Quality Issues

I continue to have issues with my car. A quick rehash:

My car went to the shop due to turtle issues. The technicians accidentally broke the frunk over backwards and it smashed into the windshield, which also broke. So, they did a major repair to fix all the issues this had caused. After nearly 6-weeks later, I got my car back. After a week or so, I noticed that the front lighted trim popped out on the passenger side, I noticed the replaced and repainted frunk had splotches in the paint. BTW, I did inform the delivery person, when they delivered my fixed car that the frunk seemed misaligned, he took a look at swore to me that it was perfect, so I took delivery. The reason the trim popped out was because when you open the frunk, it catches the trim due to misalignment and the trim itself had a broken locking tab.

The car is picked up by Lucid again and taken to their service center (third party). They replaced the trim, repainted the frunk, fixed the alignment, and replaced a number of other trim pieces where the adhesive was loose enough that the trim pieces have come off in the corners. With this service, I also indicated that I get a “brake light malfunction:” warning almost continuously. They said they could not replicate the brake light warning.

I got the car back last Wednesday, looked great! However, I have a few issues:

1. I have condensation in the driver’s side pillar camera
2. I cannot get the right cockpit screen to show the rear camera when I back up (the 360 on the large screen comes on with no issues).
3. I continue to get the “brake light malfunction” warning. So that everyone is clear, the brake light in fact DOES NOT work when this warning comes one (sometimes the middle light and other times all the brake lights)

I have performed several resets the Bobby profile switch and nothing seems to correct the brake warning or the rear-view camera.

I have reported this to the SM and ST, waiting to hear from them.

Any other technical suggestions to resolve this would be welcome.

View attachment 7741

After installing 2.0.45, my rear camera on the right pilot cockpit screen came back to life. We'll have to see if this fixed the brake light malfunction issue. I have to assume, since this update had nothing to do with cameras, is that the update process goes through a hard reset. Coincidentally, my SiriusXM hasn't worked since Sunday, but it worked after the update the entire 40-minute drive to work. I'll take both as a win!

Back