips with stops that feature multiple brands of chargers in the same vicinity. If not for the ChargePoint charger in Lebanon, NH, my VT trip could have become very interesting after the EA charger refused to charge the Lucid.
Charger anxiety is high in DFW TX area and I have never been able to get more than 3.2 Avg on my longer trips. My short trips are all under 2.0.

I floor the pedal every time when I am at the front of the line and AC needs to be at 59/Fan10.

One would want to watch their Lead Foot and maybe tone down the AC to 70 and Fan 5 or 6. Use that 80-85 MPH max speed and no flooring it at every opportunity 🤪

I learned on my first road trip to multiple remaining miles by .7 - .75, to get a true number. I understand this is the case with other EV’s also.

I’ve used EA three times. The first time, EA did not connect with my Dream (Yakima, WA), so I called them and they moved me to another charger, which worked. Second time (North Bend, WA) multiple chargers were not working, and I had to call EA again. They had to reset charger, and I started charting after around 20 minutes. Third time (Ellensburg, WA) two of four chargers were down. Fortunately, someone drove away shortly after I arrived, and freed up one of the two working chargers.

My confidence level of EA is not high, based on these experiences. On a positive note, EA does answer the phone promptly. Yakima was Nov 2021 and other two were Oct 3 and Oct 4, respectively.
Appears we’re from same ‘neck of the woods’ Michael.
I took delivery end of June and currently have 12,877 miles. I’ve installed a level 2 and no longer use any of the local EA chargers you referenced. Coming back from Denver trip I used Boise EA and then Ellensburg which I recall only had one 350 functional.
My range experience is a low of 3.1 M/KWH from Wall SD to Worthington MN. On this leg drove 85. My best range was 4.7 M/KWH from Tomah Wi to Gaylord Mi. On this leg drove around 60 as I needed the range (465 miles).
Given the option of chargers on any route, I tend towards maximizing range and doing the 100% charge as I find the longer wait fits well getting a bite to eat and in route snacks.

Back