Quality Issues

Paging @rbbarry. Are you able to assist and remove the DE from your side? Not sure how that got there or how to remove it. Thanks!
Click on your username at the top of the page and select "Account Details". You will see DE number down the page a bit. You may be able to delete it there.

Somebody start this thread and I will chime in! I freaking love this car! Hardware is a 10! Software not so much but improving! Frustrated with the software sometimes/often, yes! With the hardware? Never. It does not minimize the pain I feel for the few others who have had catastrophic issues that I pray get resolved &/OR Lucid makes them whole with a replacement vehicle!
There is a thread already doing this.

Click on your username at the top of the page and select "Account Details". You will see DE number down the page a bit. You may be able to delete it there.
Bingo, thanks!

I realize some others have had some bad service experience, but in my experience and most others I know I really think they’re really going above and beyond and doing a great job.

Despite the (mostly computer-related) problems I've had with my car, the service response has been the saving grace. They really are trying.

Yeah, but Tesla's customer service has been terrible for 14 years. A good friend of mine has one of the original Roadsters, and I've been hearing about it from the beginning.

I had a different experience. When we got our first Tesla in 2015 and had to call for service -- which happened frequently -- their mobile response team was very quick to respond, and usually with fixes that worked. On an occasion where the car had to go to a Service Center across the state for a major repair (battery pack and rear drive unit replacement), they flat bedded the car from my driveway and returned it there.

However, Tesla service took a nosedive with the introduction of the Model 3, and it has never returned to the level I experienced earlier. Now, even with our Model S Plaid, getting a quick service appointment -- or even getting a human on the phone -- has become nigh impossible.

For now I am finding Lucid service extremely responsive. I just keep my fingers crossed that, as deliveries climb, it won't go down the drain the way Tesla service did.

For reference I texted Lucid customer care on a Sunday at 6pm about a few non-urgent issues (rear window trim warped and needs replacing, passenger visor mirror cover doesn’t stay up because the magnet likely slipped, front right wheel has a constant high pitch whine sound that doesn’t vary with speed). Within 3 minutes of texting them a service rep called me to get specific details and is reaching out to my local service advisor who’s gonna arrange a mobile visit in a couple days. That’s on a Sunday during non-business hours and was rapidly addressed. I realize some others have had some bad service experience, but in my experience and most others I know I really think they’re really going above and beyond and doing a great job.
I've has the same experience. Including off hours and in two cases insisting on coming over with mobile service for items that could have waited until a bigger issue required them to come over. One was the loss in bass on the infotainment system and the second time was for a very tiny trim clip that clipped the tail end of a weather strip on the trunk.

Anyone have an issue with the silver paint (or whatever it is ) coming off the LUCID logo (that lights up) in front of the car? At night, the light seems to beam thru the scratches in the logo, not just under it as it was intended.

I’ve been lucky. I think that batch of March VIN/April delivery GTs have been pretty good. Yeah I’ve had a few small problems but none of them disabled the vehicle or required major work. Nothing has fallen off the car thank goodness! Has anyone with an April delivery GT had a big failure?
My AGT was ready for delivery in April, but did not take delivery until May as I was out of town. I have had no major issues with the car. My only problems were a missing license plate frame, the Funk needed a minor adjustment, and a piece of door trim was hanging loose.. My major problem has been getting use to the car and its controls. I am never sure if the problem is with me or the software or probably both. The software updates have helped a lot, especially the Navigation. I would like to see more details about the issues fixed in the updates.

The only thing that I would really like to see improved are the controls on the steering wheel. Lucid tried to adjust the switches, but were unable to improve on there sensitivity. The switch layout is awkward, especially the Cancel switch for the ACC. The toggle switch to activate and control the ACC speed is very difficult to use as it is too easy to push the toggle while adjusting the speed. I find all the switches take too much force to activate. I really like the Steering Wheel switch layout and function on my Subaru Outback, but then again I have been driving it for 8 years.

My AGT was ready for delivery in April, but did not take delivery until May as I was out of town. I have had no major issues with the car. My only problems were a missing license plate frame, the Funk needed a minor adjustment, and a piece of door trim was hanging loose.. My major problem has been getting use to the car and its controls. I am never sure if the problem is with me or the software or probably both. The software updates have helped a lot, especially the Navigation. I would like to see more details about the issues fixed in the updates.

The only thing that I would really like to see improved are the controls on the steering wheel. Lucid tried to adjust the switches, but were unable to improve on there sensitivity. The switch layout is awkward, especially the Cancel switch for the ACC. The toggle switch to activate and control the ACC speed is very difficult to use as it is too easy to push the toggle while adjusting the speed. I find all the switches take too much force to activate. I really like the Steering Wheel switch layout and function on my Subaru Outback, but then again I have been driving it for 8 years.
I agree re AGT ACC controls. I drive my tesla model 3 and rarely touch the brake or accelerator mainly using the steering wheel roller ball and ACC. I really do not see a long term solution for Lucid without completely redesigning the ACC controls and installing a new steering wheel. The things that Lucid has missed are astonishing, they really just got one thing right, the driving experience.

Anyone have an issue with the silver paint (or whatever it is ) coming off the LUCID logo (that lights up) in front of the car? At night, the light seems to beam thru the scratches in the logo, not just under it as it was intended.
YES, that’s happened to mine. From what I was told it’s not possible to do PPF on the logo so it’s naked and the paint is lightly flaking off so you see little glints of light coming through. It’s not scratched or anything, the paint just seems to be mediocre on the logo. I asked my PPF guy and he offered to liquid wrap it with the rest of the chrome but that can only be done in black and I didn’t want the full blacked out look (my car is infinite black).

Yeah we have a Subaru also so I do get their layout much better than the Lucid but also am getting used to the Lucid wheel minimalism and appreciate it. Here’s my solution to accidental thumb bumps for volume or cruise speed. Don’t use your thumb! Instead I reach over and use my left hand thumb on the lower part of the rocker and my left hand index finger on the upper part of the rocker and rotate it up or down in individual increments, like you’re unscrewing or screwing a cap on a tube of toothpaste. I do the same for the volume with my right hand. It sounds awkward and it is but once you get used to doing it that way then you’ll have far less accidental bumps.

YES, that’s happened to mine. From what I was told it’s not possible to do PPF on the logo so it’s naked and the paint is lightly flaking off so you see little glints of light coming through. It’s not scratched or anything, the paint just seems to be mediocre on the logo. I asked my PPF guy and he offered to liquid wrap it with the rest of the chrome but that can only be done in black and I didn’t want the full blacked out look (my car is infinite black).
I am debating removing all that silver paint and having the full logo blare thru... the scratch look just doesnt look good.

Ooh that’s a cool idea. Can you be the Guinea pig and send pictures and if it works out I’ll do it? 🤣
So tempting... I just need to find out if there is something else I can put on it if it doesnt look good.

I’m having also a lot of quality issues in my car as well. When I got home from picking up my new car the rear bumper came off on the drivers side. My trunk makes a weird noise when opens and sometimes needs to close manually. They tried to fix again for a second time and scratched the molding along the trunk and still left same noise. Then the charge porter cover felt off; not to mention that my A/C just shuts off in the middle of a ride and comes backs on like 10 to 15 minutes later; enough to scorch someone in this hot weather. Tech came over and was able to only fix bumper. Went on vacation and left car at Service Center so they will have time to check everything out. Car came back with all same issues and to find out my car was driven at night when the car was supposed to be in the shop (as per Lucid phone app). And forgot, while using park assist doing a parallel parking the car drove against the curb scratching both of the wheels on passenger side. Trying to escalate this to upper management but no one seems to care. Always get the same response that there is not a supervisor available; that service manager works out of home and is never in office and that someone will call me back. Still waiting for that phone call ☎️ and in the meantime I’m driving a piece of junk with missing parts that makes Lucid looks awful when someone sees a nice car like that falling apart in pieces.
I had the A/C turn off on me a few times before I realized that if the A/C is set to pre-cool and then driven while still in the pre-cool cycle, The A/C will turn off while driving and has to be restarted manually.

I had the A/C turn off on me a few times before I realized that if the A/C is set to pre-cool and then driven while still in the pre-cool cycle, The A/C will turn off while driving and has to be restarted manually.

Yes, Lucid made several decisions about operating features of the car that so defy common sense that owners think the feature is malfunctioning when it's actually working as programmed.

One is the feature that keeps the car cool for 45 minutes after you exit it. If you enable that feature but get back in the car within the 45 minutes and begin driving it, the A/C still cuts off at the 45-minute mark. it's absolutely absurd to have to go into a menu to restart the A/C while you're driving. The feature should have an override once the driver gets back in the car, and most certainly once he begins driving it.

Another is the automatic close feature on the trunk and the frunk. If you leave the lids open more than 10 minutes (such as when letting water drain away after a car wash), the automatic close feature times out, requiring you to close the lids manually. The automatic close does not reset when you start the car. It only resets by manually closing the lids.

So many software features having bad code and other features burdened by such bizarre decisions about how they should operate really combine to serve up a big helping of software nightmares with the Air.

The car is such a superb driving machine and passenger conveyance that it would actually be improved by de-featuring it instead of having so many features that malfunction or operate oddly.

Yes, Lucid made several decisions about operating features of the car that so defy common sense that owners think the feature is malfunctioning when it's actually working as programmed.

One is the feature that keeps the car cool for 45 minutes after you exit it. If you enable that feature but get back in the car within the 45 minutes and begin driving it, the A/C still cuts off at the 45-minute mark. it's absolutely absurd to have to go into a menu to restart the A/C while you're driving. The feature should have an override once the driver gets back in the car, and most certainly once he begins driving it.

Another is the automatic close feature on the trunk and the frunk. If you leave the lids open more than 10 minutes (such as when letting water drain away after a car wash), the automatic close feature times out, requiring you to close the lids manually. The automatic close does not reset when you start the car. It only resets by manually closing the lids.

So many software features having bad code and other features burdened by such bizarre decisions about how they should operate really combine to serve up a big helping of software nightmares with the Air.

The car is such a superb driving machine and passenger conveyance that it would actually be improved by de-featuring it instead of having so many features that malfunction or operate oddly.
I totally didn't realize that's why my AC has shut off mid-way through driving, now that makes sense! The various software features seem to fight eachother rather than working together. It's why voice navigation breaks Tidal, why Tidal breaks voice navigation, why Alexa breaks everything if you use it enough and why the car goes to sleep when things are still open.

Of course Lucid is working on all of this, looking forward to what they come up with. I don't envy the poor software engineers who are tasked with the bug fixes, it's like being a janitor in a dive bar. I'm relieved it sounds like they're just gonna gut renovate the bathroom completely rather than trying to scrub the graffiti off the walls. This thing is so shockingly good on the road, and at range and charging, that I've come to accept and almost laugh at the software trip-ups. Guess that's what intoxicating vehicle power/driving does, it's like beer goggles for the software.

I suspect some of the decisions, such as the 10 minute limit on open lids, were made to protect the integrity of the 12V system. The A/C on the other hand was clearly done in a lab by people that have not driven much in a hot humid miserable environment and no A/C.

Back